The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hmm it seems Sunday wasnt public holiday rates.

Hope Easter Monday was cause I worked a few hours on it.
Yes, Sunday was just regular Sunday rates, but the Saturday/Monday were public holiday penalty rates =]

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Thats quite odd, cos the Woolies where I work, you get paid from what hours you worked from one Wednesday to the Tuesday of the following week.
It's possible you just think that it's like that, say if you don't work Monday or Tuesday or have regular hours whidch mean either way you get paid the same.
But iirc all stores pay the Wednesday as the previous week's Monday to Sunday, as it makes it about 1000000 times easier to ensure that all hours worked/paid are authorised & processed.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
That doesn't make much sense, cos if I work on a Monday on a normal week, I will get paid that Wednesday.
you gotta be stupid. You only get paid on wednesday if you worked on the sunday before, anything after sunday is counted towards your next pay.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
as an office cashier, who has done the payroll for the store a number of times i can assure you (as NATIONAL PAYROLL keeps reminding us), that the previous weeks payroll file is uploaded from the stores at 10AM MONDAY MORNING, any adjustments must be keyed into PAYMAS by 5PM MONDAY and all stop payments must be recieved by 10AM TUESDAY.

Therefore it would be impossible to pay somebody for the monday as the payroll file will have already been extracted

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Hi Guys!

T 360 Here. Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.

Anyway, I`m a service cashier for Woolworths in WA (Wait Awhile State). Our Store is relatively big. We have:

Registers 1-7 Express Checkouts
Five Self-Serve Checkouts ( 2 with Double Bagging Area & 3 with single)
Registers 7-18 Normal Checkouts

PLUS a Liquor Store. We are the only Supermarket in the Shopping Centre, Thus we are ALWAYS busy!

WA sucks because we are stuck with Regulated Trading Hours, Meaning that we are only open:

MONDAY - 8 to 6
TUESDAY - 8 to 6
WEDNESDAY - 8 to 6
THURSDAY - 8 to 9
FRIDAY- 8 to 6
SATURDAY- 8 to 5
SUNDAY - Closed!!
Therefore, My after school weekday shifts are only 2 Hours :(

Anyone Else from WA who agrees that we are stuck in the past???

sach1990

HSC
hey ppl...i had my group assessment and personal interview at big w on 3rd april....i am sure i did pretty well in both rounds of the interview....its been now almost 11 days since the interview was over...and no response so far....they havent even called my referees yet....do u reckon it will be alrite if i call the store and find out whats happening with my application??
yes you should call them up and ask whats goin on.

but no reply could also mean u were unsuccusful. i know cos ive attended a group assestment for bigw few yrs ago and i never got any response..so rang them and found out i didnt make it :(

call them.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hi Guys!

T 360 Here. Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster.

Anyway, I`m a service cashier for Woolworths in WA (Wait Awhile State). Our Store is relatively big. We have:

Registers 1-7 Express Checkouts
Five Self-Serve Checkouts ( 2 with Double Bagging Area & 3 with single)
Registers 7-18 Normal Checkouts

PLUS a Liquor Store. We are the only Supermarket in the Shopping Centre, Thus we are ALWAYS busy!

WA sucks because we are stuck with Regulated Trading Hours, Meaning that we are only open:

MONDAY - 8 to 6
TUESDAY - 8 to 6
WEDNESDAY - 8 to 6
THURSDAY - 8 to 9
FRIDAY- 8 to 6
SATURDAY- 8 to 5
SUNDAY - Closed!!
Therefore, My after school weekday shifts are only 2 Hours :(

Anyone Else from WA who agrees that we are stuck in the past???
A Supermarket closed on Sunday????? Lmfao.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
townie or anyone else..Why Dosnt BigW not pay me for the damn hours that I actually work? For instance, last week I worked a full 38 hours, yet they want to pay me 30. The week before they cut me short 5 hours. I clock in correctly, and although I am Part time contract is only 15 hours, I still should be paid for the rest. Plus I do relaise that I am not paid for 30/60min breaks.. Also gives me the shits cause no matter how many times I hand in a "Pay Query Sheet", nothing seems to happen...?????????????????

