• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
You are working on a checkout serving a customer. A member of the management team walks up to your checkout and asks you to scan a product for them as they don’t think that it is scanning correctly. Do you
6. A manager shouldn't ask you to interrupt serving a customer, instead, they should find a checkout without a customer

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
for the first 1, real world answer is Number 1, i think the best answer is 2.

for 13, the best answer is 3 or 4, or more correctly, 3 first, then if that doesnt work, 4

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah, 2.

In regards to a reference, while Woolies technically doesn't give a reference, you can ask your dept. manager to be a phone reference as they will be able to give the potential employer information directly relating to them 'e.g. I found yoddle reliable', 'yoddle always treated me and the other staff members with respect'.

Harry778

HSC
Wow, we're almost up to page 300 already =D

Gahh! Supervision 11-8 today :( HATE IT!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
As an assistant dept. manager whenever I needed to check a product (Which was almost every day) I would just jump on an empty express lane and scan check it for myself. My faster than asking an operator to do it. Same thing applied when I was changing produce drill downs, making sure products we didn't have weren't on there, and all products we had were etc....

Last edited:
HSC
Wow, we're almost up to page 300 already =D

Gahh! Supervision 11-8 today :( HATE IT!
Also supervising today...first time I've actually been put on the roster as a supervisor (usually I just fill in for someone else after the roster has been done).

Is it weird that I'm slightly anxious about my three year review this week? Considering that last years was worse than the year before's....

HSC
i havent had my review for this year yet i dont think
They're kind of a joke, I mean if I've gotten any worse then why have I been trained this year for Supervision and Cash Office. Surely after one year they become a bit redundant.

By the way, are we ever able to get a copy of those reviews?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
They're kind of a joke, I mean if I've gotten any worse then why have I been trained this year for Supervision and Cash Office. Surely after one year they become a bit redundant.

By the way, are we ever able to get a copy of those reviews?
i thought we had to sign off on them, and they're supposed to be kept in your file

HSC
i thought we had to sign off on them, and they're supposed to be kept in your file
Yeah but are we ever able to see the file?

Had the review today anyway, basically I'm good at turning up on time and getting dressed, but need to work on being more organised and focused as a supervisor.
Nothing I didn't already know.

Pilotman

HSC
In regards to references for other employment there is a document somewhere on storenet, that has what managers are allowed to say on behalf of Woolworths, Dept Managers/Store Managers can give personal references however they are only allowed to use the ones provided by Woolworths for official refrences.

From memory.... "Suchandsuch has been a good example of a team player within the workplace" "suchandsuch as demostrated his/her ability to learn new tasks"

Just shit like that pretty crap but thats Woolworths!

Black Heart

HSC
In regards to references for other employment there is a document somewhere on storenet, that has what managers are allowed to say on behalf of Woolworths, Dept Managers/Store Managers can give personal references however they are only allowed to use the ones provided by Woolworths for official refrences.

From memory.... "Suchandsuch has been a good example of a team player within the workplace" "suchandsuch as demostrated his/her ability to learn new tasks"

Just shit like that pretty crap but thats Woolworths!
That's perfectly fine. Just need to put something down for a reference for my resume.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but are we ever able to see the file?

Had the review today anyway, basically I'm good at turning up on time and getting dressed, but need to work on being more organised and focused as a supervisor.
Nothing I didn't already know.
i dont see any reason why you WOULDNT be able to ask to see your file, whether they would or not i'm not sure. i've seen my file, but then thats just because i've looked at it when in the office, it isnt that interesting, contents (of mine):

-all my TCR's
-original new employee review
-all anual leave requests
-all old and current contracts
-supporting documentation for deductions from pay (union, extra tax, super etc.)
-Tax file number decleration
-annual appraisals
-all the stuff from my induction

Harry778

HSC
As an assistant dept. manager whenever I needed to check a product (Which was almost every day) I would just jump on an empty express lane and scan check it for myself. My faster than asking an operator to do it. Same thing applied when I was changing produce drill downs, making sure products we didn't have weren't on there, and all products we had were etc....
Thats nice....
What does this have to do with anything? Lol, bit random.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Thats nice....
What does this have to do with anything? Lol, bit random.
Yeah sorry should use the Quote feature a bit more...

Anyone want to help clear things for me with that questionairre? I really need a job :\

You are working on a checkout serving a customer. A member of the management team walks up to your checkout and asks you to scan a product for them as they don’t think that it is scanning correctly. Do you:

1. Check the item straight away as it is a manager asking you
2. Let the manager know you have 3 more items to scan through for the customer and will be able to do it as soon as you are finished with the sale
3. Ask the customer if they would mind if you quickly checked the item
4. Apologise to the manager that you are unable to do it as you are serving customers
5. Ring the bell at your checkout for the service supervisor to come and talk to the manager

bdude

HSC
I just realised how lame it is that i'm interested in another supermarket's way of going about things.

It's just interesting how different some things are done, I guess.

Craven

HSC
Yes, always good to see what progress looks like :p
(even though we are still in the 80s with our software)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)