the upcoming break (1 Viewer)

dauthdaert

HSC
hi all !!

i haven't previously posted before, but i was thinking that given the summer holidays are fast approaching, do you all have some kind of study plans? i know i have a couple major works to continue with, but is it super important to get a lot done over this break in relation to work and such?

hope everyone's first set of exams went well also ^.^

swagmeister

HSC
Even if you get in the habit of 2 hours of work a day it will really set you up and put you ahead of the rest of your cohort

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Planning to consolidate my knowledge for maths, read prescribed texts for english modules and self-teach the remainder of the chemistry and physics course up until the option modules

Go hard or go home

Btw welcome to BoS :D

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I remember I did work right up until around 15th December, then took a break until around 5th or 10th January, then starting working hard again at it.

I think I took a one week break before term started and then I was right into gear afterwards from that.

Also, timetabling things to do on specific days can work out alright (did for me and sometimes still does) in keeping up to date with your holiday study plans. Its a good idea to plan out what you want to do over the holidays so that you can get your work done on a regular basis.

Best of Luck everyone :)

astroman

HSC
I'm gonna try but honestly I procrastinate too much every holidays; does anyone have any advice to stop this? Too many distractions like parties or gaming
treat holidays as if its school, work from say 8:30 to 3:30 taking breaks during weekdays and relax a bit on the weekends.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
what I did was take about 1.5 weeks off until New Years then did some light study the first, and then 6 hours a day (including saturday) in the week up to school returning...

turntaker

HSC
Planning to consolidate my knowledge for maths, read prescribed texts for english modules and self-teach the remainder of the chemistry and physics course up until the option modules

Go hard or go home

Btw welcome to BoS :D
basically this ^

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm gonna try but honestly I procrastinate too much every holidays; does anyone have any advice to stop this? Too many distractions like parties or gaming
The best advice I can give is to exert some self-discipline. And making a good timetable also helps. Below are some tips for a study time table that might assist you, it is an extract from my senior study guide, for the full guide, feel free to visit: http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR STUDY TIMETABLE:
I think the best way to make a time table is to make it flexible, whether you have a to-do list by day or organise your day into relaxation and 1 hour long study sessions, do what works for you. There are a few things you should make sure to include in your timetable/to do list to make it effective

1)Always be realistic-don't assign excessive amount of work that you cannot achieved in the designated amount of time you have set aside for yourself

2)Make sure you are flexible-so you can make adjustments to your timetable when extra-curricular and any other unforseen circumstances comes up.

3)Make sure you are studying at times optimal to your concentration and alertness level. Don't assign studying at night if you can't concentrate during that time

4)Include social activities, work commitments, relaxation time into your timetable-a balanced lifestyle is essential for long term academic success

5)Make sure you follow your timetable as closely as possible and try not to have too many carry over tasks to add onto tomorrow's workload. With lots of trial and error, you will find a way of organising time that you will feel comfortable with and which works for you

nomieee

HSC
I'm planning to do a different subject each day in addition to both French Continuers and French Extension because they're subjects that need to be revised daily or i'm going to literally forget everything I've learned. Obviously I'm giving myself Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day off but at the moment I'm planning on doing at least study cards every day. Except when I'm camping. That week is going to be dedicated to analysing the hECK out of my English text.

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
Do your major works! Not the best idea to have to be working hard on them during assessment and exam blocks.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Do your major works! Not the best idea to have to be working hard on them during assessment and exam blocks.
What the

Your subject combination is by far the most unique I have come across ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)