One other thing if anyone can help, I reguarly have been doing the following shifts:
-9 hour
-8.5 hour
-8 hour
What breaks am I entilted to???? cause what the Assistant Store Manager tells me(and everyone else) and the SDA agreement says are two different things, and pretty sure she is wrong, so would love for someone to clarify.

mitch179

HSC
One other thing if anyone can help, I reguarly have been doing the following shifts:
-9 hour
-8.5 hour
-8 hour
What breaks am I entilted to???? cause what the Assistant Store Manager tells me(and everyone else) and the SDA agreement says are two different things, and pretty sure she is wrong, so would love for someone to clarify.
With all these shifts, you should be entitled to a tea, an hour lunch and another tea.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
townie or anyone else..Why Dosnt BigW not pay me for the damn hours that I actually work? For instance, last week I worked a full 38 hours, yet they want to pay me 30. The week before they cut me short 5 hours. I clock in correctly, and although I am Part time contract is only 15 hours, I still should be paid for the rest. Plus I do relaise that I am not paid for 30/60min breaks.. Also gives me the shits cause no matter how many times I hand in a "Pay Query Sheet", nothing seems to happen...?????????????????

-9 hour
-8.5 hour
-8 hour
I think 8 hrs is 30 mins, and the other two are an hour. Maybe you should go and see payroll personally.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
5 hours = Tea break.
6 hours = 2x Tea break
7 hours = 1x tea break + 30minute lunch (i think)
8 hours = 1 hour lunch + 1x tea break
9 hours = same as 8
10 hours = 1 hour lunch + 2x tea break

I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

mitch179

HSC
5 hours = Tea break.
6 hours = 2x Tea break
9 hours = same as 8

Unless it's different at Big W, at Target, I get 2 tea breaks and an hour lunch break for working 8 hours or more.

mlee72

HSC
5 hours = Tea break.
6 hours = 2x Tea break
9 hours = same as 8

3 hrs no break
more than 3 hrs 1 tea
more than 5 hrs 1 tea, 1/2hr
more than 8 hrs 2 tea, 1 hr

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
They are SDA figures. Real world is completely different. I work 9 hrs on Sundays and I am lucky to get a 20 min break. Otherwise I wouldn't get everything I needed to done. That's what the adjustment sheet is for.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
our store forces us to take at least half an hour for over 6hrs, and if you dont take it, tough, you still arent getting paid for half an hr of that shift. It's a health and safety issue.

as for breaks at Woolworths NSW

>4hrs, 10 minutes + reasonable walking time
>5hrs, 10 minutes + reasonable walking time + 45mins-60mins break (or 30mins with your agreement)
>8hrs WORKED above + 2nd 10minutes + reasonable walking time

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Big w nsw
4.7 meal breaks
(a) no associate shall work more than 5 continuous hours without a meal break.
(b) where an associate is required to work more than 5 hours, the associate shall be entitled to an unpaid meal break of between 45 and 60 minutes duration or 30 minutes if mutually agreed.
(c) an associate shall be entitled to an additional unpaid meal break of between 45 and 60 minutes, or 30 minutes duration if mutually agreed, when they work more than 10 hours.
(d) unless mutually agreed no break shall be given or taken within one hour of the associate’s commencing or ceasing time.
(e) if a meal break becomes due and is taken within loaded hours an associate shall be entitled to a 20 minute paid meal break.

4.8 Rest Breaks
(a) An Associate shall receive a paid rest break of 15 minutes duration when working 4 hours or more and a second paid rest break of 15 minutes duration when working 7 hours or more. The period of the break shall be inclusive of walking time.
(b) Unless mutually agreed no rest break shall be given or taken within one hour of the Associate’s commencing or ceasing time.
(c) Unless mutually agreed no rest break shall be given or taken within one hour of the start or end of a meal break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)