• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (28 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
OIC :) I'll have a looksie.

My Saturday was so good. Learnt new shit. But curse the dickinshit customer that left at 5:25pm when we were on til 5:30!!!! After he went, we realized it was pretty much 5:30, so I had to frantically spotcheck the final register and do all the EFT Settlements with the other supervisor who had only done one saturday before (and i hadnt even supervised one before). Managed to get out at 5:50... whoa.

Had the old guy come in again today (that I mentioned a few posts ago) that I was gunna call service 100 before. I only found out his presense as he was leaving and another operator alerted me about him. He had this massive jumper on and it was like 30 degrees. Hmmm.
Same dude also bought some $10 Choice XLs the other day, gave me $10. As soon as I closed the till, he said "Didn't I give you a twenty" to which I said "No, 10". He then gave me this digusting toothy grin as he walked out, giggling to himself. He comes in here every day... I am gunna be keeping a closer eye on him from now on, and ERADICATE THIS WART!! MUHAHAHA!

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My Saturday was so good. Learnt new shit. But curse the dickinshit customer that left at 5:25pm when we were on til 5:30!!!! After he went, we realized it was pretty much 5:30, so I had to frantically spotcheck the final register and do all the EFT Settlements with the other supervisor who had only done one saturday before (and i hadnt even supervised one before). Managed to get out at 5:50... whoa.
Your store closes at 5pm? o.o

BSammy

HSC
And if they're doing settlements I'm guessing they don't open Sunday. One of those crazy backward states without 7 day 24 hour trading. :p

powlmao

Banned
HSC
warringah mall
They don't really get back to you until it has been 1-2weeks.

The Big W posting- was posted on the 20th of last month, so it is very unlikely you got this one because you were to last, you may get a call if they didn't find enough people

The Woolworths posting - Was posted on the 3rd, you may have a chance,

Thats all i can see,

It really is doubtful because you applied late, Woolworths from what i have experienced usually gives you a interview within a week of applying for Christmas Casuals.

However you never know, try calling them

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I applied for mine in the afternoon, the very next morning (like 9.30am) I had a group interview notification waiting in my inbox.
Personally I find it the opposite, the more chance you have for a position, the earlier you will get the notification (this could vary between HR reps though, some may be slow or efficient)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I applied for mine in the afternoon, the very next morning (like 9.30am) I had a group interview notification waiting in my inbox.
Personally I find it the opposite, the more chance you have for a position, the earlier you will get the notification (this could vary between HR reps though, some may be slow or efficient)
I believe it is purely based on who has applied already and HR reps

Speed in my opinion will depend on how many have applied and who is processing them.

\You never know,

nanakid12

HSC
Your store closes at 5pm? o.o
And if they're doing settlements I'm guessing they don't open Sunday. One of those crazy backward states without 7 day 24 hour trading. :p
Yeah our trading hours are 8am to 9pm through the week, 8am to 5pm Saturday and closed Sunday, though we do open the two Sundays before Christmas each year from 9am to 6pm, and til 12pm one weeknight before Christmas.

So we are now getting these NSW-like tobacco laws in QLD. I'm gunna love having to say no to people to serve cigarettes from a main register... apparently from only 1 register now. Also, all the smokes have to be completely covered.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
So we are now getting these NSW-like tobacco laws in QLD. I'm gunna love having to say no to people to serve cigarettes from a main register... apparently from only 1 register now. Also, all the smokes have to be completely covered.
Victoria have the same laws. The teamtalks say that you can serve them from any register but for some reason, the store prohibits this. It's my suspicion that, this is another pathetic communication issue and the stores think they are always right when infact they should be following instructions from head office about these matters. The same goes for underage persons selling tobacco. The stores think/thought this is highly illegal, yet there is NO law against it (in Vic), nor policy. January 2011, however, the Woolworths Vic tobacco policy was amended to state "It is strongly reccomended that persons under 18 don't serve tobacco", again, this doesn't say they can't.

If they try and stop you from serving smokes, contact your health department (government) and check to see if the new law prohibits <18's from serving. If no, contact Woolworths head office and ask for a copy of the official word/policy of the internal policy. I went through this because ALL stores were under the impression that it was against the law AND policy (again, fucking awful communication and managers who assume things and are incorrect).
That'll be the only way back in.

Remember, just because the law still allows you to serve, doesn't mean Woolworths won't introduce a "no under 18's" policy at the same time. Lucky for me, this wasn't the case, simply "it's strongly recommended".

Jolyon

HSC
Victoria have the same laws. The teamtalks say that you can serve them from any register but for some reason, the store prohibits this. It's my suspicion that, this is another pathetic communication issue and the stores think they are always right when infact they should be following instructions from head office about these matters. The same goes for underage persons selling tobacco. The stores think/thought this is highly illegal, yet there is NO law against it (in Vic), nor policy. January 2011, however, the Woolworths Vic tobacco policy was amended to state "It is strongly reccomended that persons under 18 don't serve tobacco", again, this doesn't say they can't.

If they try and stop you from serving smokes, contact your health department (government) and check to see if the new law prohibits <18's from serving. If no, contact Woolworths head office and ask for a copy of the official word/policy of the internal policy. I went through this because ALL stores were under the impression that it was against the law AND policy (again, fucking awful communication and managers who assume things and are incorrect).
That'll be the only way back in.

Remember, just because the law still allows you to serve, doesn't mean Woolworths won't introduce a "no under 18's" policy at the same time. Lucky for me, this wasn't the case, simply "it's strongly recommended".
Our area group has a "no under 18's" policy but that is just our area group because of our Area Managers belief.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Our area group has a "no under 18's" policy but that is just our area group because of our Area Managers belief.
See, that's the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. Corporate sets these policies for a reason. You should be able to have it overturned by complaining higher up. Afterall, what the official policy states is what goes (or what SHOULD go!)

Jolyon

HSC
See, that's the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. Corporate sets these policies for a reason. You should be able to have it overturned by complaining higher up. Afterall, what the official policy states is what goes (or what SHOULD go!)
But can I be bothered? nope lol

No one cares about it and all but I do see where your coming from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)