The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Our SM is awesome... and the nicest SM (honestly) I've worked with.
Today, he started at midnight, worked til 4.30 am, went home, came back at 7.30 am, and worked til about midday, or 1 pm.
An 'average' day would be about 5.30 am til 6 or 7 pm.
Same with my SM, today my SSM, SM, CSM all started at 5am and were still there when I left at 4, while my groceries 21C started at 7 and he was trying to get out at 4pm, But he didn't, me and him get along really well :)

Harry778

HSC
We were really quiet. Everything got done for the night at like 4pm haha. Except the drinks.

P.S Smoke shop is shitting me..that is all.

HSC
P.S Smoke shop is shitting me..that is all.
I'll happily do smokeshop! I rarely do smokeshop...Oh I miss my shifts on smokeshop :(
I did 12:30-1:30 on smokeshop on saturday and I was supposed to do 1:30-4:30 but no the stupid bitchy supervisor kicked me off grr to her!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
we were shit busy .... why do people always come in late at night to do shopping. we were busy up until 9pm .... and we were understaffed so basically had to do things really badly to get things done on time. .. i was quite stresssed =.=

phwoar. they certainly made me work for my $300 >=/

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh wow, don't most banks have limits at $1000 a day via EFTPOS anyway? Our limit at Coles is $400 and rarely do I get people that want that much.
Nah he is talking about the maximum that should be in the draw.

You should have no more then $1500 in your draw at any one time, ever. Also, in our store, when you do a pickup, you leave 2x $50 and 5x $20, so 100 and 100. We do not send up 10's or 5's.

britto89

HSC
How can you only leave 2 $50 notes??
Here is how I do it. Remove all $50s from the draw, place two back in the draw and put the rest in the pickup.

If you leave bulk of your $20s and ask the next customer in line if they need cash out prior to a pickup you can set that extra aside as well as your 2 x $50s notes. You earn back $50s pretty quick anyway. If all else fails and someone asks for an amount you don't have in your draw just save it and take it to smoke shop.

Britto

Harry778

HSC
I'll happily do smokeshop! I rarely do smokeshop...Oh I miss my shifts on smokeshop :(
I did 12:30-1:30 on smokeshop on saturday and I was supposed to do 1:30-4:30 but no the stupid bitchy supervisor kicked me off grr to her!
Oh dont get me wrong I LOVE smoke shop..but cos that what I mainly do all the time the little things shit you. Like customers will sit there and count out their WHOLE fucking wallet when theres a huge line. When they want tobacco, when you go scan it they'll say "oh and a packet of filters too" scan that "and two rollies papers please" ARE YOU SERIOUSE! You can say everything while I'm over there you know..it makes me dizzy sometimes..lol. But yer I only really do smoke shop and supervision.

britto89

HSC
Oh dont get me wrong I LOVE smoke shop..but cos that what I mainly do all the time the little things shit you. Like customers will sit there and count out their WHOLE fucking wallet when theres a huge line. When they want tobacco, when you go scan it they'll say "oh and a packet of filters too" scan that "and two rollies papers please" ARE YOU SERIOUSE! You can say everything while I'm over there you know..it makes me dizzy sometimes..lol. But yer I only really do smoke shop and supervision.
If someone asks for tobacco I always ask if they need papers. This normally jogs their memory and avoids headspins. In relation to the counting of money if there was a customer counting their money I'd say something along the lines of "I'll let you finish counting that" and then serve the next customer if it looked like they hadn't decided yet and were still checking they had enough for a 30pk instead of a 20pk, etc. When it was really busy i always found that some people were just waiting for newspapers especially on saturday/sunday mornings. When i served someone buying a newspaper i'd always call out if anyone else was getting a newspaper and had correct change. A lot of people have the right change or payed with cash for newspapers so you could just take their money and ring it up when you had a chance. It was also a quick way to serve a few customers and get them on their way, considering a lot of people get the newspaper on their way out of the store or just by passing by the service desk. There is nothing worse then seeing a service desk with people crowded around it from a incoming customers point of view, even if the sales are relatively quick.

Britto

Harry778

HSC
If someone asks for tobacco I always ask if they need papers. This normally jogs their memory and avoids headspins. In relation to the counting of money if there was a customer counting their money I'd say something along the lines of "I'll let you finish counting that" and then serve the next customer if it looked like they hadn't decided yet and were still checking they had enough for a 30pk instead of a 20pk, etc. When it was really busy i always found that some people were just waiting for newspapers especially on saturday/sunday mornings. When i served someone buying a newspaper i'd always call out if anyone else was getting a newspaper and had correct change. A lot of people have the right change or payed with cash for newspapers so you could just take their money and ring it up when you had a chance. It was also a quick way to serve a few customers and get them on their way, considering a lot of people get the newspaper on their way out of the store or just by passing by the service desk. There is nothing worse then seeing a service desk with people crowded around it from a incoming customers point of view, even if the sales are relatively quick.

Britto

Yeah.

HSC
Yeah I know that feeling, It annoys me also! there lazy buggers!

Woo might be becoming a supervisor :jump: and I didn't have to kill anyone to get it :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hamish and Andy, what stupid fuckwit idiots. They are on radio promoting people to go around to refund/cigarette counters with there shopping to get through faster.
I knew I had a good reason to hate these stupid fucks.

jirwin

HSC
thats standard at my store..
When it's heaps busy the supervisor will hand pick people to come around to the smoke counter - those that have 1-2 items. But its only ever 1 at a time. That same supervisor also walks up to the big registers and picks people out that have very small loads that are normally too big for express and sends them down to express - sometimes even to specific service assistants and then tells that service assistant that they sent someone down. Now that we have self serve express doesn't get so busy.

HSC
We have people come around to smokeshop if were busy and do like there grocceries which is usually 1-5 items max. so not too bad

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
When it's heaps busy the supervisor will hand pick people to come around to the smoke counter - those that have 1-2 items. But its only ever 1 at a time. That same supervisor also walks up to the big registers and picks people out that have very small loads that are normally too big for express and sends them down to express - sometimes even to specific service assistants and then tells that service assistant that they sent someone down. Now that we have self serve express doesn't get so busy.
yeah thats what mine do too..

we dont have self serves for some reason.. i reckon they would be a good addition..

during peak time (4-7) it gets really stressful as we get big lines and its hard to push people through quickly and you can tell they are getting annoyed

britto89

HSC
Hamish and Andy, what stupid fuckwit idiots. They are on radio promoting people to go around to refund/cigarette counters with there shopping to get through faster.
I knew I had a good reason to hate these stupid fucks.
I used to have the person on the nearest express register to smoke shop keep a look out when it got busy if it was possible to send a person around the front. If the smoke shop operator doesn't have anyone they'd just ask that operator to send someone around. They then pick someone with no produce and tell them to go through. Sometimes at night with only a big register open which was processing a trolley I'd wave people through to smoke shop and serve them there rather than having to sign on to an express register. This probably wouldn't be an issue if the store had self serve.

I wouldn't serve them if they just presented themselves at the counter though when it was busy. Same as when I am opening a big register and its busy I always select the trolley that looks like its been waiting the longest and take them to my register to start unloading whilst I logon, etc. People need to know how to wait their turn fairly.

britto

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)