• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

mlee72

HSC
awww, stripey shirts not untill jan :(, that means i wont ever get to wear one. lol, i already ordered 2 of the new shirts (and 1 of the stripey one!), i'm so obsessed
only the Store manager, Store Trading manager and Store services manager can wear the stripy shirts

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno. website says Manager/Supervisor shirts available from January. it seems kind of pointless and a waste of money to make a shirt that only 4 people per store can wear.

HSC
Email: woolworths@spotless.com.au
Customer Care: (03) 8795 2200

Will probably ring customer care tomorrow. The shirt I ordered is out of stock too, but there seems to be stock of another style in the same size. So I want them to either refund the money, or send me the other style.

EDIT: Just emailed this to them. At least then their response is in writing.

Hi,

As shown below, I placed an order on 23rd September for the Womens Size 12 Short Sleeve Shirt.

I have not yet received this shirt, and your website is displaying the garment as out of stock.

I would just like an update on when I can expect to receive this shirt, or, if it is no longer available, if a refund is possible.

Many thanks,
Me.

Also, does anyone know if the Total Image Sizing will be similar to spotless? I've taken measurements which place me as a size 6, but I reckon I'd be more likely 10-12.

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
haha just saw a new ad on TV with Deborah Hutton talking about QFF/EDR. she was basically explaining VERY slowly exactly what you have to do to link cards - i think they must be having a few too many complaints/queries about linking cards. lol

SS-champion

HSC
haha just saw a new ad on TV with Deborah Hutton talking about QFF/EDR. she was basically explaining VERY slowly exactly what you have to do to link cards - i think they must be having a few too many complaints/queries about linking cards. lol
yeah great ad, seeing as many people have trouble understanding the whole concept about everyday rewards.Also with the new self-serve... to begin with I just thought I didn't like it because it was different and something I had to get used to but no it is REALLY BAD!!It is so rare for a customer to get through a transaction without the SCO stopping for assistance when basically nothing is wrong. This really frustrates the customer because they think they have done something wrong when they basically haven't!A customer said to me today that they like the Coles self-serve better! and I agree seeing as it's basically our old NCR software.Hopefully it improves very soon... :(

Craven

HSC
The SCOs don't seem that bad. Things freeze sometimes, but you get that with normal POS too... the only thing that is stupid about that is the "must call IT everytime" rule which honestly is a waste of time because usually all they will do is a reboot of the POS/SCO which can easily be done by switching off the powerpoint or CRLT+ALT+DEL and logoff/restart. I'd only bother calling IT if after rebooting I was still running into problems.

As for our customers, most of them, once I explain to them how it works (green lights & weight principles) they can easily process a basketful without any intervention required. Sometimes I could be standing there doing absolutely nothing because the people are smart enough to operate them efficiently. The only weight issues seem to stem from prepacked meat/produce (say 1kg packs of apples etc) because they will always be over the specified weight.

The other day the EFT's didn't balance overnight... total comparison report says one register banked more than it should have so I go look at the EJ, there was only 1 EFT transaction on the register the day before, lol... so I assume it would have to be an anomaly, right? I can't remember the figures off top of head, but they were nothing alike (after doubling/halving, etc)... so I call IT and they poke around and go "hmm well we can't find anything so just overbank it as eft anomaly or call GFS if you really want to find out about it" ..... lol, and when I call GFS no one picks up.. LOL, okie dokes so I just overbank it and put the reports etc in the "leave for Monday" pile ahh what's the point sometimes? >.<

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Argh, i hate EFT balancing issues. Mainly because nobody seems to have the story straight, like i've always operated by the following procedure-EFT value shows on safe with morning spot check = something wrong-check EFT total comparisons-EFT Last Settle Any registers appearing on the report-if after doing that, EFT comparisons is clear, shortbank to 3555, if still not clear then anomaly and call GFSbut apparantly not so simple, and everybody says different things IT tells you to call GFS, GFS tells you to call IT, or both of them tell you to call SSS, then SSS tells you that it's only an anomaly if the transaction CAN'T BE FOUND, but then the only way to make WBS balance is to treat it as an anomaly, i mean WTF?!/rantP.S. in regards to call IT for restart, i remember when WoWPoS first came in they told us we HAD TO CALL THEM before restarting them, that rule seemed to go in about 3 months when we couldnt be bothered anymore, so i wouldnt pay too much attention to it for SCO's.also, my two handy hints i've been meaning to share-If you just want to reboot the pinpad without rebooting the whole PoS just hold down Savings, Cheque and Cancel for a few seconds-If you want to toitally reset a register that is giving you heaps of trouble, hook up a keyboard to it and hit F12 during restart, it's called a rebuild, and apparantly is second only to calling out a technician for fixing problems (tbh, would probably call IT before doing this, but at least you could cut to the chase and ask if you can perform a rebuild instead of doing all their intermediate steps)

