The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Black Heart said:
Hello,

After handing in my application form in 2 weeks ago, I got a phone call 2 days ago, seeing if I was still open to work there etc. She went on to say that there will be an induction on Monday, and upon reading your little thread, it looked like the induction comes after the interviews etc, so why do I get the induction first? My friend has gone through this where she went through the Induction and then the interveiws etc.

What should I actually expect from the 1 hour induction? I know it basically says that there are videos etc, but I don't want to mess up (if it's even possible to mess up), so could someone please tell me exactly what the induction is?

(I could ask my friend this stuff, but seeing as we are on school holidays and I don't have her phone number and she is never on MSN.)

And this will be my first possible job, so I don't want to mess up and stuff.

EDIT: It would be great if someone gave me some highly likely interview questions as, knowing me, I will be stumped if I make it to the interview, so a little practice now won't hurt.
You're right, interviews come before inductions. Inductions go for a lot longer than 1 hour, usually 7-9 hours, so I think you'll probably just be going for an interview.

The group interview tests your teamwork skills. They put you in little groups to test communication skills, for example they'll give you a situation and as a group you have to prioritise tasks, then one group member is appointed to address the whole interview with their teams decisions.

They might get you to do a reading test, where you have to match a number (eg 57328) in a multiple choice sequence. Its timed though, so the idea is to get as many correct answers as possible.

I didn't have a one on one interview, but from what I know they just ask you simple questions like "Why do you want the job?", "what is your availability?", "why did you apply for woolworths?". This stage is pretty hard to stuff up, but I know people who have. If you look presentable, and speak well, you'll be fine.

If you're successful here THEN you'll be invited to induction. As you mentioned, heaps of videos, manuals to read, etc. Once you get to an induction you have the job - its a paid training session.

I hope everything works out

Good Luck!

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
KaaN10 said:
I just got called for an extra shift(I have my 2nd shift tmorrow) I said I cant work because it's Ramadan and I wont be home. Did that make me look bad?

Yes and No. You gave a reason which they can't dispute. However isn't Ramadan fasting? If so, I don't see how that stops you from working (considering you've wanted shifts before/your working tomorrow etc).

It doesn't exactly show you are keen, but they will get over it. You can't be at their beck and call 24/7. Just try and accept as many extra shifts as you can though.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
KaaN10 said:
I just got called for an extra shift(I have my 2nd shift tmorrow) I said I cant work because it's Ramadan and I wont be home. Did that make me look bad?
i don't see how Ramadan affects your ability to work....?

we've got a few staff members who are observing it as well, we just have to make sure we give them their breaks after sunset so they can eat!

Numbers

Banned
HSC
I think he's talking about Eid, the celebration which marks the end of Ramadan, which is tomorrow.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Numbers said:
I think he's talking about Eid, the celebration which marks the end of Ramadan, which is tomorrow.
ahhh, okay, that makes more sense then

jirwin

HSC
But didn't he knock back a shift for today because he stated that his second shift was tomorrow so i assumed he meant an extra shift for today.

HSC
Hey, did my first shift today, got a KRONOS number to sign in and out, I wanna order a shirt online, is this number my employee number too?

Roga

HSC
What does KRONOS stand for? Yes, whatever you sign in with is your employee number.

HSC
Roga said:
What does KRONOS stand for? Yes, whatever you sign in with is your employee number.
Not actually sure, the induction book says-

At the beginning and end of each shift you will be required to pin in and out of the KRONOS system. This system tracks your attendance and is linked to the accurate payment of your wages. The Business Manager Administraion will issue you with a PIN number.

jas62

HSC
Pilotman said:
Haven't posted in here for ages!!!

So glad to be out of woolies!

In response to the guy/girl loosing the RF gun, they wont do anything and prob wont even say anything about it!

Lol i was driving the forklift around one afternoon on the back dock, we had these boxes on the ground, ran clean over the top of them as i was reversing trying to split a couple milk pallets.

