• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

ytrbut

HSC
Oh cool! I've been checking this out just now, and i noticed it says you can dial *01 to answer a line one phone call on the cordless handset. Anyone wouldn't be able to know if you can do this now, would you?
We have three mobiles at our store (SM, ASM, and me), and I'm fairly certain we can't do this. Our refit was 2 years ago though so maybe newer models can. Dunno. Will try on Monday.

nanakid12

HSC
I might give it a try tonight and get back to yous. See what happens. How long do you reckon it'll take before this fancy new thing is in place across all stores? I was gunna have a look on storenet later, but I figure someone may know something. :)

We got a new cordless phone for the service department only a few months ago, its the black Motorola one with the big buttons and the orange frame. All the other cordless ones, for managers are still the black one model we've always had before (service used to have this model).

Last edited:

quick90

HSC
We got a new cordless phone for the service department only a few months ago, its the black Motorola one with the big buttons and the orange frame. All the other cordless ones, for managers are still the black one model we've always had before (service used to have this model).
These are the ones we got!

Homeshop system upgrade is meant to be happening next month, wonder if its still on schedule.

Also, I got four brand new RF guns today!

Last edited:

spilla2003

HSC
Also, I got four brand new RF guns today!
We desperately need more guns in our store (just like every other store), I've only been in this store for a few months and I've already lost 1 gun and a few more close calls. :)

_be

HSC
In SA at least (other states may have different laws), the tickets are on display but the packets are hidden behind the flaps. :)
Tassie is sort of like that, everything is behind the flaps, and the prices are UNDER the flaps.
Currently, Queensland law allows us to have 1 square metre of cigarettes on display, as well as all the prices of cigarettes. We are also allowed a 1 square metre (I think) board for prices of cigarette cartons.
That's weird, I thought the new laws were federal. Hmm.
But yes, we have the prices of cartons only displayed also.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
That's weird, I thought the new laws were federal. Hmm.
But yes, we have the prices of cartons only displayed also.
Nope, state legislation. We don't have any prices displayed what so ever, not even behind the flaps, we have to scan to find out.

britto89

HSC
Nope, state legislation. We don't have any prices displayed what so ever, not even behind the flaps, we have to scan to find out.
Smoking effects your health and the states deal with health. Thats why its a state law and hence varies around the country. The states also control the alcohol laws which is why its different nationally as well

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Smoking effects your health and the states deal with health. Thats why its a state law and hence varies around the country. The states also control the alcohol laws which is why its different nationally as well
State and Federal Governments have exclusive and concurrent powers, that is some laws are made by state and some are made by federal.

Jolyon

HSC
Had nine hours in self serve yesterday. Was dead... so dead I stood there and bitched to my CSTM for a good three hours about various things haha

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, it's basically 'evaluating' how you perform in certain criteria that they want. At six weeks, to see what you're confident at and need improvement with, and then again ten weeks to see if you have improved/are improving. Nothing to panic about. Just try harder at the things they think you aren't that good at at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)