• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
AL = Annual Leave
ORD = Ordinary Pay I'd imagine...
and 23.32 hours..

lol.

lizzay2348

HSC
I have also heard whispers that the new EBA will allow 2 hour shifts for casuals :( Someone like to deny that for me?
Soooo not true. If it were in there my STM would have told us. Unless he stuffed up :cold:

Does anyone know where to find the new National EBA?
I can find the 2007 QLD one etc...
(Also, worst day at work today)
Pyro.
Afaik it hasn't been electronically released yet. I'm sure copies will start to circulate amongst stores soon.

bdude

HSC
Can someone tell me why chicken kebabs are charged individually when buying from the Deli but by weight in the meat fridge?

Also, I really like the new Deli stickers nice work.

PyroTek

HSC
bdude: The kebabs are a set price per packet (when prepacked) - I'm pretty sure, it says "xx weight" but that is the same on every packet, and it is that weight or above. In the RF units they are classed as SOH(EA) and there is no field of SOH(KG). There is no product in our meat department which is sold as singles per EA. (like the deli).
I think maybe the deli might be able to keep better counts of kebabs by selling them by Each, also they are all going to be similar weight, so as to not have too many discrepancies with weight.
I hope you understand all that :S

Anyone else start putting up the new tickets for the national pricing today?
We got all of our point of sale stuff, so yeah, lots of green arrows pointing towards shelves :D

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
Anyone else start putting up the new tickets for the national pricing today?
We got all of our point of sale stuff, so yeah, lots of green arrows pointing towards shelves
I think Devonport had started putting their POS out, they had signage over their security beepers and a big sign on the floor in the dairy freezer.

I'm sure the meat fridge kebabs were /kg priced, I'm sure the packets had different prices. But I wasn't really paying much attention to be honest.

quick90

HSC
AL = Annual Leave
ORD = Ordinary Pay I'd imagine...
and 23.32 hours..

lol.
Thanks! Just wasn't sure because I'm a casual, & don't get annual leave! But It must of been from my week as 2IC

PyroTek

HSC
If in doubt ask your office b*tch! :D

I'm sure the meat fridge kebabs were /kg priced, I'm sure the packets had different prices. But I wasn't really paying much attention to be honest.
Check it out, cause we have Kebab packs which are labelled as 750G going for $6.99 each (From memory?)... Every packet has the same price, makes markdowns easy :p
This interests me greatly.

Harry778

HSC
Well I planned on going out tonight but my friends are fucking idiots.

Closing on the weekend fuck yeahhh! Just wondering..what order does everyone else go in on close shifts? I go:

Sat (start at 3.30)
-As soon as I get there bag as many draws as possible while we have 3 supervisors for and hour
-Go get drinks and fill them (or sometimes get someone else to do it while I go on a spot check-a-thon (4pm)
-Tidy mags and fill as much as possible
-General s/vision stuff
-When gets a bit quieter which is rare..clean as many registers as I can..or get someone else to depending on whats going on
-Organise smoke load stuff
-Go on lunch break and come back and the other supervisor goes home =D
-Talk and do other stuff till midnight =D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
argh, i'm missing so much Woolworths stuff by not being around :( :( :( i'm going to have to pass on the torch to somebody soon i think *eyes Craven*.

Somebody needs to fill me in on the proposed national agreement. PLEASE, PLEASE don't tell me they have seperate pay rates and clauses for different states otherwise WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT!!! and if it does, i am so voting against it

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Today was mega interesting!
Got to work at 2:50, walked into the shopping centre and all the roller doors were closed. I'm thinking WTF!?.
Our SSM was near the roller door from inside, and i'm like "Kristina..? What's going on?", shes like "Come in", so they opened the roller door for me.

There was a car crash which caused a black out, this was not a problem but the coil that was supposed to deliver/switch to UPS fried for some reason. This left us without registers or power to heaps of stuff for hour and a half or so. Freezers turned off and wouldn't come back on, we had to get seperate people in for that (the doors were taped together till close time lol).

Everyone was evacuated from the store, staff put EVERY item back that was in baskets/trollies. People halfway through transactions were also evacuated (nothing could be done). There was a HUGE gathering outside the roller doors because people were like "wowmg what's happening?!?!" since we were all running around inside, etc etc. That was fun.

