• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
so ben, can we expect a uniform pic from you? though i'm guessing you work in an AO or RO?
Yeah i think i may have an old uniform pic. Nah I'm a store slave at the moment. What made you think I was AO/RO?

bensneddon

HSC
There's actually been quite a few of us through the life of this thread.

Oh, tonight one of the other supervisors asked our SSM what the Phoenix in Project Phoenix actually stood for. He had no idea. Any propositions?

No work tomorrow :p
No meaning... they just choose internal names for projects, eg Phoenix, Galaxy, Refresh.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There's actually been quite a few of us through the life of this thread.

Oh, tonight one of the other supervisors asked our SSM what the Phoenix in Project Phoenix actually stood for. He had no idea. Any propositions?

No work tomorrow :p
i've always thought the Phoenix was because Workbrain was such a spectacular failrue (fire) what they tried to salvage (re-birth) was the idea of re-working cash office/systems

i'm in 2 minda about phoenix. i think the idea is good, but i think the execution has been shithouse, minimal involvement from regional and area offices, and it seems now to just be an excuse to cut SMS hours from non-trade. because frankly, Office and Systems people do a lot of things that wilst, they arent specifially hired to do, they do anyway

bensneddon

HSC
i think the idea is good, but i think the execution has been shithouse, minimal involvement from regional and area offices, and it seems now to just be an excuse to cut SMS hours from non-trade.
The Regional HRM (and RSM?) was meant to oversee the project implementation in their region. Area HRS's and SSS's were supposed to develop individual training plans to upskill employees in conjunction with the SSM's

(if i can remember the documentation...)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah i think i may have an old uniform pic. Nah I'm a store slave at the moment. What made you think I was AO/RO?
Really? your knowledge of new policies and existing ones, and the reasons behind them just seem to be beyond the normal store person. i pride myself on keeping abreast of things, but your knowledge always seemed to be "inside info" so i figured you were from support/area/regional offices, not stores. i'm mighty impressed you are still in stores.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The Regional HRM (and RSM?) was meant to oversee the project implementation in their region. Area HRS's and SSS's were supposed to develop individual training plans to upskill employees in conjunction with the SSM's

(if i can remember the documentation...)
i know they were MEANT to, doesnt mean they did. at the original launch meeting they definately gave the impression that they would basically be checking in every week, the impression i got of the ACTUAL process was they basically stuck some stuff on storenet, and just let the store's handle it themselves, with the area people just getting involve at the beginning and end.

HSC
I am a "Fresh Food Person" sigh :wave:

2 1/2 years later i still am there, as a Service Checkout Operator/ Deli assistant, and still get asked by customers if i work at the store, when i am in my uniform and have name badge on ...idiots

Hate my depo manager, loved my store manager but he left, got a new one hes pretty good. Ah just want to be 18 and have my RSA under my belt and go into liquor department.

And I get abused by customers asking where things are when i am in my school uniform, somehow they recognise me :mad: . But got the weekend off :D ...won't be suprised if they call me in to work, considering they cut my last 3 shifts and they sucked me back in to do yesterday :angry: considering i don't work fridays

bensneddon

HSC
Really? your knowledge of new policies and existing ones, and the reasons behind them just seem to be beyond the normal store person. i pride myself on keeping abreast of things, but your knowledge always seemed to be "inside info" so i figured you were from support/area/regional offices, not stores. i'm mighty impressed you are still in stores.
Yeah I socialize pretty much exclusively with Woolworthians, so we talk about work A LOT! Plus, I've done almost every job in stores. Combine that with knowing StoreNet polices like the back of my hand...

Quite sad really :p

bensneddon

HSC
i know they were MEANT to, doesnt mean they did. at the original launch meeting they definately gave the impression that they would basically be checking in every week, the impression i got of the ACTUAL process was they basically stuck some stuff on storenet, and just let the store's handle it themselves, with the area people just getting involve at the beginning and end.
Yeah that sounds about right! They do the launch.... 3 months later they SMART check you and wonder why you didn't get a 5 :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
so come on Ben (sorry if that isnt your actual name, just assuming from username) what store, and what position?

bensneddon

HSC
so come on Ben (sorry if that isnt your actual name, just assuming from username) what store, and what position?
[store name removed for privacy... if you want it... PM me]

Casual (ie. they won't offer me a good enough salary :p)

Currently Duty CSM, previously Office Cashier, Liquor Assistant, Deli Assistant, Nightfill 2IC, Seafood Assistant, Prop Bake Assistant, etc, etc

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep it's my actual name.
Floreat 4359 Region 1 Area 2

Casual (ie. they won't offer me a good enough salary :p)

Currently Duty CSM, previously Office Cashier, Liquor Assistant, Deli Assistant, Nightfill 2IC, Seafood Assistant, Prop Bake Assistant, etc, etc
Casual? Fuck me, why the hell are they holding out on you? I figured you for a DM @ least

bensneddon

HSC
Casual? Fuck me, why the hell are they holding out on you? I figured you for a DM @ least
Haha I've got another job (state government) which pays pretty well, so I want them to match the salary. They've yet to come to the party :p

I'm thinking I should just be an arrogant prick and apply for SSM straight up!

Are you a CSM townie?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha I've got another job (state government) which pays pretty well, so I want them to match the salary. They've yet to come to the party :p

I'm thinking I should just be an arrogant prick and apply for SSM straight up!

Are you a CSM townie?
i am a CSM, but only recently, and only temporarily untill i take up public service in jan. they're hoping i wont like the new job though :p 'cause they want to keep me.

bensneddon

HSC
i am a CSM, but only recently, and only temporarily untill i take up public service in jan. they're hoping i wont like the new job though :p 'cause they want to keep me.
How big is your store? Public service hey... it's a pretty different ball game to woolworths!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)