The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

nzhomie

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

FOB all the way said:
hello this has probly been asked some place in this thred but i dont have the time to read throught it (HSC in 4 days). After the HSC i am looking for a job, does anyone known if woolworths hire extra people around christmas time to work those extra opening hours and busy shifts. they are not advertising any jobs in my local are on the internet so should i just approach the store with a resume?
At my store they are always hiring. People quit all the time. Drop into your local store and talk to the store manager about a job. But then also search on the net for one as well. It just depends on which postition you think your suited to as to whether they have openings for the particular postion.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lordtopcat said:
@ ytrbut - I've only been working at Woolies for 3 months and I was promoted to Produce 2IC. (I'm only 16). I'm in sole charge for three days of the week and when the manager goes off on her honeymoon at the end of november, I'll be department manager for 2 weeks :)

Also thank you for the advice. I spoke with the C/O manager today, expressed my concerns and she is totally on my side. She will be speaking with the supervisor about it. Apparently this isn't the first complaint regarding that supervisor, so I think she is on her last legs.

@ ciel - Before I got offered produce 2IC I was offered three contracted supervisor opening shifts. If I suck so bad, I don't think I would have been offered those :) I was also told that once I reached 18, if I was still there they would train me up as a duty manager. I also have an average scanning rate of 96 (Most people are on 91-93) I'm telling you, that bitch has it in for me.
96 scanning rate? thats like.....impossible, the registers arent that fast.

also, Ciel never implied that you sucked, just that you not being a regular checkout operator may have been why you were asked to do other things apart from serve

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Service Manager is sposed to print of a report weekly that lists it

HSC
I ordered a shirt online for Big W, it goes to the store, where do you pick it up from?, I'm assuming the manager ain't gonna hunt me down and give it to me? lol

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
they might? i dunno, mebbe ask whoever handles administration in your store

to KaaN10, i recommend going to visit your office cashier who will be able to help you with the first 3, and possibly last point on your list as well. seriously, if you make friends with the office cashier its good

also, on a personal note, did training today to BE the office cashier, which i will possibly be doing for 8 weeks later on this year, woo!

HSC
townie said:
they might? i dunno, mebbe ask whoever handles administration in your store
haha ok, haven't been called in for a while, i'll just the manager next time I am I guess :p

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
96 scanning rate? thats like.....impossible, the registers arent that fast.
The target average is 16, I believe.

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Maybe the systems in New Zealand are different ? The scanning rate is out of 100, and most people are above 90. If you are below 83, you are re trained. We are on WowPOS.

ytrbut

HSC
lordtopcat said:
Maybe the systems in New Zealand are different ? The scanning rate is out of 100, and most people are above 90. If you are below 83, you are re trained. We are on WowPOS.
OIC. That's truly odd :) Australia, it's items per minute, but yours, it's some sort of strange % efficiency thing...

Hrm.

jas62

HSC
ytrbut said:
The target average is 16, I believe. The highest I've ever seen someone is 44, and they only scanned two items for the whole week, serving two different people (ON -> SCAN -> OFF in a hurry, so it seems).

The good operators average 20-23 or so, and the shoddy ones average 10-12. Anyone in single digits gets told off at my store :)
One of my friends got 540items per minute By using QTY a few times on smokeshop the stores Was 44.5 because of hers hehe. But yeah our store was the worst in the area for a while dont know how we are going at the moment. We always have people in single digit our liquor managers is always 7-9 and most of our operators are between 8-13 and a few are over 15 but yeah i'm always the highest hehe!!

CieL

HSC
ytrbut said:
The target average is 16, I believe. The highest I've ever seen someone is 44, and they only scanned two items for the whole week, serving two different people (ON -> SCAN -> OFF in a hurry, so it seems).

The good operators average 20-23 or so, and the shoddy ones average 10-12. Anyone in single digits gets told off at my store :)
Coles branches and Woolies branches have different type of records.. plus the different systems allowes Woolsworth employees to jack up their rate by pressing ENTER all the time..

Harry778

HSC
I dont freakin get it!

How is each smokeshop operator ment to sign the keys IN and OUT when there is only 1 space on the sheet on the office for 'Issued' and 1 space for 'Returned'?

Unless we're ment to cram 2-3 signatures in 1 box?

Apparently we can get in lots of truoble for not doing it....
not sure what i'm ment to do anyway?

sendreplyfwd

HSC
N/A
Harry778 said:
I dont freakin get it!

How is each smokeshop operator ment to sign the keys IN and OUT when there is only 1 space on the sheet on the office for 'Issued' and 1 space for 'Returned'?

Unless we're ment to cram 2-3 signatures in 1 box?

Apparently we can get in lots of truoble for not doing it....
not sure what i'm ment to do anyway?
The sheet is really only mean for initials, definitely no room for signatures. Just go over the lines when you sign, or sign below it. That makes it the next persons problem on where to put their signature.

mlee72

HSC
OMG!

3 of our (service) supervisors are leaving! and an office cashier and CSM-21C AND Manger are on holidays soon!!!! Right when i go on school holidays!!

OPPORTUNITIES MUCH!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)