• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (108 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hi, firstly I am new here and love the detail that this forum gives!

Ok so I am 17 and have been a supervisor for about 6 months and have never had to run the F/E as SUPER-IC but now i have suddenly found out that I have to run an entire saturday 7-6 by myself with no other supervisors... usually on a saturday there is a super-ic and me, but the other supervisor is on leave... *GULP* I have no idea what to do! can someone please give me some tips on running the F/E smoothly
Re: breaks, a good way to keep on top of them as has been correctly advised is to draw up a big long list of all the breaks when you have a chance in the morning and then just tick them off as you go. Or if you have someone starting at 10ish and finishing at 3 or 4ish just make them the breaks person and give them the list, and they can serve on express/get trolleys or whatevs in between them.

Always thank people who come to serve for Service 20s.

Also, don't stress.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Also we only ever have one rostered supervisor on, it was even like that on Xmas eve, i think it's a "dynamic rostering" thing. There's always other supervisors on though. Except on weekends, but this saturday i'm doing 7 - 4 and my plan to give an apparently clever operator supervisor privileges for the duration of my lunch break.

bdude

HSC
Thats to enter the products that are available in your store into the homeshop system, so that customers aren't ordering stock that you don't sell.
You'd think there would be some sort of database that has that information.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You'd think there would be some sort of database that has that information.
there is, that info is accessible through CASS, but just because an item is ranged doesnt always been it's on the shelves (i suppose there are PI counts that could be extracted to check, but even so, better safe than sorry)

i'd take a bet they're doing it systematically as well, so that they can track the exact location of the product, but yay for when it gets screwed up because of a new planogram.

Craven

HSC
speaking of all this homeshop business... today I got offered 2IC of homeshop (starting in 3 weeks at our store). too bad I am going overseas for 3 months soon.... can't really take on that and then leave a month after we start :S

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Fuck off you psycho stalker.
Likewise. Aus-UK-San Francisco-Aus, but for six months. I leave in May.

How exciting for us.

Craven

HSC
lol, hong kong -> london (and europe) -> los angeles (and sanfran new york vegas etc) -> NZ but only 3 months.. leaving march :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ah super cool! We prolly won't run into each other in a Spanish tapas bar then.
Um how much did yours cost? I bet i won. Mine was $2500 with 5 stops (two of those in Germany, cos it was a Lufthansa fare).

Craven

HSC
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, i won the flights :D

but yeah, can't really accept 2IC for only a month lol, but they KNOW I am going away pfft... the hours would suck though!

wasn't really planning on staying with the company when I get back from travelling anyway.

jrgrs2010

HSC
Re: breaks, a good way to keep on top of them as has been correctly advised is to draw up a big long list of all the breaks when you have a chance in the morning and then just tick them off as you go. Or if you have someone starting at 10ish and finishing at 3 or 4ish just make them the breaks person and give them the list, and they can serve on express/get trolleys or whatevs in between them.

Always thank people who come to serve for Service 20s.

Also, don't stress.
Thanks, I think that stress is the biggest problem for me... even when im just covering the supervisors breaks

NC8000

HSC
N/A
there is, that info is accessible through CASS, but just because an item is ranged doesnt always been it's on the shelves (i suppose there are PI counts that could be extracted to check, but even so, better safe than sorry)

i'd take a bet they're doing it systematically as well, so that they can track the exact location of the product, but yay for when it gets screwed up because of a new planogram.
Garbage, Supermarkets are range from POG so if you are ranged for a product you should have it. If you don't, its a stuff up somewhere along the line

Forget CASS, yes it tells us that its ranged to who but thats the extent of 'reporting' it does. We use a tool called discoverer that is a data program that can just pull about any report that you could want(if you know how to build the report). Second the Business Intelligence software can be used or aztec which tells us all the sales data etc

PI report takes a whole 15seconds to pull every store SOH for a SKU around australia

HSC
Best close ever tonight! All four closing staff were supervisors, and we even managed to get out early.

To those who were wondering earlier, WA payrises did go through this week. Woo to an extra 30c per hour.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I can't believe the payrise is 31 cents this time! I swear it was only 8-9c last time. Let's not spend it all at once aye lol.

It's good because when I get paid out I assume the lump sum is determined by my current base rate. So 150hrs x 30c is a nice bonus. Two weeks with the company to go...

Otacon2009

HSC
The only reason why I haven't chucked in my resignation is because I need it when I transfer (potentially in two weeks) interstate. By keeping Woolies, I don't have to go chasing for jobs. Then when things look up, I'll resign, something that has been three years in the making.

What about everyone else? Anyone like their job, are keeping it like me simply because of the money (even if the pay is peanuts) and lack of jobs or are weeks away from leaving?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Garbage, Supermarkets are range from POG so if you are ranged for a product you should have it. If you don't, its a stuff up somewhere along the line

Forget CASS, yes it tells us that its ranged to who but thats the extent of 'reporting' it does. We use a tool called discoverer that is a data program that can just pull about any report that you could want(if you know how to build the report). Second the Business Intelligence software can be used or aztec which tells us all the sales data etc

PI report takes a whole 15seconds to pull every store SOH for a SKU around australia
I think you are the one who is garbage. Just because you think you know more than others do on here (which you probably don't) doesn't mean you can be rude about it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)