The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Did he really come up to you and get you in trouble cause of me? As if it was your fault I took a 25 minute tea break. :p

Pretty funny though when he got pissed off at me all serious interrogating me:
"Have you been with Babikakez for her whole lunchbreak?"
"No"
"Willing to bet your job on it?"
"Sorry but gambling is against woolworths policy *cheeky grin*"

In all fairness though, on Saturday I missed my final tea break and my dept manager always takes a 20 minute tea break for a smoke so it was justified the length. At least if I keep telling myself that it makes it ok.
Notice I hell couldn't look at either of you while he was speaking to you.
He came up to me as I was headed out of cash office around 8ish.

SSM: Why is it, that every time I have an issue with MMacka, you're always involved.
Me: I highly doubt that
SSM: Since when does he take 25 minute tea breaks without you also being on break?
Me: Ah, how about you go ask him. But he wasn't with me the whole time.
SSM: You think I'm stupid don't you.
Me: Yes, I do.
SSM: Go back and do some work.

i dont really get the change.. so its people who have a Visa/Mastercard Debit Card - but instead of pushing chq/sav they press credit and sign for it? pretty stupid move by woolworths

ok thanks for that, i had a feeling thats all it would be... anyone with any inside knowledge when the store release is coming ;)
When they use a debit card, they MUST press chq or sav. Currently the banks push the credit option, but Woolies is obviously in it for the lower eftpos fees.

HSC
It will actually save the company lots of money.

When credit is pressed it goes through the visa/mastercard network.
When sav/chq is pressed it goes through the eftpos network.

The visa/mastercard network costs the company for every transaction, some places charge a credit card surcharge to cover this cost. Instead woolworths pays the fee without adding on the fee to the customer directly, but the fee is covered by shelf prices.

The eftpos network however costs the company considerably less. There is no surcharge on every transaction.

So if more payments are diverted through the eftpos network instead of visa/mastercard the cost of doing business is decreased.
The team talk also tells us to tell customers that this will help to lower shelf prices. I laughed so hard.
I have been omitting this from when I have been delivering it.

More money in woolworths's pockets. As always.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
The team talk also tells us to tell customers that this will help to lower shelf prices. I laughed so hard.
I have been omitting this from when I have been delivering it.

More money in woolworths's pockets. As always.
pft, im not saying that.. dunno what ill say, probably nothing..

ill be like i am when they start getting angry about how they 'will never use these things again' (self serve) or 'it would have been quicker to go through a normal register (oh really? no shit!). lol i just ignore it and walk away, although i wont be able to walk away from them... hmm

brookie94

HSC
Notice I hell couldn't look at either of you while he was speaking to you.
He came up to me as I was headed out of cash office around 8ish.

SSM: Why is it, that every time I have an issue with MMacka, you're always involved.
Me: I highly doubt that
SSM: Since when does he take 25 minute tea breaks without you also being on break?
Me: Ah, how about you go ask him. But he wasn't with me the whole time.
SSM: You think I'm stupid don't you.
Me: Yes, I do.
SSM: Go back and do some work.
LOL!!! I wouldn't have kept a straight face saying that!! Haha that's funny as. Hahah you think I'm stupid don't you: yes, I do. Lol that made me laugh :p

Last edited:
HSC
LOL!!! I wouldn't have kept a straight face saying that!! Haha that's funny as. Hahah you think I'm stupid don't you: yes, I do. Lol that made me laugh :p
Its a pretty common conversation between us "do you think I'm stupid/yes, yes I do". Goes both ways.

Does anyone else have the new check seals yet? Very sexy, IMO.

brookie94

HSC
Its a pretty common conversation between us "do you think I'm stupid/yes, yes I do". Goes both ways.

Does anyone else have the new check seals yet? Very sexy, IMO.
HAHAHA! fuck i love your attitude towards your SSM :p :argue:
lol he's just jealous that your awesomeeeee and he's not ;)

HSC
lol, sexy checkseals hmm??? haha what are they like?
well they're about as sexy as check seals get. let me see if this site is stable enough (its been pretty shit today) to let me upload a pic.

and yes they're that small. thats on a biscuit packet, the check seal covers the 9300633 aspect of the barcode, thats it.

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
Mmacka, i need you to do something for me. tomorrow after work, i need a report on jess' attitude and work ethic :p
you can ask her why, but it is compulsary hahaha

brookie94

HSC
lol, checking up on me much. :eek:
haha im making sure that you feel good and are happy tomorrow! And it will show you how amazing you can be!
I'm sure Mmacka would agree with me lol and Mmacka, no long tea breaks tomorrow! It's jess' day to shine!!
Haha she's gunna have a smile on her face and know that she can keep everything under control!
I believe in you babe!
Have fun, I'll be watching through quinn's eyes :p
Stick to the plan biattchhh!!!!!

ly Jess :p
be my good girl tomorrow and show everyone the Jess that will make them go FUUUCK! She's on fire today!! Haha it must be the naked teeth ;)
new teeth, new attitude :D lol
xx

Last edited:

bdude

HSC
well they're about as sexy as check seals get. let me see if this site is stable enough (its been pretty shit today) to let me upload a pic.

and yes they're that small. thats on a biscuit packet, the check seal covers the 9300633 aspect of the barcode, thats it.
They actually do look pretty good, but I'm still glad we got rid of checkseals.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Far out. I can't even have a freaking weekend off >=/

People calling in sick --> me having to work coz im the last resort. Fks sake. If you're rostered on. GO TO WORK.

/rant.
>=/

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Far out. I can't even have a freaking weekend off >=/

People calling in sick --> me having to work coz im the last resort. Fks sake. If you're rostered on. GO TO WORK.

/rant.
>=/
Ain't had a weekend since February

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hey I forgot to mention.
A store 20 minutes away was broken into and had ALL there cigarettes stolen overnight.

We must now remove ALL smoke shelves from smokeshop and every single carton from the cupboards and lock it away. Takes roughly 45 minutes EXTRA ON TOP OF OUR normal night. No joke, there is not allowed to be ONE packet of smokes left out in service AT ALL now.

They better increase our fucking close shifts to 11pm as opposed to the normal 10.30 if they expect this to last.

When I got to work today at 3pm they still had whole boxes of full of cartons they had not managed to put back into the cupboards yet. Fucking rediculous.
Personally dont think this will last, but it's shitting me up the wall.

You know those massive silver racks with wheels? Usually put produce or whatever on them, basically fill ONE of those and a whole nother trolly full of smoke products.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Hey I forgot to mention.
A store 20 minutes away was broken into and had ALL there cigarettes stolen overnight.

We must now remove ALL smoke shelves from smokeshop and every single carton from the cupboards and lock it away. Takes roughly 45 minutes EXTRA ON TOP OF OUR normal night. No joke, there is not allowed to be ONE packet of smokes left out in service AT ALL now.
Sounds like a typical over reaction for Woolworths!! Why don't they concentrate on how and where the thieves got in instead of hoarding the smokes out of sight. What are they going to do if the liquor store gets broken into? Tell liquor to put all their stock away every night??!! I swear corporate officers and management have mashed potatoes for brains.....:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)