• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (12 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
Random question, in terms of annual leave pay, is it paid the week that you take the leave, or the one before?
Whichever days you have off, it is paid when you would normally be paid for those days. So your weekly wage won't really change.

However, you can talk to your office cashier and request it in a lump sum before the holidays instead.

HSC
Actually no. Because of our reduction in hours, often the DM of c/o is on express.

As a cashier in a small town, every person I am able to recognise, and make conversation with, doesn't stop me from getting a 16+ scan rate.

Also, it was hilarious; I was in the mosh pit at P!nk, and this lady standing next to me was able to tell me my name, where I live and work. I was shocked, but then I recognized her from serving her at work. A town of 10,000 and I meet people in the middle of a mosh pit at a concert. Can't get away from the place lol

Oh I know that feeling! I went on holidays in January and i was hanging out with few friends (Went on a cruise) and one lady stopped me and said, "Do you work at woolworths?" and i'm like yeahh, and shes like, "Oh you have served me" out of all the people on the boat i had a customer on it :chainsaw:

Treefeet

HSC
fire would be service 70 - building emergency

ok lol... service 100 in Victoria is fire, theft and emergency.

even tho they have changed the call signs a few years ago.. service 100 has always stayed the same!!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Service 100 could be anything really. There is no "this & that". We may even call service 100 to get the manager down for a lady who had fallen over.

Treefeet

HSC
when i get home tonight from work.. ill post a pic of our service calls.. since you dont believe me :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm in vic, and this is the sheet i'm looking at. BTW, i was told that 100 was used for other reasons (such as lady fallen over), as opposed to JUST security calls. I was told on training.

Service 10 - Supervisor
Service 20 - Customer assistance
Service 30 - Telephone call, line xxx
Service 40 - Price check
Service 50 - Pick up
Service 60 - Spillage
Service 70 - Building emergency and/or evacuation
Service 80 - Bins are unlocked
Service 90 - Customer service call for Store Manager
Service 100 - Security required to xx

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I was/am known to be quite a harsh manager (policy orientated, my decision is final, no time for talk etc), so I tended to gain respect that way. Unfortunately for me, I'm pretty short, so I can't physically intimidate anyone haha.

Gah you sound like I'd dislike you. I have no idea if the operators like me or not. I know some do. I can be bossy but I'm not very decisive. Bad combo. Just got home and someone has broken the 'delete' key on laptop, NOT HAPPY!!

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I'm in vic, and this is the sheet i'm looking at. BTW, i was told that 100 was used for other reasons (such as lady fallen over), as opposed to JUST security calls. I was told on training.

Service 10 - Supervisor
Service 40 - Price check
Service 50 - Pick up
Service 60 - Spillage
It's much the same at my store as above, except Service 50 is 'First Aid' - we don't seem to have a call for pickups. Oh and Service 200 is 'Product Withdrawal'

ekul444

HSC
N/A
omg! i posted on here a while ago about how i had discovered the new online ordering site for the new uniforms. i thought id go back and see if its available yet, and i was suprised to discover it is!!

looks bloody awesome - especially love the new aprons.

the address is here: https://www.totalimageonline.com.au/
you need to register to login, if you want me to post some pics here just let me know...

Harry778

HSC
I cant seem to take a good photo of me in the green vest. I look so gay! (not literally, but some people have mistaken me to be gay lol) Grrrr! I look so shit tonight! Maybe I need a hair cut? I'm closing this week end, so if its quiet I'll take photos of me with some cashiers =D sound good?

Gahh! Hair=fucked! :mad:

quick90

HSC
omg! i posted on here a while ago about how i had discovered the new online ordering site for the new uniforms. i thought id go back and see if its available yet, and i was suprised to discover it is!!

looks bloody awesome - especially love the new aprons.

the address is here: https://www.totalimageonline.com.au/
you need to register to login, if you want me to post some pics here just let me know...
Thanks for the link!

$30 for a shirt! I have to work over 2hrs to afford one... lol

ekul444

HSC
N/A
its shit. this time last year they were in the store within a week and a half.

stock must be low. if so, they should just refund the money and tell us to order one of the new ones.
i actually would be really happy if that was in fact the case - i was so annoyed when i found out just after i ordered it that there was a new one...

edit: hmm, just checked the spotless site and the shirt that i ordered 2 months ago is now out of stock...

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC

Service 10 - Supervisor
Service 40 - Price check
Service 50 - Pick up
Service 60 - Spillage

At our store,we only seem to use:
Service 15 - Visitor
Service 20- Customer Assistance(Although,its usually just "X Please Call to service desk for customer assistance
Service 30
Service 40
Service 60(OCCASIONALLY)

And WTF? Service 80? We don`t have that! our bins are unlocked all day until the end of the night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)