• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
We always have the same issue at my store.. people come in and want to buy for their business.. but we tell them no.. we sell to people, not buisiness.

Ok so the other day i had a guy that wanted to buy 28 crunchies and 10 cadbury bubble (mint) and 12 cadbury bubble (choc) and some more.

So i called my DM.. even tho i already know the rules, but customers dont listen to us.. needs to be someone high up. anyway.. my dm comes over and says i can only allow you to have 5 each.. since they are on special. Then He is like " do you own a business" and the guy says no.

So the guy didnt take any.. lefted in a huff... and my DM tells me, he owns a business in our area that we both live in.
Pffffft

We get this asian lady come through every time there is a special on (or everytime she runs out of something in her milkbar).

She came through with a trolly, had 20 tubs of ice cream which on was on special, and 5 FULL UNOPENED boxes of confectionery.

Supervisor couldn't believe it.

bdude

HSC
It's so we maintain accurate SOH counts. Maybe one of the reasons that our AutoStockR rollout has been so successful, but Coles' wasn't?
That's probably true. Still, I'm glad we can do category entry/manual weight if we need to, some of the supervisors at my store are so slow to get to you when you need help.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You gotta remember though when you do a dissecton dump to TELL US so we can adjust our SoH.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
But I think brookie94 is getting confused, just wanted to clear that up for her. I think she's in NSW, you're in VIC, and Wixxy's in NSW - yet she's taking your rates as hers.
Anything I said was based on my pay slips :)

Can we wear the new Total Image shirts as soon as we get them, or is there a point next year as to when we can start to wear them?
There's about 3 or 4 people at my store wearing them, and they got the spotted varieties. Looks a bit odd, but not bad.

Know that all states have different pay rates inwas just pointing out that finally someone in nsw was putting there's up so yeh
and to the person who said that wa pays mire than nsw and then said that a 15 year old gets $8 you obviously didn't read what I, a 14 year old an getting paid in nsw, $8.12 on probation so nsw pays more than wa
Last I checked, under the Woolworths EBA, 14 year olds and 15 year olds in NSW get paid the same rate ;)

Not tRue I was told by both SM and cash office I would get the bday pay rise this year
They're wrong.

and it really sucks that you can't search for three letter words guys.
imo search in google, 'RSA site:boredofstudies.org' :)

It was released several years ago, it's the legal tender alongside the 'regular' $5 notes. I didn't realise this wasn't common knowledge. :confused:

Speaking of notes I found this $10 note in a drawer a couple of months ago. I had never seen anything like it before and we all decided that it was a fake. But according to wikipedia this was the original $10 note in 1988. Do you think we are still allowed to accept this?
It doesn't have the plastic see-through section so pretty sure it's not acceptable :)

brookie94

HSC
Last I checked, under the Woolworths EBA, 14 year olds and 15 year olds in NSW get paid the same rate ;)

They're wrong.
well my friend who also works there turned 15 last week, got his pay this week and had a pay increase so they werent wrong

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It was released several years ago, it's the legal tender alongside the 'regular' $5 notes. I didn't realise this wasn't common knowledge. :confused:
It obviously is not common knowledge is myself, duty manager, and other staff didn't recognize it?
You've obviously seen different types of money before, doesn't make it common knowledge.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
well my friend who also works there turned 15 last week, got his pay this week and had a pay increase so they werent wrong
Possible he either went up a grade or went off probation?
Coz the last time I read through the EBA those 'under 16' got the one set junior rate of pay...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It obviously is not common knowledge is myself, duty manager, and other staff didn't recognize it?
You've obviously seen different types of money before, doesn't make it common knowledge.
Hmm fair enough. They just seem to be around quite a bit is all, we seem to get them through our registers pretty often.

HSC
Hmm fair enough. They just seem to be around quite a bit is all, we seem to get them through our registers pretty often.
same with mine. but i work in cash office so i notice this kind of thing. Though the first time one came through my register I did ask my supervisor about it.

Speaking of cash office, the office cashier and I managed to get ourselves locked in last night. Everything was taking ages, so 7 oclock rolls along and we start hearing this beeping. Then it got louder, and as we looked up at the clock on the computer screen both of us said at the same time "they left without us".
So yeah, then armaguard rings, and while I can't find a phone number for the produce manager that was supposed to let us out, I rang the store mobile, and unfortunately our SM (who I'd severely pissed off that day by setting off the smoke cage alarms 10 minutes into my shift, and then other crap) answers with the most exasperated "WHAAAATTTTTT". And somehow it was our fault!

