• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Oh yeah! I was one of the two peeps at my store to do it. No one is ever going to see a photo, though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Question this occured on my payslip this week

BENEFITS
RA RSTSG9% $ 35.69
Sub Total $ 35.69

What is this?

nanakid12

HSC
Oh, yeah that could be it. REST SUPERANNUATION could be apart of that weird acronym. Somehow.

I like how I just randomly get a letter last year from them saying I got paid $3.80 (or some ridiculously low amount) into my super fund and that they had activated some insurance items, death, injury etc which were something like $0.39 each per week. A few weeks later, I get another letter saying my account is overdrawn and that I will no longer be receiving insurance. Okay then.

Start of this year, I get another letter saying I need to get a medical test if I ever want this insurance again. By this point im thinking STFU and GTFO :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Oh, yeah that could be it. REST SUPERANNUATION could be apart of that weird acronym. Somehow.

I like how I just randomly get a letter last year from them saying I got paid $3.80 (or some ridiculously low amount) into my super fund and that they had activated some insurance items, death, injury etc which were something like $0.39 each per week. A few weeks later, I get another letter saying my account is overdrawn and that I will no longer be receiving insurance. Okay then.

Start of this year, I get another letter saying I need to get a medical test if I ever want this insurance again. By this point im thinking STFU and GTFO :)
God they are a pain

I am a student and I get charged $5-7 a month and I believe my account will get over drawn fairly quickly.

nanakid12

HSC
Haha thank god I have nothing to do with them apart from my ignorance.

Apart from iMathew, powlmao, me, BSammy, greekgun and Jolyon (who i havent seen in a while) and a few others, does anyone even come on this thread? I remember back in my lurker days there used to be SO MANY peoples on it.

On an unrelated note, I tried to sell this Asian guy a SIM card, and he couldnt show the right ID, except a foreign passport which didn't have his Australian address on it. He ended up getting his translater (who I talked to on the guys phone) to try and guilt trip me into selling it to him. Ended up accepted a bank statement as his secondary ID. Bank statements count, right? I just put it down as "Debit/credit card" on the ATMA thingo.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Apart from iMathew, powlmao, me, BSammy, greekgun and Jolyon (who i havent seen in a while) and a few others, does anyone even come on this thread? I remember back in my lurker days there used to be SO MANY peoples on it.

On an unrelated note, I tried to sell this Asian guy a SIM card, and he couldnt show the right ID, except a foreign passport which didn't have his Australian address on it. He ended up getting his translater (who I talked to on the guys phone) to try and guilt trip me into selling it to him. Ended up accepted a bank statement as his secondary ID. Bank statements count, right? I just put it down as "Debit/credit card" on the ATMA thingo.
Sounds dodgy, i would of said unless you have proper ID i can't do this.

I hate doing that form thing, it is so annoying to do on the computer

nanakid12

HSC
I'm sure that could be considered a secondary form though? It matches his passport photo and name though so I accepted it. It was pretty annoying though that someone from down in New South Wales would not give up buying a SIM card from up here in QLD? Grrr...

Yeah, I dont have access to the Everyday portal on the workstation, so I have to spend 5 minutes doing it through the Registers, to which customers always come up to the smokeshop whenever I get to enter the SIM Control number, so I have cancel out of it all and start again.

EDIT: Totally updated my avatar. Now I can't get in trouble for copyright infringement :D and I don't appear to be a total Woolworths nerd, unless people decide to read my posts.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
I am still here, and so is ekul444 :)

We miss townie though!

Sounds dodgy. I wouldn't have done it.

nanakid12

HSC
My Duty Manager said to do it. I wouldn't have done it unless he hadn't said that it was all good. And anyway, I'm sure that I.D could all have been accepted... plenty of other things I've applied for have said that 1 form of Primary ID + 1 form of Secondary ID is valid, and both those matched that criteria. It just didn't list "Bank statement" in the secondary ID thingo, but its no different to a "Landline Telephone Bill" with the details of ID and whatever.

Also, sorry bensneddon! I knew I'd forget someone :/

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Unless it had a permanent Australian residential address on it, it shouldn't have been put through.
If in doubt, refuse sale. A supervisor at my store used to sell sim cards without putting through an ID check, how grossly negligent is that...

BTW, I wanna see the picture :p please??

nanakid12

HSC
I was told otherwise by this Duty Manager... so long as it can be matched with secondary ID document it is alright. I dunno. I'll check with my CSM next time I work. Also, completely change of subject, does anyone still do the Produce Test on the POS Screens anymore? I'm the only one at my store who checks every week if its there, and they haven't updated it since like... July? is this a nation-wide update or store-by-store thing?

iMathew, there is no way in hell I am uploading a picture of myself to this site. I'm worried that upper management will use their 007 detective skills on me and shiz. TBH I don't even have a photo, and I cant take one cause I lost my bandana. When I was wearing it the other night, the local mechanic (who thinks that my brand of car is totally shit and jokes around with how bad it is) told me that driving a Volvo is already affecting me cause I'm wearing "funny shit" on my head. Not that this goes to help charity or anything...

I still loled at the funny side of it.

EDIT: We also checked on StoreNet, which said that fines of up to $10 MILLION can apply for not putting the ID check through. Did that supervisor like... have his/her arse in flames the following day?

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Sorry peeps, I just realized pretty much every second post for the last two pages is mine. I post waaayy to much here :)

Jolyon

HSC

I am still here lurking. I have just been busy since uni exams are now and I am still working my contracted hours :/

nanakid12

HSC
Ahh okay fair enough then. Wow we have had 3 CSMs since 2007, and only 2 2ics since then as well. Have u been 2ic or anything?

E

Effekt

Ok i lied i feel the desire to make another post.

I haven't been working for the past month and abit due to the HSC exams and i go back next week. There is a brand new big Woolworths store opening which will make 2 stores in my town can i be refused a transfer to the new store? They have been advertising for all these staff and i figure i've been there for a few years i might aswell get what i want. There is a liquor store opening too and since i turned 18 i should be able to work in that part :D Plus there would be no woman controlling me wooo. Hopefully it all works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)