The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
My week:

Monday(ANZAC public holiday): 0630-1430 (yay penalty rates) (I missed my lunch break. lol)
Tuesday: 0700-1200
Friday: 0630-1530
Saturday: 0700-1600
Sunday: 1330-1830

Roga

HSC
We're getting a new Grocery manager on May 10. Ours is going to swap with the Blacktown Grocery manager, I'm hoping he's a good guy.

My week has/will be:

Monday: 5am to 2pm (x2.5!!)
Saturday: 10am to 6pm
Sunday: 10am to 6pm

HSC
My roster this week WAS Thurs 5.30-9.30 (as an operator - I must have pissed someone off :p) and Fri 10.30-6.30 (operator/smokeshop split).

BUT seeing as I'm a spineless spineless idiot, I just agreed to work 3.30-6.30 today. I said to my CSM when she rang me "you're lucky I'm about ready to cry over my management work", to which she replied "I'll help you, bring it in".
I'm concerned by her bipolarness. Some days we are the best of friends (well I think thats how she sees it), other days we are (literally) screaming at each other.

I'm going to take in the section about poor team culture, lol. See if she can take a hint.

HSC
It has been so crazy this week and last week at my store. over is sales and under in staff, typical.
monday was 25k + !

roster this week:
Monday 17:30-24:30 Supervison $$$$$

Tuesday Supervision 16:00-19:15
Liquor Assistant 19:15-19:45
Operator 20:15-24:15

Friday: Operator 13:00-18:00

Saturday: Operator 7:00-12:00 :)
Liquor Assistant 13:00-18:00
:(

brookie94

HSC
My roster this week WAS Thurs 5.30-9.30 (as an operator - I must have pissed someone off :p) and Fri 10.30-6.30 (operator/smokeshop split).

BUT seeing as I'm a spineless spineless idiot, I just agreed to work 3.30-6.30 today. I said to my CSM when she rang me "you're lucky I'm about ready to cry over my management work", to which she replied "I'll help you, bring it in".
I'm concerned by her bipolarness. Some days we are the best of friends (well I think thats how she sees it), other days we are (literally) screaming at each other.

I'm going to take in the section about poor team culture, lol. See if she can take a hint.
Lol she obviously loves you! 2 calls to come work in 2 days! Haha.
Oh god, you were right about her chopping and changing her moods!! Geez! Monday you were screaming at each other and today she's helping you with uni work?!? Haha wowwww!
And PLEASE when you come home tell us that you talked and made up and didnt end up in another screaming match!!!! :p

jirwin

HSC
Oh yay BOS is back!

I don't think I've ever wanted to work so badly. I got 3hrs this week as I'm not allowed to work until Friday (but have TAFE) and they never roster me on a Sunday so I got 3hrs on Saturday (5pm-8pm). I won a ticket to a Sydney Web Development Conference which is next week (Thursday-Friday) so I'm only available to work on the Sunday which I doubt I'll be rostered. My bank account is going to hate me. Have to pay nearly $200 for accommodation, just ordered my business cards so theres $88 and then I need money for food/breakfast/dinner while in Sydney.

It's an awesome opportunity for me though so I'm not complaining about the fact I'm spending, just I didn't expect it so my account is taking a hit this month. Will just have to try and stay on top of my TAFE work so I can take any extra shifts I'm offered :(

Oh and my mouth is all good from the operation. Barely any pain, swelling or discomfort. My jaw feels out of alignment though when I yawn or open my mouth widely. But thats the ONLY issue I've had so I was pretty lucky!

Edit: Someone that used to work at my Coles but transfered to another store starts work at 4am for tickets!

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Back at checkouts next week! So excited!

This week doing/done
Mon: 5am-12.30pm office
tue: not working
wed: not working
Thu: 11am-4pm office
Fri: Not working
Sat: not working
Sun: 6am-3pm office.

Then back to 38 hours! Yayy.

So next week
Mon 6am-3pm smoke shop
Tue: Not working
Wed: 11am-8pm supervision (=D YAYYY)
Thu: 6am-12.30pm smoke shop
Fri: Not working
Sat: 3.30pm-12.30am supervison
Sun: 1.30pm-10.30pm supervison

So freaking excited to do my close weekends again! They are the best!!

