The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
It was my last shift at my store today! Wasn't expecting anything and about 15 minutes before my shift ended I was called into the team room and there was food for africa and a gift.

Man was the LLM angry I didn't finish the direct deliveries!

britto89

HSC
At my store,we always use the Service 31,32,33 etc Call. Also,we use Service 15 - Visitor
We use Service 15 for the "check your department thingo". Someone in the office normally puts it as a page every hour or so to remind people to do a quick walk of their department looking for safety issues, stuff like that. I also hardly ever hear Service 90s in both stores i've worked in, but it varies from store to store.

Also, depending on who answers the phones they might do a Service 601, 602, 603 which relates to the bay the call is parked in. So that someone on the shop floor can hear "Grocery Service 601" and pick up the call on their mobile or a phone somewhere. But the other store I work in don't park the calls they put them on hold. So you have to arrange them to park it to be able to pick it up on a mobile or get them to transfer it straight through. I always saw this a silly. Does your store park them or put them on hold?

PyroTek

HSC
In regards to service 30, we say "xxx service 30 line 1, xxx service 31" - both at once :p

Yeah, service zero is "walk your department and look for safety hazards" - done every hour.

britto89

HSC
Man was the LLM angry I didn't finish the direct deliveries!
Speaking of direct deliveries, end of the financial year coming up. Thats always a fun time for getting them accepted and processed. I remember one year I was doing them on a sunday and the SSM was like make sure you get these ones done that have been sitting around for ages. Turns out they were missing pages, etc. which is why they hadn't been done. I gave them to her when i was heading home saying that i couldn't do them because pages were missing. I just laughed sort of as i handed them to her.

britto

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
apparently my store is having a sale next week on monday. 50% off selected stock storewide. Is this happening at your stores as well?
NOTE: Monday will be very different. You will get only 1 corecomms message over the day.(only business/price critical messages will come through as a exception). Ask your manager to have a look at the 15 things HINT: someone is going to make their stamp ;)

So, my store's getting ISIS soon.

Would anyone like to give a quick rundown on what it does?

Cheers.
All stores i Australia will have ISIS very very soon. Back office won't be needed anymore. SAP is also not far away. Documents are on Storenet. We have a pile of stores already running ISIS.

Last edited:

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
apparently my store is having a sale next week on monday. 50% off selected stock storewide. Is this happening at your stores as well?
NOTE: Monday will be very different. You will get only 1 corecomms message over the day.(only business/price critical messages will come through as a exception). Ask your manager to have a look at the 15 things ;)

So, my store's getting ISIS soon.

Would anyone like to give a quick rundown on what it does?

Cheers.
All stores i Australia will have ISIS very very soon. Back office won't be needed anymore. SAP is also not far away. Documents are on Storenet. We have a pile of stores already running it.

brookie94

HSC
is everyone getting a new rostering system?? I saw a notice is the lunchroom that said something about a new planning/ rostering system.. And it said watch this space. Anything interesting??

pezdog

HSC
Alright, anyone understand the current award deal for Woolworths casuals and public holidays? I'm a 19yr old casual and worked 8hrs last monday on the public holiday. Expected to get roughly $43 p/hr seeing as my normal rate is about $17.50. Got my payslip this week and I've been paid roughly $39, checked with the woman who runs the Cash Office etc etc and apparently I lose my 30% casual loading on public holidays, meaning I get double time and a half as a part time employee? Wtf? I checked my payslip from the last time I worked a public holiday (June last year - yes I've kept every single payslip for 3 years) and it was the same then too. I'll call the union on monday to check it out but was wondering if this was the same for everyone else or have I been dudded?

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Alright, anyone understand the current award deal for Woolworths casuals and public holidays? I'm a 19yr old casual and worked 8hrs last monday on the public holiday. Expected to get roughly $43 p/hr seeing as my normal rate is about $17.50. Got my payslip this week and I've been paid roughly $39, checked with the woman who runs the Cash Office etc etc and apparently I lose my 30% casual loading on public holidays, meaning I get double time and a half as a part time employee? Wtf? I checked my payslip from the last time I worked a public holiday (June last year - yes I've kept every single payslip for 3 years) and it was the same then too. I'll call the union on monday to check it out but was wondering if this was the same for everyone else or have I been dudded?
i lost $4 too

bdude

HSC
If your normal rate is 17.50 at 130% of part-timer's wage, then you should get $37.69 as the public holiday rate (280% of normal part-time wage)

pezdog

HSC
If your normal rate is 17.50 at 130% of part-timer's wage, then you should get $37.69 as the public holiday rate (280% of normal part-time wage)
The maths is out a tad since i only gave rough figures that rounded up but regardless, why do I/everyone else lose the casual loadings on public holidays? Whats the reasoning behind it?

PyroTek

HSC
You don't lose the casual loading,
PPT gets 250% of their PPT wage,
CAS gets 270/280% (depending on state i guess) of the PPT wage - because a casual employees wage is 120/130% of the base wage for a PPT.

So if you work it out as:
(say, someone gets 10/h PPT, 12/h casual)

It depends on order, so,
Public holiday where everyone gets 250% of their normal rate
PPT = $25/h
Cas = $30/h

Now if they get 250/270% of the PPT base rate:
PPT = $25/h
Cas = $27/h.

The $20% loading of the "base rate" is still there.

Predator78

HSC
Sorry to go OT about the pay scenario guys.
Is there a general time when Woolworths hires new people? I have heard around Aug-Sept but that is probably way wrong.

Thanks.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm insane. =/
my roster is a bit redunkulous...

fri/sat - 4- midnight
sunday - 10-7pm
monday = 5-2pm
tues - 8-1pm

GG to sleep .. and only just recovering from a cold. =_=

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yes, you do lose your casual loading?

On public holidays, your rate is based on the part time/full time rate in your age category (thats how it works here anwyay).
So everyone is equal on public holidays afaik.

I've calculated it and matches up with the SDA wage bulletin perfectly.

jirwin

HSC
Yes, you do lose your casual loading?

On public holidays, your rate is based on the part time/full time rate in your age category (thats how it works here anwyay).
So everyone is equal on public holidays afaik.

I've calculated it and matches up with the SDA wage bulletin perfectly.
That's incorrect... well it doesn't add up to what I earn anyway. You should earn 2.7 times the amount of a part time/full time rate on a public holiday. 2.5 = double time and a half. 0.2 = casual loading.

kevin94

HSC
I just realised you can work at hoyts even if your not 16. Damn, shouldve applied earlier if i knew, i just found out :mad:@@@. Does anyone know when they changed it and if it s agood place to work.

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
is everyone getting a new rostering system?? I saw a notice is the lunchroom that said something about a new planning/ rostering system.. And it said watch this space. Anything interesting??
that's still under trial in one area

theonemanshow

HSC
Hi guys, just wondering what is the new way of ordering woollies green shirts online now since spotless is not supplying the shirts anymore (just found out on their website today) ? Also, do we get the money we spent on the shirts back as part of the tax return?

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)