Once i'd run over them twice, i stopped to get out and check what they were thinking it was just rubbish...............well it wasn't rubbish it was 10 brand new RF guns in several thousand pieces.

God i'd been fired after the years i was there breaking stuff!, the old keyboards were good as well! used to change all the buttons around on people hahaha, put cauliflower where cabbage was etc and just completely change them, so people looked like fucking idiots

Dropped a touch screen once when we were replacing the bracket, that wasn't a good look either.

Smashed a freezer door, ran into it with the pallet jacked up with potting mix.

So what's everyone else broken???

HAHAHAHA you should of seen the look on the SM's face! taken them months to get some more RF guns and i just go and run over them. Whoops! didnt do anything bout it either just told me if i run something over the first time i should check what it is before running over them again lol.

There was actually going to be a policy (in WA anyway) to ensure that no one was to be working in cash office who was under 18 though dont think it ever happened.

Also, the store i worked at has now become so top heavy it's not funny, there millions of managers and no staff at all.

Heres a list of what they have........

Liquor Manager
Liquor 2IC
Liquor 3IC (though liquor kind of warrants these guys, busiest liquor in the country)
Meat Unit Manager
Meat unit 2IC
Bakery Manager
2x produce managers
Produce 2IC
2x Deli Managers
Deli 2IC
Deli 3IC
Grocery Manager
Grocery 2IC
Grocery 3IC
Nightfill Captain
Nightfill 2IC
Perishable Manager
Perishable 2IC
Freezers Manager (someone decided they would create a new job lol)
S.R.O
2x STM's
2x SSM's (2 of the biggest fucking whores out there)
Store Manager
2x Serivce Managers
Service 2IC
2x Cash office
Systems Operator
5x Duty Managers
1x Fresh Food duty Manager
1x Department Duty manager (fuck knows who made these titles up???? as far as i knew STM was meant do be doing this shit, not sitting in their office)
Back dock person

Think theres more managers and "non operational" staff than staff it's fucked and you seem to wait FOREVER to get served in there now........Although the store makes 1.5million a week, doesnt mean you need managers the staff make the store functional not managers.

Fuck heaps of managers!! we have like one of each except a produce 2ic. Why dont the managers there help on checkouts when it gets busy thats what they have to do in my store.

ytrbut

HSC
693 said:
Not actually sure, the induction book says-

At the beginning and end of each shift you will be required to pin in and out of the KRONOS system. This system tracks your attendance and is linked to the accurate payment of your wages. The Business Manager Administraion will issue you with a PIN number.
It's not an acronym; rather, Kronos is the company who created the time management system we use. I have no idea why they capitalise it.

http://www.kronos.com/products/time_and_attendance.htm

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
our store uses People Key.

Regardless, all it does is measusure sign on and off times, all the actual stuff is done through a really really really old program called People Planner (it's from the 80's, you cant use a mouse, it's all keyboard stuff)

HSC
townie said:
our store uses People Key.

Regardless, all it does is measusure sign on and off times, all the actual stuff is done through a really really really old program called People Planner (it's from the 80's, you cant use a mouse, it's all keyboard stuff)
Yeh, my store uses People Planner as well.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Roga said:
Do managers have to use the Kronos system?
yes....though they tend to be a bit more lax about using it, because they get paid the same regardless of what hours they do. it's lol though if they dont sign off/on as we just put down in that case that they worked 1 minute.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
townie said:
yes....though they tend to be a bit more lax about using it, because they get paid the same regardless of what hours they do. it's lol though if they dont sign off/on as we just put down in that case that they worked 1 minute.
but then wouldn't you have to correct it in the exceptions? lol

mitch179

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Where do I order Woolies shirts?
You can order them online on a certain website.
You'd have to ask a manager at your store for the website url and the username and password you need to gain access.

Or maybe someone on BOS can provide you with those details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)