HSC
Lol she obviously loves you! 2 calls to come work in 2 days! Haha.
Oh god, you were right about her chopping and changing her moods!! Geez! Monday you were screaming at each other and today she's helping you with uni work?!? Haha wowwww!
And PLEASE when you come home tell us that you talked and made up and didnt end up in another screaming match!!!! :p
HA she was helping me until she found out that the SM had offered me hours in liquor, then she went on a rant about how you spend so much time "developing" someone, only to have them taken away from your department.
She has rage issues now with the SM, SSO, Liquor and Bakery managers about me, its funny.
I don't even know why she got pissed about the liquor hours, in the end I said no to them (they were pretty shit mostly nightfill hours).

Nah, good cruisy day but. We cleaned out the service desk folders for the first time in two years this arvo, fairly sure I'll have terrible hayfever tmoz but at least I'll be able to find stuff when I need it.

brookie94

HSC
HA she was helping me until she found out that the SM had offered me hours in liquor, then she went on a rant about how you spend so much time "developing" someone, only to have them taken away from your department.
She has rage issues now with the SM, SSO, Liquor and Bakery managers about me, its funny.
I don't even know why she got pissed about the liquor hours, in the end I said no to them (they were pretty shit mostly nightfill hours).

Nah, good cruisy day but. We cleaned out the service desk folders for the first time in two years this arvo, fairly sure I'll have terrible hayfever tmoz but at least I'll be able to find stuff when I need it.
well according to her the other day she obviously hasnt "developed" you very well haha
she's totally wrong though, your amazing :p

haha she does love you if shes fighting with like half the managers in your store over you!! lol

HSC
well according to her the other day she obviously hasnt "developed" you very well haha
she's totally wrong though, your amazing :p

haha she does love you if shes fighting with like half the managers in your store over you!! lol
Its funny. Ever since I worked 2 hours in bakery once (and the bakery manager fell in love with me because I always remember what she smokes/what size/what days she buys packets v cartons), the bakery manager keeps pulling my CSM's leg about how she's gonna use me one day. My CSM absolutely hates it.

And I don't know why she's got issues with the SSO - someone has to do cash office, I don't do tickets anymore, and lets face it - I used to work ALL my hours in nontrade (back when we had a seemingly never ending wage budget).

She seems to hate our current SM (I love him, I'm contemplating a transfer to his real store when he goes back there, haha), and she and the liquor manager have long standing issues that have nothing to do with me at all.

I got my new TI shirt today, I ordered a 12 this time and its fricken MASSIVE. At the moment I wear a 10, which fits well except on my unproportionally broad shoulders, and the 12, well, fits well across my back/shoulders but is massive around my arms/hips/anywhere else. I'll probably take it in :(
In saying that, pretty impressed with TI this time - it was supposed to be on back order, and I got it within 3 weeks.

brookie94

HSC
Its funny. Ever since I worked 2 hours in bakery once (and the bakery manager fell in love with me because I always remember what she smokes/what size/what days she buys packets v cartons), the bakery manager keeps pulling my CSM's leg about how she's gonna use me one day. My CSM absolutely hates it.

And I don't know why she's got issues with the SSO - someone has to do cash office, I don't do tickets anymore, and lets face it - I used to work ALL my hours in nontrade (back when we had a seemingly never ending wage budget).

She seems to hate our current SM (I love him, I'm contemplating a transfer to his real store when he goes back there, haha), and she and the liquor manager have long standing issues that have nothing to do with me at all.

I got my new TI shirt today, I ordered a 12 this time and its fricken MASSIVE. At the moment I wear a 10, which fits well except on my unproportionally broad shoulders, and the 12, well, fits well across my back/shoulders but is massive around my arms/hips/anywhere else. I'll probably take it in :(
In saying that, pretty impressed with TI this time - it was supposed to be on back order, and I got it within 3 weeks.
haha i think everyone in your store should just gang up on your CSM coz she sounds like an idiot lol

oh really?!? i ordered one like a week ago and hopefully its here soon!!! i had to take my other new ones that i ordered in coz they were massive around my waist but fine everywhere else and i had to take it up a bit. but yeh around the waist i took it in like 3 cm each side thats how massive they were

HSC
I have to leave work early on Saturday cause I have Kates party. :(
Haha I have to take the whole day off for Kate's party. You know, to get there and all. ;)

Our SSO is majorly peeved because ALL of her Saturday SSA's (so me, the real SSA and the tickets girl) all want Sat arvo off.

