• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
oooh, there seems to be different shirts for normal staff, and management, should i get one of the management ones, or normal ones?
I'm going to get the management shirt. I have a feeling they are going to replace the supervisor vests. According to Total Image Group "These will not be available for delivery until Jan next year. The different is this is a stripe pattern only to be worn by managers."

bensneddon

HSC
So i just looked on that website - currently at my dial-up house grrr - and there is a category for 'store and service management' with $30 shirts (without a fuckfacing picture) so i'm guessing that these shirts will replace the supervisors vests?

Also, the aprons are funky. So, say i ordered one today, and then it gets sent to me in a couple of weeks, am i allowed to wear it even if no one else is? Does anyone ACTUALLY have confirmed dates for the uniform changeover?
According to Total Image "Aprons will be distributed to staff in the Fresh departments. These cannot be purchased separately."

Harry778

HSC
Thank god they are getting rid of supervisor vests. I have never seen anyone look good in them.

Although, Harry, I am waiting on your pic ;)
I look totally gay in it! Cant seem to take a good photo!! I'll just upload it anyway...dont laugh at me.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ahh, Devonport Woolies. My old store. Who died though?!?!?!?!
I don't work at Devonport. So no-one died, I presume.
Which store do you work at now?

According to Total Image "Aprons will be distributed to staff in the Fresh departments. These cannot be purchased separately."
Sorry I wasn't talking about the aprons. I mean if I ordered like a vest or shirt or something, will it ship it straight away or only when the new uniform becomes compulsory? Surely they'll do an implementation like in 07 when they just said"'OK from today on you all wear these shirts"

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
awww, stripey shirts not untill jan :(, that means i wont ever get to wear one. lol, i already ordered 2 of the new shirts (and 1 of the stripey one!), i'm so obsessed

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Oh, btw, for those not sure about uniforms just found these details on Total Image website: -backdock/nightfill polo -cap -manager/supervisor shirt can be ordered NOW for delivery in January 2010 -all other items will be delivered to stores from November 2009

Otacon2009

HSC
You know, after two weeks since upgrading the self serves, I have come to the conclusion that the NCR software was better. It did feel clunky and inflexible in some areas but doing pickup runs, cancelling transactions was easier and the audio cues could be heard. The only benifets of the WoWPoS is the ability to seperate the nuts, bakery items from the produce items and I barely see people use the Self serves for bakery items/nuts. Also,is it a known glitch or is the new bag button redundant as I've seen people take items off after being placed in the bagging area and the lights go green. Half of me wants to teach them properly, but the other half see the excercise pointless and requires more intervention, something I have a strong feeling that has increased since the overhaul.

groovygirl

HSC
you guys wont believe what happened at my store yesterday. like a guy came
into the store to fix the roof that was in pushed the light instead of the plaster board and it came down and one of my supervisors who was working in self serve and was serving a customer got hit and it also hit a guy in the shoulder and a little boy got hit in the foot and so did another lady.

so they had to block off self serve and the four express registers. an we were short on staff and were like full on busy, with the big regsiters also having to cater to customers buying one or a few items, it was so hectic and it was really hot yesterday
afternoon too. hopefully by today its fixed, we dont want to turn off customers, were lucky only a few got injured. it was a really scary experience.

quick90

HSC
You know, after two weeks since upgrading the self serves, I have come to the conclusion that the NCR software was better. It did feel clunky and inflexible in some areas but doing pickup runs, canceling transactions was easier and the audio cues could be heard. The only benefits of the WoWPoS is the ability to separate the nuts, bakery items from the produce items and I barely see people use the Self serves for bakery items/nuts. Also,is it a known glitch or is the new bag button redundant as I've seen people take items off after being placed in the bagging area and the lights go green. Half of me wants to teach them properly, but the other half see the exercise pointless and requires more intervention, something I have a strong feeling that has increased since the overhaul.
All our self serve staff have looked extremely stressed, since the change!

Harry778

HSC
dunno what the fuck is up with this freakin picture?? Apparently we're getting another service manager, so we will have TWO service managers. They will both be at the same level, so 2X CSM and 1 2IC. Dont know why though? Lol, Rori (CSM) is really pissed off about it. He was going on about it allllll day. But apparently she is a push over. So she wont be to bad =D I've worked with her before, pretty nice. Do they do this cos the store is fairly large? Our front end is pretty huge, we cant hear bells on the last register so they have a phone lol =P and I have to squint to see whos supervisor light is on hahaha. Also, is head office cashier pretty much the same as SSM?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i know at Mac Ryde previously they only had 1 CSM, but the 2IC was practically joint CSM apparantly. but it does seem strange to have 2, even in a large store.as for Head Office cashier = SSM, no, not really, with pheonix now it goes (in seniority)SSM then SSO then SSA.I always think of the SSM as being a combination of Service, Office, Systems and Non-Trade manager.

TimW1

HSC
I don't work at Devonport. So no-one died, I presume.
Which store do you work at now?
Oh, I thought you said in one of your previous posts that you worked there. Yay for not reading. Anyway, I quit there about a month ago. It prolly wasn't the best choice, but oh well. I don't really miss the work as much as some of the people there.

SpongeHead

HSC
Hey guys, I have a few questions about the new uniforms on the TotalImage website.

What is the difference between the Men's/Ladies Spot Shirt and the Men's/Ladies Plain Shirt apart from the fact that the first is a "Two Tone Green Spot" colour whereas the second one is "Fresh Green"? Are there any other major differences in how they fit, their styling etc? Does it matter which one we order and wear as a Service Cashier? Would a store have a particular preference for one style or are we free to wear which ever one we want?

Also at the moment I'm being trained as a supervisor, so am I supposed to order the Striped shirt for $30? Are supervisors/superviors in training even part of the "Store & Service Management Shirts" category or are those shirts only meant for like CSM, 2IC, store manager etc?

Btw I would direct all of these questions to my CSM but I'm on leave at the moment for uni exams and I want to order my shirts in time for when I get back. Thanks dudes!

Last edited:
HSC
Does anyone have a contact number/email for Spotless? The shirt I ordered is now out of stock (which isn't a problem), so just wondering if I could speed them up with either finding one, or giving me a refund.

Its a bit of an issue now. I do not have any shirts without massive holes in them, and I only have one white shirt left from the scarf and tie days (which doesn't actually fit coz it seems my boobs have doubled in size since then). I have five shifts this week - hence the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)