• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (11 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
We only have a couple of bells in the whole frontend. We just have to put our lights on,and,if there are no bells nearby, wait until a supervisor sees the light!

Annoying!
lol, we don't have any bells at all! As long as I've been there we've never had them. Unsure maybe if the previous CSM decided to get rid of them because of their annoying sound or what.. I was wondering the other day if we would get bells with the new registers haha. I wouldn't mind them, since sometimes I'm busy doing something at the desk and it doesn't have the best line of sight (there's a drink fridge in the way) so if there's a bell I'll know to go help but at the same time the idea is we're supposed to be standing on the floor watching the registers at all times says Captain Marty.

lol, our SSM has been putting off implementing phoenix... that is, until she got a comm from Marty that they'll be auditing stores in the area next week for phoenix implementation, haha. So it begins!

Craven

HSC
And about sales.. ours have been down a lot but I say thats more because our centre is going though a renovation and it's driven a lot of customers away during construction since half the stores had to close. It's on the home stretch now, yay.

HSC
And about sales.. ours have been down a lot but I say thats more because our centre is going though a renovation and it's driven a lot of customers away during construction since half the stores had to close. It's on the home stretch now, yay.
yeh same thing happened with us in 07-08.
Drives down sales A LOT.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Do other stores have PAs on Individual Checkouts? My store doesn`t(and others I`ve been to haven`t) But someone is trying to tell me that they do?

We have to get the supervisor to call perishables(for example) on the Service Desk PA

danberg

HSC
Do other stores have PAs on Individual Checkouts? My store doesn`t(and others I`ve been to haven`t) But someone is trying to tell me that they do?

We have to get the supervisor to call perishables(for example) on the Service Desk PA
yep, PAs on all the checkouts, no bells- so service 10 for supervisor, service 20/40 longlife/perishables etc. from the register- having to get the SVR to do it would be annoying!

plus, we have phones on all the registers so when im feeling lazy i just use them to tell the operator to go on their break. but it can work the other way, operators call us because customers want cigarettes!

T 360

HSC
yep, PAs on all the checkouts, no bells- so service 10 for supervisor, service 20/40 longlife/perishables etc. from the register- having to get the SVR to do it would be annoying!

plus, we have phones on all the registers so when im feeling lazy i just use them to tell the operator to go on their break. but it can work the other way, operators call us because customers want cigarettes!

Wow! We don`t have phones or PAs. We have approx 5 bells for the front end.Here, our way of calling supervisors is to put our blue light on,ring bell(If we have one) and wait for the supervisor to respond.It can take forever!

T 360

HSC
Ours to, Our centre is being majourly renovated!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

We don't have phones on the (6 :p) checkouts we have but the Supervisor carries around a portable phone just incase they need to call someone when they are serving. (In smaller stores Supervisors have no option but to serve :p)

yoddle

is cool
HSC

That's so disappointing you would never be able to hear wooloworths radio!
I think I prefer our system of bells. Not for radio just out of practical reasons. And also lots of staff would surely unecessarily call other staff when they could have fixed the problem themselves cos they didn't know how? And, what, so anyone can call service 20?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i wish our store had a portable phone, as there's no PA or Phone in express, and it gets annoying when i'm stuck in there serving

also, about biggest sales, apparantly the "flagship" store is Warringah Mall with $1.6m in sales

Harry778

HSC
LOL how good is Woolworths radio?! I love it...sooo many catchy songs. Pitty we cant get the name of them anywhere.

At my old store they had a phone and PA from registers 15-23 (one for each bay) cos it was so big and would be impossible to hear bells from the Service Desk, it could only dial 105, but you couldnt ring it. So that was cool.

Hope I can get back there!

bdude

HSC
We only have phones at Coles, one for each bay. It's annoying when it's really busy and the supervisors are stuck on express because you can't get a hold of anyone and then the customer gets shitty because they can't get what they want.

Sometimes I just ring up whoever's on register 9 (which is connected to service desk/express) and get them to yell at a supervisor for me.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i wish our store had a portable phone, as there's no PA or Phone in express, and it gets annoying when i'm stuck in there serving

also, about biggest sales, apparantly the "flagship" store is Warringah Mall with $1.6m in sales
Really? Surely there's stores doing heaps more than that..... :confused:
Also, all our checkouts used to have a PA, but the old store manager hated the staff using them so gave us the stupid bells instead.... It's like, a 21 register store. Bells do not work.

Last edited:

grobsh

HSC

and the rest... last i heard they were tracking at nearly double that. Combined GM & Groceries do a million alone.

HSC
Wish we had at least PA's on registers...then operators would learn that they HAVE to use them. At the moment I could be serving in express and someone will come up to me and say "I need grocery" - lol the PA is three steps away but no one wants to use it.

Harry778

HSC
Wish we had at least PA's on registers...then operators would learn that they HAVE to use them. At the moment I could be serving in express and someone will come up to me and say "I need grocery" - lol the PA is three steps away but no one wants to use it.
I wouldnt want them to use it. If they're not confident in doing it they sound stupid lol. I was on close on sunday night and and I was counting a draw and an operator asked me to get long life so I told her I'll be a sec so she just used it her self...she sounded like a mouse and was REALLY loud. I was like..WHAT DID I JUST SAY? lol...

They're either to loud or to quiet!

Black Heart

HSC
I am wondering how I would go about finding about whether or not my transfer to a different store (Woolworths to Big W) has gone through or not? I was told to not worry about hearing anything for two weeks and it was two weeks the Sunday just gone. Should I speak to my Store Manager or SSM (I think that is what she is), or would it be possible to email the store?

Has anyone had any experience in transfering cross division?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bahahahaha, 2 weeks, you've got to be kidding, try waiting at least 2 months.

if you are keen, i doubt your store manager would know anything about it, you'd have to talk to Big W HR i reckon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)