SSO: How coincidental that you ALL want the same day off.
Us: Yeah, pretty massive coincidence.

She doesn't need to know that we're all going to the same party.

EDIT x 2: Its not Kates. :p

Last edited:

ytrbut

HSC
:( just noticed I got payed wrong for last week. I'll presume it was due to the public holiday, yes?
Probably. Was your SSO in on Monday?

Our SSO is majorly peeved because ALL of her Saturday SSA's (so me, the real SSA and the tickets girl) all want Sat arvo off.

SSO: How coincidental that you ALL want the same day off.
Us: Yeah, pretty massive coincidence.

She doesn't need to know that we're all going to the same party.
Haha this is one of the best things about the occasional work farewell party/work gathering which excludes management when they happen - management get fairly annoyed because everyone asks for it off. I remember one particular SSA's farewell, I think literally everyone who was SSA-trained excluding the SSO and SSM was there...I still to this day have no idea who did cash office that evening. (I say "one of the best things", because the best thing is the gossip the next day about what stories were told under the influence of excessive amounts of alcohol...keeps the gossip-mill going for weeks. Combine it with a dancefloor and general frivolity, and you can end up with enough material to keep the lunchroom mouths chattering away for months.)

Last edited:

rose2

HSC
hey,i got paid normal sunday rates for my 5 hr shift on sunday,anzac day..it should be double time and half..isn't it????

HSC
How long does it take you guys to get ready for a party?! Back when my work had the most awesome social group, we all had the home > shower > dress > out routine down.

*mourns work social circle*

Man those were the best days. They really were. I still most of the people (like my boyfriend, strangely enough didn't stop seeing him once he quit :haha:), and especially a few others who still work there, but it's definitely not the same. *continues on tangent into the distance...*
Its more because it IS the tickets girl's birthday - she normally finishes at 8.30pm on Saturday. I already had it off as A/L coz of uni stuff, and the other SSA was trying to swap her afternoon for the morning.

We're not that bad ;)

These days it seems my work circle is my only real circle. My life goes work friends > uni friends > those people that I went to school with that I pretend to be friends with.

Probably. Was your SSO in on Monday?

Haha this is one of the best things about the occasional work farewell party/work gathering which excludes management when they happen - management get fairly annoyed because everyone asks for it off. I remember one particular SSA's farewell, I think literally everyone who was SSA-trained excluding the SSO and SSM was there...I still to this day have no idea who did cash office that evening. (I say "one of the best things", because the best thing is the gossip the next day about what stories were told under the influence of excessive amounts of alcohol...keeps the gossip-mill going for weeks. Combine it with a dancefloor and general frivolity, and you can end up with enough material to keep the lunchroom mouths chattering away for months.)
We were closed Monday, so I presume she wasn't. She was there briefly on Saturday, but I guess thats where my extra hour was (we left an hour late on Saturday night).

Last year when they had the christmas party, it was on my 18th and I got told beforehand (not planing on going to the party, just not wanting to work on my 18th) that there was no way in hell I would get it off because of cash office. Then the other SSA's were both told that they could go to the xmas party if they wanted, and not to worry about cash office.
HOW DOES THAT WORK? Its not like I was capable of doing all the cash up stuff then (not that I am now even, but I could kind of work it out/follow the instructions if needed).

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Ugh my SM has volunteered me to do a full equipment stocktake for Chep on Sunday. Not looking forward to counting every pallet, every bin and every fucking crate in the store. He can go and fuck a duck!

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Ugh my SM has volunteered me to do a full equipment stocktake for Chep on Sunday. Not looking forward to counting every pallet, every bin and every fucking crate in the store. He can go and fuck a duck!

Are you talking about those black produce crates!! theres millions! thats rough! pallets and bins arn't to bad, there arn't heaps of them
I feel your pain though, we've got perishables/longlife stocktake in just over a month and I have to run the stocktake and count all perishables rooms and cages by myself! nasty!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)