The Woolworths Thread (19 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Project Phoenix

-Roll out for region 8 starts monday, national roll-out due for completion on 8 November
-Roles of office cashier, systems operator, payroll clerk and invoice clerk will dissapear to be replaced by the Store Services Officer and Store Services Assistan
-There will be ONE SSO per store, @ either grade 3 or salaried (depending on whether the store is graded for a salaried staff member in office), SSA's will be grade 2, current rates for current employees will be saved, but will not get pay increases untill the pay-rates equal.
-SSO will count as managing a department for Store Management Training (so you only need to manage 1 other dept.).
-Only 1 member of staff to be there before start of trade (except for Monday), usually an SSA, then SSO to start at 8
-pre-launch, charge off's will be provided for stores to give training to their staff.
-after the training period, the HRS and SSS will decide who the SSO will be
-SMS hours for SSO/SSA are going to be seperated out from Non-Trade SMS hours
-The training will be basic (e.g. it doesnt cover Paymas/payroll)
-Rosters will be reviewed, and there should be a strong emphasis on rostering to task, ROSTERS WILL CHANGE and it was strongly implied that if your availibilities didnt match what was required, you will not loose any hours, but they will likely be put into another department
-Current systems operators will HAVE to do some cash office stuff, and cash office staff will HAVE to do some systems.
-Each staff member will get an individual training plan

HSC
-Rosters will be reviewed, and there should be a strong emphasis on rostering to task, ROSTERS WILL CHANGE and it was strongly implied that if your availibilities didnt match what was required, you will not loose any hours, but they will likely be put into another department

-Each staff member will get an individual training plan
Elaborate???

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
basically, because your main staff will be cross trained in everything, there should only be the need for one person to be on during certain parts of the day e.g. before trade and after peak trading periods. so say if it's decided the office cashier doesnt want to start later and finish later than they already, thats fine, but the earlier part of their shift will likely be in another department, say groceries or something.

for the training plan, your HRS and SSS are supposed to come in, talk to all the staff, work out who is trained in what, and then working out what more they should be trained in, based on their availability and experience.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Re night supervisors:

Pretty sure they must have some thing where they recommend that they get a supervisor who does nights only. ours does 18:30 to 24:15 except on fridays and saturdays when just randoms do it.

the nights are the only shifts she ever does

CieL

HSC
On the topic of expensive things, I've seen Paprika things where they sell in the herbs section selling for about $13 for a small bunch. Had a look at the unit pricing and it says $13,000 per 100g.
You must be talking about Saffron.

It should be general knowledge that it is the most expensive spice. Ever.

Roga

HSC
You must be talking about Saffron.

It should be general knowledge that it is the most expensive spice. Ever.
Yeah that's what it was. I was trying to think of the name of it so I wrote up the first thing that came to my head.

HSC
Quick Q: In WA, What is the legal age that we can work Smoke Shop?
Apparently, new legislation came in a few months back saying that you have to be 18 to work in s/s, which i think is fair. But my store can't really do it as we dont have that many over 18s that work nights/weekends.
^^According to my SSM.

Some CSM's are, however, under the impression that its 16, but this is an old company policy.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Apparently, new legislation came in a few months back saying that you have to be 18 to work in s/s, which i think is fair. But my store can't really do it as we dont have that many over 18s that work nights/weekends.
^^According to my SSM.

Some CSM's are, however, under the impression that its 16, but this is an old company policy.
Ok. Our Thurs Nigh S/S Operator is 16. I was just asking, as i`m 15 going on 16 (Dec) and One of the supervisors was talking last night about training me up for S/S

isabella77

HSC
Hi guys,

I have applied at Safeway's advertised job position for Customer service, but its been more than a week I am not been contacted neither I have received any refusal email. Would any one help how long their selection process take? I have 2.5 years experience in customer service and currently working at IGA.

Thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Anyone watched the "BEtween the flags"video?

That shit is seriously hilarious. Whoever wrote that was on serious crack.

HSC
Ok. Our Thurs Nigh S/S Operator is 16. I was just asking, as i`m 15 going on 16 (Dec) and One of the supervisors was talking last night about training me up for S/S
Yeah that should be fine. One of our weekend backups is 15 as well (but we only use her if we can't spare a supervisor).

What store are you at?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
mmm we had a tiny vial of saffron in our damaged stock basket the other night. It had only come off its little cardboard backing and the supervisor still insisted on throwing it out. I know its against policy to keep "damaged" stock, but sometimes policy is ridiculous and wasteful.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone watched the "BEtween the flags"video?

That shit is seriously hilarious. Whoever wrote that was on serious crack.
LOL, yes, fucking hilarious.

Also, Project Mango starts soon. Staff can start earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points from 1st June, and customers form 22nd of June. 1 pt for every dollar over $30, points dont ever expire. 5000 bonus points for any CSM who gets all their TCR's signed off by 22nd June

mitch179

HSC
LOL, yes, fucking hilarious.

Also, Project Mango starts soon. Staff can start earning Qantas Frequent Flyer points from 1st June, and customers form 22nd of June. 1 pt for every dollar over $30, points dont ever expire. 5000 bonus points for any CSM who gets all their TCR's signed off by 22nd June
Lol, love the name. But any idea why it's going to be called Project Mango?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, love the name. But any idea why it's going to be called Project Mango?
meh, think that was just their codename before they could release to the public about the Qantas Alliance, to avoid insider trading and such.

also for Project Mango, all bugets will be increased by 1.41%, but there's an expected gain of 3-4% in sales. Also, head office is shitty with our progress on the EDR program

langlece

HSC
Jesus between the flags is driving me insane! Myself, the 2ic and CSM have to train the entire staff, so I had to watch it 5 times just today!!
It's pretty gold though, everytime I do it, I tell the people you have to do an interprative dance before you go, then let it sit for five seconds. The look on peoples faces is gold!!!

langlece

HSC
Oh btw does anyone understand what it's actually supposed to be teaching? LOL!!

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Yeah that should be fine. One of our weekend backups is 15 as well (but we only use her if we can't spare a supervisor).

What store are you at?
Riverton WA. it is seriously shite ATM as half of the Shopping Centre Car Park ( Woolworths end) is closed off as they are extending the Centre)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)