Craven

HSC
haha, oh it sucks... fingers crossed WBS balances tomorrow, think I will jump for joy HAHA!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
gah, though, despite my rant, i do somewhat miss EFT issues and such, office in general really i miss. Head Cashier has got to be my favourite woolies role sofar.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
the only thing that is stupid about that is the "must call IT everytime" rule which honestly is a waste of time because usually all they will do is a reboot of the POS/SCO which can easily be done by switching off the powerpoint or CRLT+ALT+DEL and logoff/restart. I'd only bother calling IT if after rebooting I was still running into problems.
to be honest, i think the reason they say to call them every time is so that they get feedback from all problems and bugs, so that they can fix them in the next release. if we don't ring and tell them about the bugs then they wont know about them and they will never get fixed. that said, i refuse to call them every single time because like you said it is a complete and utter waste of time. i dont think turning it off at the powerpoint is a good idea though... :p

Craven

HSC
true, but i figure there are enough stores calling that I don't need to bother with that, unless something really unusual happens.

has anyone got the "WinPos32.exe has occured an error and needs to close... Do you want to send an error report to Microsoft?" message, lol. one of our SCOs kept crashing to the windows desktop for some reason, and it did it just after a customer put a WHOLE trolley through (she was in the middle of processing her EFT transaction) so we had to reboot it and wait until it came back up so we could find out if it went through or not (hadn't shown up in EJ) grr.. IT's answer was "we'll just reboot it (again) and see if it happens again, then call us back and we'll do a rebuild" yada yada yada...

HSC
Seeing as I can't quote you Craven :(, I just wanted to add that the EFT/Wowpos crashing mid transaction happened to us quite a lot late last year. On Xmas eve it crashed mid transaction four time in the space of three hours, as a consequence I didnt have a register for the rest of my shift :D. Didn't fix itself until we had a substantial amount of the register replaced. For SS it might be different, hopefully its not that drastic for you.

bensneddon

HSC
In case people are interested... Store Release 9.3 rollout schedule:
09/10/09 1141 (Support Office - Norwest), 1412 (Eastgardens)
16/10/09 1097 Riverwood
21/10/09 1279 (Gungahlin), 1288 (Blacktown), 2662 (Capalaba), 3135 (Moonee Ponds), 4382 (Riverton), 5657 (Springbank Plaza), 7004 (Sorell)
27/10/09 1422 (Norwest - Circa Shopping Centre)
03/11/09 Region 1
04/11/09 Region 2
05/11/09 Region 9
06/11/09 Region 10
10/11/09 Region 4
11/11/09 Region 3 and 7
12/11/09 Region 5 and 6
13/11/09 Region 8
14/11/09 1248 (Town Hall)

Upgrade will occur from 0130 local time.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

Today I look like a boy.
Also my manager was meant to pick me up for work ~10-15 minutes ago... She isn't answering her phone (and hasn't been since 3.15 am which was meant to be her wakeup call from me).
What to do.
Oh noez.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Does anyone have a contact number/email for Spotless? The shirt I ordered is now out of stock (which isn't a problem), so just wondering if I could speed them up with either finding one, or giving me a refund.

Its a bit of an issue now. I do not have any shirts without massive holes in them, and I only have one white shirt left from the scarf and tie days (which doesn't actually fit coz it seems my boobs have doubled in size since then). I have five shifts this week - hence the issue.
This is why I have about 10 black woolen/acrylic vests, jumpers, cardigans, etc.
Love covering holes in our green shirts ;)

langlece

HSC
I know what you mean, shirts have a life of 6 months max I reckon.

Boy, 8, found in supermarket storeroom

Why does all the exciting stuff happen when I'm on exam leave? I want to know how he worked his way into the stockroom... it took me long enough to find it when I first started :p

Last edited:

Otacon2009

HSC
I don't get exam leave. Our store makes the effort of asking for time off as hard as asking priests for condoms. Also, nothing that exciting has happened to our store, except when code 100s are called during the day and all the managers leave through Liquor like a SWAT team.

Harry778

HSC
fucking self serve! Many problems yesturday! First the note acceptor got jammed, the the coin acceptor. Then we ran out of change on two of them cos the fucker in the office didnt do a change order in the night. Thats why they get rostered on for an extra half an hour! So it took 2 hours for them to do the change filled them up with change, but the office lady had wayyyy to many 20c coins and they kept jamming! FUCK! I rang her when she was doing it to tell her to only fill half way but she didnt listen. Then I couldn't fix the fucking note acceptor so I rang IT now it'll be 24 hours till they get there to fix it. And I was meant to be night supervisor, spent the whole fucking time on self fucking serve! Nothing got fucking done! Fucking 2IC says to me today, what where you doing last night? WHY the fuck are these people on SS if they cant fucking do it them selves! FUCKING!!!!! (lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)