The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i ironically <3 WoW sometimes

CoreComms today (again, a paraphrase)"

"SHIT! covering up cigarettes makes people buy less! HURRAY, WE CAN STILL SHOW PEOPLE THE PRICES ON DATA STRIPPING. make sure you all do that for cartons of cigarettes right now!"

Last edited:
HSC
"SHIT! covering up cigarettes makes people buy less! HURRAY, WE CAN STILL SHOW PEOPLE THE PRICES ON DATA STRIPPING. make sure you all do that for cartons of cigarettes right now!"
bah, thats old news bro. like three years ago here ;)

fucking shit night. we had massive queues up until 20 minutes after close. i have never supervised thursday nights on my own, and quite frankly, i was so proud of how i didnt panic. luckily i had a great group with me, but reports and smokeload aren't done, and I didnt get tills upstairs for an hour and ten minutes after close.

BUT taught my grocery manager to spot check, and surprisingly she's really good.

also, our liquor manager quit today. quite funny. apparently his resignation letter says "i quit coz i hate {the store manager}. so there".

bensneddon

HSC
Via "citrix" ? hu ? obviously a stab in the dark.

We either take home a work Laptop or are able to login to our own computer and do it that way(restricted though). Both methods are via secure RAS. this is not really needed as emails go straight to the blackberry and sync to outlook.

External laptop access is set exactly as we have it at work, outlook, CASS(you store people call it HOST), along with every other woolworths site.

THe workings behind HOST is massive compared to what is seen at store level, direct HOST use takes up most of the day along with at least 35-50+emails sent and around 25-30 received per day, meetings, phone calls from people we support etc. imagine servicing 1250+ stores!.

Corecomms are for stores to use, we don't even load the messages etc, we just email what we want written to someone and its their job to upload it. no time to sit and read all day

Corecomms can be accessed from any computer on the network. i.e. region staff can go to any PC and put in their own details. For us, we can go to any computer and login as us and it will create our customised desktop on that pc. i.e. i can go to a training room, login as me and it will transfer all my profile to that PC within a minute, also login phones in that room(did I mention that phone calls can be recorded by pressing one button?, this is helpful to the IT staff who get idiots calling). There are many many other systems/programs that support staff and regions use that we need ongoing access to support stores.

At the end of the day, when work is over, you just want to switch off, you need downtime otherwise its just too intense and you cant perform stuck to a laptop 24/7.
yeah it was a bit of a stab in the dark... haven't seen it done in a long time, and my memory is a bit hazy.

What position are you in LIQR7? Must have a fairly decent position if you have blackberry + laptop. AFAIK there are only a very select few in my region that have both of those! (or you work in IT support???)

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Argh just rang up Qantas to do the Qantas Club Corporate membership and realised I don't have the Corporate Scheme Number with me at work... does anybody have access to this today?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ARRGH FML!!!
Just got an email back from spotless:
I do apologise your shirt has been lost in transit. I can offer you a long sleeve shirt in medium or a short sleeve shirt in XS. I can also offer you a credit.
Please let me know the outcome, once again l am sorry.

What idiots!!! Medium is too big, and XS, well too small..

Well, at least I can get a refund and now go order one of the total image shirts...

HSC
ARRGH FML!!!
Just got an email back from spotless:
I do apologise your shirt has been lost in transit. I can offer you a long sleeve shirt in medium or a short sleeve shirt in XS. I can also offer you a credit.
Please let me know the outcome, once again l am sorry.

What idiots!!! Medium is too big, and XS, well too small..

Well, at least I can get a refund and now go order one of the total image shirts...
yeah definately take the credit. unfortunately the size graduation with the guys shirts is too large.

re badges: ask your ssm, they will either print you a new one in store or send away for a proper one from mgm.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
yeah definately take the credit. unfortunately the size graduation with the guys shirts is too large.
for the spotless ones or the total image ones? cause i had a look at the measurements on total image and the small even seemed too big!!

i replied to her email saying ill take the credit, but i also double checked to see that the shirts are out of stock for good (ie they have been infact discontinued)

townie which type did you order? i dunno what the diff is between 'spot' and 'plain'

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i just ordered spot to be different, they look the same in the pictures if you ask me

HSC
The sizes for total image are whacked. By their measurements I'm not even a 6. I wear a 12 in the current shirts, so I dont want to order one of them before anyone else.

Black Heart

HSC
Recieved an oh so great call from a supervisor tonight. Apparently he
recieved a memo from head office, so they had to cut down on hours. So that means my shift tomorrow is getting cut.
-.-

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Been interesting these past few shifts, i've been training a new Supervisor, and it's the first supervisor i've ever trained (i've trained for cash office, and just normal checkout staff before - but never a svr). But i've enjoyed being able to pass on my knowledge, like when training checkout operators and c/o staff i've found you really have to stick to the basics/routine/official policy, but with supervision i find i'm able to pass on all the little tidbits/short-cuts i've picked up along the way, and corny as it sounds, it kinda feels like passing the torch to a new generation.

bdude

HSC
Recieved an oh so great call from a supervisor tonight. Apparently he
recieved a memo from head office, so they had to cut down on hours. So that means my shift tomorrow is getting cut.
Are they allowed to do that?

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Lol yes. My Saturday was cut last weekend.
Another store called me up because they needed someone, I lol'ed.

Anyway
Must be a store-to-store thing. I'm doing 11 hours tomorrow on front end, and another 25 hours over the next 5 days after that.

YAY! Public holiday rates on Tuesday (in Vic)

HSC
I'm getting more hours than I want, but thats only coz our monday arvo/thursday night supervisor is off for exams, so I have all her shifts plus my regular tues/fri/sat arvo shifts.

Otacon2009

HSC
Work tried to guilt trip me into staying back "for a little longer" but because I have exams and assignments myself, it was easier to say no. I later found out that "a little longer" was getting someone to do a close shift to 11, so "a little longer" meant "a full eight hour shift".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)