The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

HSC
^ Basicially and get them prepared and make sure it looks appealing, It looks and seems so much better than checkouts...god i hate checkouts >.< ...prefer grocerries no backaches no customers abusing you for not packing your bag the correct way

ekul444

HSC
N/A
babikakez, re sizing i have just worked out whats wrong...
the measurements on the total image site are the shirt measurements, not body (i just measured my old spotless shirt and it is the same size as the total image measurements)

so yeah thats whats wrong, cause i was the same problem as you - even the smallest one seemed too big for me :p lol..

so measure the actual shirt then pick the size using that measurement

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Speaking as a Produce 2IC, no we do not just stack fruit nor do we do 'stuff all'

Sure, the main part of the job is to display product on the multi deck (Refrigerated shelf display) and loungers/special bins. While doing that you must ensure you perform rotation, taking the old stock off, placing the new stock on and replacing the old stock.

Meanwhile fresh cuts need to be done, cutting vege (Cauli/Cabbage etc) fruits (Melons/Pineapple etc) Once the front end is full, work starts on the back room/chiller, making sure everything is cleaned and sanitised MEANWHILE having to pop back out to the front end every half hour or so (depending on size) refilling Bananas and special bins (Guaranteed Bananas are the top selling produce product in every store) Not to mention grading (going through all stock making sure it is up to standard)

Not to put you off the department, I've worked in every department and it is by far the best one for me because there is always something to do.

On another note, I'm acting Dept. Manager for 2 weeks :D

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Phew, just ordered new shirt, REALLY hope i dont regret choosing 'spot' :eek:

quick90

HSC
Speaking as a Produce 2IC, no we do not just stack fruit nor do we do 'stuff all'

Sure, the main part of the job is to display product on the multi deck (Refrigerated shelf display) and loungers/special bins. While doing that you must ensure you perform rotation, taking the old stock off, placing the new stock on and replacing the old stock.

Meanwhile fresh cuts need to be done, cutting vege (Cauli/Cabbage etc) fruits (Melons/Pineapple etc) Once the front end is full, work starts on the back room/chiller, making sure everything is cleaned and sanitised MEANWHILE having to pop back out to the front end every half hour or so (depending on size) refilling Bananas and special bins (Guaranteed Bananas are the top selling produce product in every store) Not to mention grading (going through all stock making sure it is up to standard)

Not to put you off the department, I've worked in every department and it is by far the best one for me because there is always something to do.

On another note, I'm acting Dept. Manager for 2 weeks :D
You just saved me a lot of typing! haha
And I'm gonna be Produce 2IC for 2 weeks! Kinda nervous, I get stressed out enough just running the show for a day lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey guys, i have an induction on saturday. Any advice? What's it like?
It's draining to be honest.
You watch a video about how everything operates at Woolworths stores. You meet several members of staff in the video, and learn their roles in the store.
Note: you need to remember their names! so pay attention :p
You get asked heaps of tiny minor details about each scene aswell, so pay attention again.

You do lifting/standing/etc techniques. You pretend you lift boxes, and get taught how to do it the proper way and such.
You get your staff shirt/name badge on the induction day also.

You fill out silly workbooks which basically cover the same things as each other (stupid really). Oh, and lots of form signing.
A union rep comes in and explains the union to you. You watch a video about it, and that's when you sign up for it (IF YOU WANT TO) - don't feel pressured.

Cheers

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wooooh for EFTPOS totally crashing, only upside was that IT raised the floor limit to $500, first ever EFT Manual for me!

Otacon2009

HSC
EFTPOS failures usually show how dependant some people are on cards. A power surge meant that EFTPOS was down from Thursday through to Saturday morning and we were trying to get as many people to use cash...but some really had an objection to using cash despite functional ATMs several metres away.

Craven

HSC
Wooooh for EFTPOS totally crashing, only upside was that IT raised the floor limit to $500, first ever EFT Manual for me!
had a couple of manuals this morning... love how when i ask the 2ic "don't you need to call IT for an authorisation number?" she goes "only if it's over a certain amount *clackers*" hmmmm, pretty sure it wouldn't ask you to process manual if it was under the floor limit.... these were like $200+ on credit, so well over.

WBS balanced, woot woot.

BSammy

HSC
Ours balanced too, I was on fire this morning!

However the ticket girls were way behind, I had to help out them, left at 3:30, tickets still not done.

One store near us got Self Serve last week, and it must have been installed wrong, as their WBS was severely buggered.
The head cashier at our store gets all the phones calls from other cash girls who can't fix WBS on their own. They always sound annoyed when I say she isn't in yet.

bdude

HSC
Ugh, EFTPOS going down is the pits. People get so shitty because they can't get cash out and my CSM gets all pissy with me because she has to fiddle around to get transactions >$200 to work, as if it's MY fault.

HSC
babikakez, re sizing i have just worked out whats wrong...
the measurements on the total image site are the shirt measurements, not body (i just measured my old spotless shirt and it is the same size as the total image measurements)

so yeah thats whats wrong, cause i was the same problem as you - even the smallest one seemed too big for me :p lol..

so measure the actual shirt then pick the size using that measurement
yeah i thought that might be it, puts me at a 10 which is more realistic. i'm just really oddly proportioned (tiny shoulders, big boobs and hips) so it makes buying these kind of shirts difficult.

if i could custom size them i would have a size 6 shoulders, size 14 boobs and size 10 hips, and size 12 length :). i have put much thought into this.

bayside9

HSC
Aww.. i really wanted to get into grocery.. Our store closes at 9 if that makes a difference.
Someone told me you have to be 18 to get into grocery not sure if thats true??
Thanks though Otacon
I'm in grocery and there are shifts on thursday nights and saturdays which would suit you, so don't know you cant pick those up. I am from perth though, so not sure if it's vastly different in other states. Stupid late night trading not getting passed.

Edit: no you don't have to be 18 or older to work in grocery, the youngest we have is like 15?

Last edited:

lacho95

HSC
Although with produce they might ask you to wake up at four in the morning.
Haha, they can't do that cause im only 15 =] =] so i can only work between 6am and 10. I think im going to ask to move to produce. Seems fun and hells lots better then checkies!!

lacho95

HSC
no you don't have to be 18 or older to work in grocery, the youngest we have is like 15?
Hmm alright yeah its just everyone in grocery in our store is like an adult or 17.
My work friend told me you have to be 16 to wk in smkeshp and grocery!!
Guess he was wrong.. im in qld btw

HSC
Our youngest in grocery is 17, but thats more to do with the fact we've had the same grocery casuals for three years. Those boys have been there as long as I have.

groovygirl

HSC
shit i could be fired from my woolies store cos instead of $300 cash out i gave $400. i hate myself. i learnt my lesson to count the notes i only and 3 50's and heaps of 20's in my draw and used a couple of tens sit im going to get fired tomorrow, my 8 months woolworths journey is coming to an end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)