The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Tubrty

HSC
Okay, now I sound like a total bipolar person. Once a fortnight is what its like at the moment just because my CSM and 2IC and I aren't getting along super well. Also I'm sick of getting the same feedback from every manager that comes through (and trust me, we have a lot - new SSM and STM this week) about me being a crap supervisor. Give you a hint guys, I've given up on improvement - proper SSA role plz?

lol, I freaked out one newbie a few weeks ago. I'd been upset all day at my CSM, she was being completely and utterly horrible about stuff that wasn't my fault, and then something really stupid made me crack badly. So while I'm sat on the service desk floor calming myself down, this new operator is in express and is freaking out that I'm upset - meanwhile two other supervisors and the smokeshop operator are laughing at me. She could not work out what the deal was!
So funny in hindsight.
Stop calling yourself crap, what the hell do managers know anywayssss! You're the best Jess! <3 you can improve, it's all in your head love!

HSC
Stop calling yourself crap, what the hell do managers know anywayssss! You're the best Jess! <3 you can improve, it's all in your head love!
I'd say that our current SM knows an awful lot. He's the first SM I've ever come across that has ever been a CSM. I respect his feedback and opinion a lot.

Tubrty

HSC
^ lol.

No, not everywhere in my store. The donut table and coke displays, I'm observing, represents a significant negotiation point between managers and supervisors. Everyone has lost the plot there. SSM's office - only happened once, twice if you include when I very first hurt my shoulder and we were incident reporting/debating a hospital visit. Service desk floor is a given.
Service deal floor is where all the best people have broken down.. Hahaha my fav was pissed at this bitch the other day as she ended up quietly screaming to herself sitting in the floor haha I was on the register next to service desk watching lol she ten promptly walked over ad goes, as your supervisor I demand a hug ;) haha god I love her

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Actually yes, can so relate the coke displays being a confrontation point between supervisors and management. This was always the case in my old store, which has a similar layout to yours i think. If it was something drastic then a trip to the bakery displays was called for.

Another hotspot are the ends, where you can have heated conversations with the LLM about the queuing customers while he/she avoids eye contact with both yourself and the customers, then scurries of with their trolley, averting eye contact with all around. Or is that just me.

Tubrty

HSC
I'd say that our current SM knows an awful lot. He's the first SM I've ever come across that has ever been a CSM. I respect his feedback and opinion a lot.
I was only joking about saying that managers know nothing lol. You just can't let what they say get to yo, take it on board and get better at what they are criticizing you for

Tubrty

HSC
Actually yes, can so relate the coke displays being a confrontation point between supervisors and management. This was always the case in my old store, which has a similar layout to yours i think. If it was something drastic then a trip to the bakery displays was called for.

Another hotspot are the ends, where you can have heated conversations with the LLM about the queuing customers while he/she avoids eye contact with both yourself and the customers, then scurries of with their trolley, averting eye contact with all around. Or is that just me.
Our store has these discussions at the service desk, the DVD stand or again very serious issues go to the prop bake section ;) and if it's going to get really heated, backdock next to liquors pallets haha

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Service deal floor is where all the best people have broken down.. Hahaha my fav was pissed at this bitch the other day as she ended up quietly screaming to herself sitting in the floor haha I was on the register next to service desk watching lol she ten promptly walked over ad goes, as your supervisor I demand a hug ;) haha god I love her
I felt so bad for our CSM one day (it was at Easter). They'd pulled me onto express and I was there for about an hour... then I went back to bakery... then they pulled me back on for another two hours. It was horribly busy, a terrible day, the CSM had all these sickies pulled on her... and then my manager screamed at her about having me on checkouts.

She spent the next two hours crying whilst serving customers on smokeshop, whilst running change orders, direting customers to registers with short lines..... she was just in tears and tears and I was like :(

HSC

We're the opposite. This donut table is about 2 metres from the service desk, 5 metres from express, so this is routine conversations/arguments. The coke display is further away, you can still see whats going on in the service area, but the risk of being overheard is somewhat less.
Ever since I checkout trained our LLM she has been pedantic about getting queues down, but I notice she's the one that always jumps on, not her staff. Leads me to the conclusion that she secretely likes checkouts :p

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
If store is closed, volume off arguments increases.
If store is open, volume of argument is muffled somewhat by how hard I'm pummelling them.

Tubrty

HSC
I felt so bad for our CSM one day (it was at Easter). They'd pulled me onto express and I was there for about an hour... then I went back to bakery... then they pulled me back on for another two hours. It was horribly busy, a terrible day, the CSM had all these sickies pulled on her... and then my manager screamed at her about having me on checkouts.

She spent the next two hours crying whilst serving customers on smokeshop, whilst running change orders, direting customers to registers with short lines..... she was just in tears and tears and I was like :(
Really? That's crazy!! I would die if our CSM cried.. She's a hard bitch lol she's a biker too :p

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
the LLM about the queuing customers while he/she
avoids eye contact with both yourself and the customers, then scurries of with their trolley, averting eye contact with all around. Or is that just me.
Actually, this sounds like me too :p Whenever there are queues I avoid eye contact with Supervisors, because they know I'm trained and they might ask me to get on and customers, because they give you the "Are you going to open a checkout?" look. Quite often they ask me and I get great pleasure in saying 'No'. I also get great pleasure in telling supers no too.

As you can see my customer service skills are my best attribute.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Greatest thing in the deli, no checkouts (for my store anyways). Store manager was organising express alerts for checkouts. I was walking past (with my hat on, apron, etc; which, i must say and following the previous comments, i do look quite good in ;) ahahah) and he asks "are you going to jump on?"
me: "Nope, I'm in the deli department and not trained."
and i continued walking. =D

yay for the little things in life ahah

PyroTek

HSC
I'm usually like "FINE! ill jump on!" and put in some witty comment about paying it back later.

I'm pretty much "store whore" now.

jirwin

HSC
do you reckon there is any chance in hell they will reverse their decision?

more importantly do you think Coles will do it too? i will LOL soooooo hard if they do, man i would kill to see the look on those people's faces
According to one of my supervisors, when Woolworths announced the change, Coles came out and said they would not be making the same change. I noticed a massive increase in customers selecting 'credit' and signing for it today. Like 3 of my first 4 customers signed for credit.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Lordtpocat I would so hate you. Although I don't care about eye contact, I usually go up to grocery members and put myself between them and the shelf/trolley, thus making me completely unavoidable.

I haven't been at work for three days. From this afternoon on I'm there til possibly next Wednesday. Oh em gee.

I'm usually like "FINE! ill jump on!" and put in some witty comment about paying it back later.

I'm pretty much "store whore" now.
That was must be pleasurable. How much do you charge per go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)