townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it's floating around in this thread somewhere, umm, let me check BRB

clientspot.spotless.com.au
username: woolworths
password: fresh

oh, and shinji nah, managers dont need to show up on the exceptions if they are salaried

nicollette

HSC
Alright, so I've got my TFN in the mail today. I also got paid today being Wednesday and all and in the past few weeks I've been paid, I've been taxed 45.5% owing to to the fact I didn't have a TFN. So now that I do, who do I give my TFN to, do I need to write up another tax declaration form, and once they've re-entered me into the system, TFN and all will I start getting paid the full wages?

nicollette

HSC
What do you do in produce? I think us cashiers get the bad end of the deal, I always see those nightfill/longlife guys who restack the shelves (well they're mostly guys) either bumming around pretending to do work, chatting away to their co-workers or going outside every 10 minutes and doing shit all. How I envy them.

mitch179

HSC
nicollette said:
Alright, so I've got my TFN in the mail today. I also got paid today being Wednesday and all and in the past few weeks I've been paid, I've been taxed 45.5% owing to to the fact I didn't have a TFN. So now that I do, who do I give my TFN to, do I need to write up another tax declaration form, and once they've re-entered me into the system, TFN and all will I start getting paid the full wages?
Just call the cash office and give them your name and TFN and they'll be able to fix you up in the system. That's what I did.

nicollette

HSC
Sweet. I have work tommorow so I'll just talk to them then, besides I don't know their number..thanks anywho.

mitch179

HSC
nicollette said:
Sweet. I have work tommorow so I'll just talk to them then, besides I don't know their number..thanks anywho.
I don't know about your store but with the store I worked at, whenever you called the store, it rang to the cash office and then you would be transferred from there.

HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
Someone told me at work today that they sometimes pluck checkout people off the registers and put them to work in other departments. I was taken off checkouts and put into deli for around 20minutes to serve customers today. My supervisor called me off my register and my store manager told me to go see one of the supervisors in the deli. So I went and she just basically got me a hat and taught me how to use the weighing machine and then I was wondering why I was working in the deli! There weren't that many customers and I'm pretty sure there were enough people in the deli. Why do they do that? It's not part of my job and it's not what I applied for working in Woolies for. Does this mean that they'll ask me to work in the deli if there's too many customers in the future? I don't want to. And to top it off, the customers speak so softly and assume that we can hear it over the freezer counter. My god, speak up man! BAH. =p
Could someone help me here please? Thanks heaps!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
AndromedaAiken said:
Could someone help me here please? Thanks heaps!
a lot of people work more than 1 department (i work 4 myself). you'll just have to deal with it, unfourtunately, unless you feel you've got enough respect there to demand not to be put into deli

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
gah apparently from now on woolies only going to give me 4 hours shifts. LAME i want my god damn breaks but no since i turned 18 i am to expensive to put on for 5 hour shifts:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Harry778

HSC
I finally found out the name of that song!!
It's called It's Not Over by Boy Meets girl.

The only trouble is, I dont know where to get it. I've searched everywhere and cannot find it!

Anyone know where I can get it?

Black Heart

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

babikakez said:
You're right, interviews come before inductions. Inductions go for a lot longer than 1 hour, usually 7-9 hours, so I think you'll probably just be going for an interview.

The group interview tests your teamwork skills. They out you in little groups to test communication skills, for example they'll give you a situation and as a group you have to prioritise tasks, then one group member is appointed to address the whole interview with their teams decisions.

They might get you to do a reading test, where you have to match a number (eg 57328) in a multiple choice sequence. Its timed though, so the idea is to get as many correct answers as possible.

I didn't have a one on one interview, but from what I know they just ask you simple questions like "Why do you want the job?", "what is your availability?", "why did you apply for woolworths?". This stage is pretty hard to stuff up, but I know people who have. If you look presentable, and speak well, you'll be fine.

If you're successful here THEN you'll be invited to induction. As you mentioned, heaps of videos, manuals to read, etc. Once you get to an induction you have the job - its a paid training session.

I hope everything works out

Good Luck!
Well the lady on the phone said it was an induction and then when I went to this 'induction' I ended up figuring out that it was just a group assessment when she said if you get through your interview you'll need to go to an induction on a Saturday from 8am-4pm, so that started to make more sense.

And what we did was a 'introduce the person next to you' thing, and we just looked as some overheads and a little 5 minute test (which was the match the number thing you said and matching the correct orders etc), which was really easy and I think I got up to the 42nd question.

And thanks for the interview questions, seeing as I got a phone call about 30 minutes ago asking me to come in for an interview tomorrow at 10am. I'm so nervous. Should I take a résumé too?

And thanks for clearing things up for me, It makes a lot more sense :) .

nicollette

HSC
mitch179 said:
I don't know about your store but with the store I worked at, whenever you called the store, it rang to the cash office and then you would be transferred from there.
Oh right, what a dope I am, ta.

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Yeah definately take a resume.
Don't be nervous. Your one on one interview is likely to be with the manager that you'll be working with. They just want to know your situation, (eg. school/tafe/uni whatever), availability, and basically are just making sure that HR haven't put a real deadhead into their store.
Just look presentable, speak with sincerity, etc.
And don't be afraid to say that the only reason you want the job is for money! My old service manager said he loved it when people said that, he thought it reflected honesty, hard work, and dedication.

yobob

HSC
Is there anyway to check the roster online?

Or is the only way inside the store?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)