• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
Well, I remember they said that the new release wasn't going to have the chip card functunality because they were having problems but then they send out another comm saying it was back on, lol. I'm in region 10 so we get all that stuff a bit later than everyone else.

Gee, sound like the refurbishment people have neglected you for a while. I know sometimes stores dont get FULLY done they just get new bake house and produce stuff, but yours sounds really bad. Mine will probably be like that soon, hopefully I will get this transfer back to my old store! It's a nice big new (refurbed) one.

Hope you get all the new stuff soon =D
Well we are spewing because we were supposed to get a completely new store! But they changed their minds at the last second ( as they do) and said they'd only refurb the current one... budget was 2 million but it's blown out to 4 milion but they are cutting corners... on the plan they aren't even refurbing the staff toilets which are.. yeah let's not go there.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Is the aim for all stores to have the 2010 Layout by the end of 2010? I hope my store gets it soon. We have a half-new store. That means that we have:

New:Self Serve,Smokeshop & Service desk, Checkouts(sorta. They have attached the black & silver bits to the old checkouts, Plus put up the new lights. Not these fancy stainless steel checkouts & Rounded checkouts)

OLD: Shelves(They look very Tired) and layout (none of the juices & chilled stuff in Aisle One, they are on the back wall)

It looks VERY tired & dated! Hurry up with a Refurbishment! Is there anywhere that has a List of when stores are getting upgraded?

HSC
Is the aim for all stores to have the 2010 Layout by the end of 2010? I hope my store gets it soon. We have a half-new store. That means that we have:

New:Self Serve,Smokeshop & Service desk, Checkouts(sorta. They have attached the black & silver bits to the old checkouts, Plus put up the new lights. Not these fancy stainless steel checkouts & Rounded checkouts)

OLD: Shelves(They look very Tired) and layout (none of the juices & chilled stuff in Aisle One, they are on the back wall)

It looks VERY tired & dated! Hurry up with a Refurbishment! Is there anywhere that has a List of when stores are getting upgraded?
Lol, our Aisle One is actually called Aisle 13, and has been since it was converted from an IGA/Advantage store in 1996. When we have our refurb, its going to become Aisle One, so everything will be 'backwards' as such.

Will be mega annoying.

But we need new toilets badly.

Craven

HSC
Out of all the stores I've been to I don't think any have a similar layout... we have 17 aisles... our aisle 1 is comestics, tissues, health food ??? and you could say aisle 0 is freezers, lol. back wall is dairy.

HSC
Out of all the stores I've been to I don't think any have a similar layout... we have 17 aisles... our aisle 1 is comestics, tissues, health food ??? and you could say aisle 0 is freezers, lol. back wall is dairy.
ours is similar:

1 - Cosmetics, Underwear, Feminine Hygiene
2 - Toys, Hair products, medications, Dental Hygiene
3 - Batteries, Lightglobes, Sewing Needs, Towels
4 - Cleaning Products
5 - Hardware and Pet needs
6 - Baby Needs, Sauces
7 - Tinned food, pasta
8 - Kitchenware, cooking needs
9 - Chips, DVD's
10 - drinks
11 - biscuits, coffee/tea, longlife milk
12 - confec, plasticware, juices
13 - cereal, spreads

But as you walk in the store, you will hit aisle 13 first. This will change with our refurb.

HSC
2010 - I believe that was the idea, but I highly doubt this will happen. (their year results presentation says that only 40% of supermarkets are in the new format)

Well my store got the 'refurb' and it was pretty much exactly what you got: new floor (the grey one), self-serve, smokeshop, the patched up checkouts as you described (so dodgy! why not entirely new ones!), new express checkouts, new produce stuff, deli express (but not seafood express!?!), and our shelves were kind of retro fitted (the LED thingos on the end added, but they dont line up properly with the old shelves!.) plus the other things like new aisle guides and a paint job. nothing was changed back of house, still very old.
from pictures ive seen and other stores ive been in it seems that we are also missing the stainless steel signs inside (Meat, Deli, Fruit & Veg etc.) we also didn't get the new external signage because our refurb happened before the new logo was announced (October 08) - still waiting for that to happen!

you mentioned these 'fancy stainless steel checkouts & Rounded checkouts'. is there a new style of checkouts?
What's Deli Express?

danberg

HSC
Lol, our Aisle One is actually called Aisle 13, and has been since it was converted from an IGA/Advantage store in 1996. When we have our refurb, its going to become Aisle One, so everything will be 'backwards' as such.

Will be mega annoying.

But we need new toilets badly.
We don't have an aisle 13, it goes straight from aisle 12 to aisle 14....guess the refurb ppl at the time were a bit superstitious.

HSC
We don't have an aisle 13, it goes straight from aisle 12 to aisle 14....guess the refurb ppl at the time were a bit superstitious.
lol true.
a girl i work with is constantly telling people that whatever obscure product that they're looking for is in aisle 14.
she's yet to be told by a customer that it doesn't exist.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh God, self serve checkouts at my local Woolies were crashed today...
Also, someone went through one yesterday and requested more cash out than the machine contained, and it mass short-changed her.
I don't like the new program on them.