Best way to end my 40+ hour week.

bensneddon

HSC
same with mine. but i work in cash office so i notice this kind of thing. Though the first time one came through my register I did ask my supervisor about it.

Speaking of cash office, the office cashier and I managed to get ourselves locked in last night. Everything was taking ages, so 7 oclock rolls along and we start hearing this beeping. Then it got louder, and as we looked up at the clock on the computer screen both of us said at the same time "they left without us".
So yeah, then armaguard rings, and while I can't find a phone number for the produce manager that was supposed to let us out, I rang the store mobile, and unfortunately our SM (who I'd severely pissed off that day by setting off the smoke cage alarms 10 minutes into my shift, and then other crap) answers with the most exasperated "WHAAAATTTTTT". And somehow it was our fault!

Best way to end my 40+ hour week.
I would have told the store manager to suck it up! The reason they get given a car + fuel card + 100k salary + 25% bonus is so that they can come out to the store in a situation like that.

Having said that, if I was the store manager, I would have formally counselled the produce manager for not checking the whole store before he left.

HSC
I would have told the store manager to suck it up! The reason they get given a car + fuel card + 100k salary + 25% bonus is so that they can come out to the store in a situation like that.

Having said that, if I was the store manager, I would have formally counselled the produce manager for not checking the whole store before he left.
In the end the SM didn't have to come out - he rang the produce manager offering some VERY stern words. Didn't take too long though.

But I have NO IDEA how the produce manager and perishables assistant that were there could forget, we generally leave at the same time as them every sunday. They usually ring us and ask how much longer etc.

Like I said, best way to end my crap week.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Argh.
Chucked the shits at my manager/2IC today. Oops.
Thank God I don't have to work with either of them til Saturday.
I did my phase 3 induction for longlife yesterday, and I'm working in groceries tomorrow and Wednesday. Funfunfun :)

ytrbut

HSC
Argh.
Chucked the shits at my manager/2IC today. Oops.
Thank God I don't have to work with either of them til Saturday.
I did my phase 3 induction for longlife yesterday, and I'm working in groceries tomorrow and Wednesday. Funfunfun :)
Chucking the shits at management is a rite of passage for Woolworths employees. It often earns you more respect as well, provided you don't swear at them and/or don't do it in front of customers. Provided it isn't based on selfish motives (ie. your roster/wanting days off) but rather about department improvement, it shows you have passion and care about what goes on in the store.

mak5

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys, Thought I'd mention, finally received new shirts. Ordered 5th November and received 27th November. Order status on website still says warehouse. Please be warned that the new shirts are a lot larger than the old style. Now have to re -order a smaller size. Not too happy.:angry:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey Guys, Thought I'd mention, finally received new shirts. Ordered 5th November and received 27th November. Order status on website still says warehouse. Please be warned that the new shirts are a lot larger than the old style. Now have to re -order a smaller size. Not too happy.:angry:
Ah crap, wish I saw your post before I ordered it! I just called Total Image to see if I could get it changed to a size smaller, but she said "it's already been sent to warehouse".

She told me you can send your shirts back as long as its within the grace period (around mid Janary), so just do that mak5.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I guess it's better to have them a bit too big than a bit too small :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Chucking the shits at management is a rite of passage for Woolworths employees. It often earns you more respect as well, provided you don't swear at them and/or don't do it in front of customers. Provided it isn't based on selfish motives (ie. your roster/wanting days off) but rather about department improvement, it shows you have passion and care about what goes on in the store.
It was more about the fact that there were two shop assistants on today, along with the 2IC and the department manager, that the other shop assistant and myself weren't allowed to take tea/even go for a quick smoke while the 2IC/manager spent 30 minutes+ outside smoking together, that I worked twelve hours yesterday (three hours unpaid) to have the shopfront perfect (and it was still really good when we got to work at 4.30 am) but the two of them spent ALL morning out the front doing shit all while they left the huge bread production to me and the other shop assistant to slice and argh and other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Basically I was mad :)

mak5

HSC
N/A
Ah crap, wish I saw your post before I ordered it! I just called Total Image to see if I could get it changed to a size smaller, but she said "it's already been sent to warehouse".

She told me you can send your shirts back as long as its within the grace period (around mid Janary), so just do that mak5.
Thanx for advice, so far I'm trying to sell the shirts in store, a few of us have had the same problem, only 1 more to off load, if that fails I will send it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)