The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

vg_woz_here

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

omg i have a group interview thingo this sat..and im freakin out...

its my 1 way ticket to leave coles.. RoFL

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I like Seven Hills it has touchscreens (I think?)
Didn't even know there was a woolies in Glenwood and I'm doing my teaching prac there hehehehe
The others I dont really know.. moreso a Winsto, Baulko and Towers woolies person..
I'm a service supervisor and occasional checkout operator though I tend to give up those shifts when I get them (particularly Sundays)
Soha has recently started getting supervision shifts and has taken my Tuesday nights.. bitch =P

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i thought it was a decision of the higher up managers when they need more people

obviously they look for someone who is experienced, trust worthy and can deal with the crap of virtually everyone

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
natstar said:
How do you get to be a supervisor? Do they just pick you, or do you apply? Ive been a check out chick for 3 years now...or do you have to be there longer?
all our supervisors have been chosen, but in the past 6 months or so there's been 3 new people, it's based (from what i can tell) on length of service, and shifts u tend to do

pete_mate

HSC
ive only worked here like a month but from what i can see retail is one of the shittest jobs/careers around.

promotions look as slow as anything, a year or so. and you're working wiht a bunch of people that barely speak english.

Particularly from a career perspective, being a head manager or whatever is shithouse compared to any other industry. retail is very bad.

turtleface

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

lol seems so much harder these days, a few years back it was still the old fill-in-a-sheet, and they call u up like 1 year later system.

woolies is ok to work at, they sort of pressure u to do heaps of shifts come exam time, but you learn to tell them to piss off lol.

Shadow Warrior

HSC
N/A
Hey Hey

Woolworths employee here...Almost 9 years...

Read some good & bad stuff on the site...

Im in a support role for Woolworths Limited...

Any 1 got n e goss?..

mr_vocab

HSC
yeah i work at dse its great fun... i do it for the staff discount

pete_mate

HSC
mr_vocab said:
yeah i work at dse its great fun... i do it for the staff discount
5% isnt a whole lot, you could probably pretend to be a real customer and negotiate less than that

Last edited:

Adrian.

HSC
townie said:
i thought that was only if u used GE financing
I was told at my recent group assessment that it was 10% off at all Woolworths stores except Dan Murphy's. I'm soon to be a Woolworths employee, I've got my induction this Saturday. I'm going to be doing nightfill at Tuggerah (Central Coast).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Adrian. said:
I was told at my recent group assessment that it was 10% off at all Woolworths stores except Dan Murphy's. I'm soon to be a Woolworths employee, I've got my induction this Saturday. I'm going to be doing nightfill at Tuggerah (Central Coast).
if it's 10% they've upped it overnight, 'cause it was still 5% yesterday *hopes*

Adrian.

HSC
townie said:
if it's 10% they've upped it overnight, 'cause it was still 5% yesterday *hopes*
I've been wrong before, many times. So I'd say you're right. I wasn't paying that much attention when they were talking about it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
10% geez i wish

thats better than the rumour they were going to make gordon liquor a larger store, but i also doubt that :p

Shadow Warrior

HSC
N/A
Wow, I cant believe @ Jb hifi you get stock at cost price. The good thing about that is you can tell your mates what the cost price is of lets say a plasma screen and if they go and try and buy it, they know what they can bargin upto.. Now theirs a thought!!!

Shadow Warrior

HSC
N/A
I have recently heard that Woolies may be bringing out a new uniform for staff to wear? apparently to be launched at this years Woolies conference @ Sydney? Anyone else heard about it?

Shadow Warrior

HSC
N/A
The Woolies conferece will be held at the new Norwest building in Bellavista, that place is huge...

the conference is basically run by our suppliers who set up and display current and new products coming into the market. Its quite breath taking. The displays are huge. In the fresh food displays, like the meat unit, they actually set up a meat unit and fill it up with stock. If WW has a new launch for example, like how they want the stock to be displayed, they will set it up to show everyone.

Everything inside is free and plenty of taste testing.

They have celebraties and models to show off aswell.

Its for all managers for all divisions under the Woolworths Limited logo.

It used to be in Canberra, which was good cause I managed to go, but then they moved it to the convention centre in Syd, and this year it will be at the new Norwest WW building.

I wish I was invited, but in my role, we dont get invites.. :(

xoxo

HSC
ok well i tried asking in another thread but no one realli answered
so....
after ur 3 month prob. period how much does ur wage go up?
im 16 and currently get $7.6330/h
anyone know?

iv only been on for a month approx but i like it so far.
my store is small and all the ppl r realli nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)