I wouldn't have been happy if I was one of those customers though.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Today was mega interesting!
Got to work at 2:50, walked into the shopping centre and all the roller doors were closed. I'm thinking WTF!?.
Our SSM was near the roller door from inside, and i'm like "Kristina..? What's going on?", shes like "Come in", so they opened the roller door for me.

There was a car crash which caused a black out, this was not a problem but the coil that was supposed to deliver/switch to UPS fried for some reason. This left us without registers or power to heaps of stuff for hour and a half or so. Freezers turned off and wouldn't come back on, we had to get seperate people in for that (the doors were taped together till close time lol).

Everyone was evacuated from the store, staff put EVERY item back that was in baskets/trollies. People halfway through transactions were also evacuated (nothing could be done). There was a HUGE gathering outside the roller doors because people were like "wowmg what's happening?!?!" since we were all running around inside, etc etc. That was fun.

I wouldn't have been happy if I was one of those customers though.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
New Woolworths website is up! I liked the old one, why the change?
I actually like the new one better. The old one was pretty text based and static. This one is alot more modern and interesting.

Re: This "reduced shelf prices" craze that has suddenly gone on..

Initially when I heard about it on the news my initial thought was that it was Woolies scrambling to match Coles' announcement about their national pricing. But the fact that like a day later there is POS advertising & material, newspaper ads, TV ads, news interviews etc.. seems to me that Woolies has been planning this for quite a while now and it just seems to have been good timing. Anyone else agree with me?

There was a significant story on 7News tonight, they showed plenty of store footage and in my opinion all the crazy green arrows sticking out from the aisle pointing to the tickets seems a little over the top to me.. Wonder what else they have planned seeing as they keep billing this as 'just the beginning'

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I actually like the new one better. The old one was pretty text based and static. This one is alot more modern and interesting.

Re: This "reduced shelf prices" craze that has suddenly gone on..

Initially when I heard about it on the news my initial thought was that it was Woolies scrambling to match Coles' announcement about their national pricing. But the fact that like a day later there is POS advertising & material, newspaper ads, TV ads, news interviews etc.. '
I agree...the old look was pretty tired. Change is always good. For a whole week our POS screensaver mentioned Australia Day...thought that was funny. Didn't they just remove the screensaver...now its back???

I did close on SCO last Friday. We finished at 12:15am, but I was rostered until 12:30am and my Duty Manager wouldn't let me leave! So we just read magazines for about 15mins, listening to the music that our nightfill guys played

Work tomorrow: 11:15-16:00 SCO :D

HSC
has anyone got one of the fresh food kid lunchboxes? we had like a zillion in our store, so we all took like four.

my close sucked tonight, i had one operator from 6.45. our afternoon pick up wasn't done, so all my snaps were crazy out, then our duty manager was having trouble doing the pick up, so i was trying to help her over the phone but i think i made it worse. :(

I'm doing 10-5.30ish SSA tomorrow (shelf tickets), front end have been explicitely told NOT to express alert me, though i know that won't happen. My SSM left a lovely note for me, as follows:

"Jess
You have tickets to put up tomorrow.
I haven't written you a new RTW plan so you're still cool to do this. I know you're super unco but PLEASE try to use your left arm. Your paperwork is keeping me up all night as it is.
Kidding
*SSM's name*

PS - Swap into smokeshop if you need at any point. I'm not that much of a dickhead."

And he wonders why noone likes him!

HSC
argh, i'm missing so much Woolworths stuff by not being around :( :( :( i'm going to have to pass on the torch to somebody soon i think *eyes Craven*.

Somebody needs to fill me in on the proposed national agreement. PLEASE, PLEASE don't tell me they have seperate pay rates and clauses for different states otherwise WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT!!! and if it does, i am so voting against it
I know that its meant to be a national agreement and all, but there IS some need for seperate clauses etc. For instance we NEED minimum shift length for high school kids at 2.5 hours, otherwise we are going to struggle to find staff for close. But if you do weeknight trade all the time, you don't need this.

I reckon WA (but most particularly the stores in tourism precincts) have a lot to lose from this new agreement. It will still pass though, most idiots will go "woo pay rise, vote yes!"

HSC
Our STM is too oblivious to anything to realise everyone hates him
oh he knows we don't like him, the amount of times we're bitching about him and he walks in is actually laughable.
but he loves himself enough to make up for it.

i suppose there's no region 1.5ers who know exactly which ssm i'm on about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)