Craven

HSC
ours is similar:

1 - Cosmetics, Underwear, Feminine Hygiene
2 - Toys, Hair products, medications, Dental Hygiene
3 - Batteries, Lightglobes, Sewing Needs, Towels
4 - Cleaning Products
5 - Hardware and Pet needs
6 - Baby Needs, Sauces
7 - Tinned food, pasta
8 - Kitchenware, cooking needs
9 - Chips, DVD's
10 - drinks
11 - biscuits, coffee/tea, longlife milk
12 - confec, plasticware, juices
13 - cereal, spreads

But as you walk in the store, you will hit aisle 13 first. This will change with our refurb.
haha ok... ours is:
1 - meds health food tissues cosmetics
2 - baby needs, fem hygiene, soap
3 - deod, haircare, dental, toilet paper
4 - underwear hosiery, laundry powders, fly spray
5 - cleaning needs hardware
6 - pet food pool salt
7 - baking, dried fruit, kitchenware, pasta sauce
8 - sauce antipasto cooking needs soup
9 - canned veg, fish, batteries, lightbulbs, electrical, bbq needs, mwave food
10 - chips party needs
11 - softdrink
12 - juice water linen
13 - toys biscuits haberdashery
14 - confec tea coffee
15 - spreads l/life milk dvds
16 - magazines eggs prop bread
17 - cereal muesli bars tinned fruit
produce & deli & instore bakery at the entrance... woot I have no life :p

T 360

HSC
Wow... Ours is quite a bit different

1 - Cereal Confectionary
2- Long Life Juice Magazines & DVD`s
3- Stationery Eggs Tinned Fruit Computer Needs Spreads
4- Biscuits Mugs, tea,coffee
5- Longlife Milk Water Energy Drinks BBQ Needs Party Needs
6- Soft Drinks, Chips,Snacks
7- Cooking Needs (can`t remember what else!)
8-(can`t remember what else!)
9- Lightbulbs,electrical,batteries, canned vegtables (can`t remember what else!)
10- Pet Stuff
11- can`t remember ????
12 - Can`t Remember
13-???
14- Deodorant,Tissues,cosmetics,hairgoods
15- Medications.

I will update tomorrow night,when I work. I`m too tired!

T 360

HSC
2010 - I believe that was the idea, but I highly doubt this will happen. (their year results presentation says that only 40% of supermarkets are in the new format)

Well my store got the 'refurb' and it was pretty much exactly what you got: new floor (the grey one), self-serve, smokeshop, the patched up checkouts as you described (so dodgy! why not entirely new ones!), new express checkouts, new produce stuff, deli express (but not seafood express!?!), and our shelves were kind of retro fitted (the LED thingos on the end added, but they dont line up properly with the old shelves!.) plus the other things like new aisle guides and a paint job. nothing was changed back of house, still very old.
from pictures ive seen and other stores ive been in it seems that we are also missing the stainless steel signs inside (Meat, Deli, Fruit & Veg etc.) we also didn't get the new external signage because our refurb happened before the new logo was announced (October 08) - still waiting for that to happen!

you mentioned these 'fancy stainless steel checkouts & Rounded checkouts'. is there a new style of checkouts?
What we need:

- New Signs
-New Floor(The Grey One)
- New Express ( The Stainless steel ones I`ve seen. The whole checkout tops were made of stainless steel)
-Deli Express
-Led Thingys on Shelves
-New Aisle Guides
-Paint Job(Desperately!)
-New Stainless steel Signage

The New Checkouts I`ve seen also have sort of corogated-style metal bottoms

Where are there pics of the 2010 Layout? I want to compare more thoroughly!

I thought they might have done our refurb NOW as the WHOLE shopping centre is being refurbed, but nooo, woolies have to be slow!

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Ours goes:

1. Cosmetics, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste etc
2. Nappies, Stationary
3. Confectionary, Bread
4. Tea/Coffee, Milk, Sugar, Biscuits, Magazines
5. Cereal, Naytura, Roll-Ups
6. Juice, Kitchen stuff, more Naytura
7. Chips, Drinks
8. Cooking stuff, Tuna, Containers
9. Pasta, Sauce, Canned soup etc
10. Pet food, Electrical
11. Cleaning
12. Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Habidashery
13. Perishables
14. Perishables

Back of the store is meat and perishables, bakery and produce are right as you enter. Our refurb was one of the first done in Australia so we have no self-serve checkouts, but do have deli and seafood express. And being a training store, you see people you don't know all the time.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ours is

0: Produce
1: Dairy (milk, butter), fresh juice, Confectionary, Prop Bake, Eggs
2: Tea, coffee, condiments, cereals, longlife juice, healthfood, tinned fruit
3: noodles, asian, baking, chips, tinned veg, spices, rice, pasta, baked beans
4: drinks, cleaning, toilet paper, paper towel ,pet food
5: health and beauty,stationary, baby stuff, freezers, yoghurt, cheeses

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Is this normal?
19yr old Manager at my BigW Store got promoted to Assistant Store Manager (65k Salary) at a new Melbourne store.....

Not a bloody bad wage for that age!!!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Layouts will not be done by 2010 as no Tasmanian store is being refurbed until 2011.

Not lol.

Hey, I thought our store was pinner, but we have 16 aisles. Unfortunately however, I have a life, therefore won't be posting what each of them contains.

We badly need new express. We only have three staggered lanes and every single afternoon/busy period the line goes all the way down to the entrance and I have heart palpitations.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I may as well post our layout.

Enter and you hit Produce, Bakery, Deli, Flowers, general merchandise
Aisle 1 - Wine/Other drinks, water, energy drinks etc
Aisle 2 - Confectionary, Chocolate, soft drinks, chips, snack food
Aisle 3 - Biscuits, Spreads, Cereals
Aisle 4 - Cooking sauces, soups, spices, rice etc
Aisle 5 - Beauty/Cosmetics, Toilet paper
Aisle 6 - Cleaning products

Then we have Perishables, eggs & bread. Meat/seafood runs down the side of Aisles 1 - 3, Beer runs down Aisles 4 - 6. Checkouts run down Aisels 1 - 4.

No matter what department you work in I think it is important you know the layout of the store, or maybe that's just my way of thinking lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)