The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

SpongeHead

HSC
Start times may be changed, if contact is made, prior to the employee's arrival
for work. Where the labour schedule is changed after the schedule has been
posted on the noticeboard, the Company will notify the employee of such
changes. Notification will include contacting the employee by telephone or
other electronic medium and leaving a message.

I presume that includes cancelling your shift?
I'll try and dig up the link for you, fairly sure its on the FWA site.

Ah thanks for that babikakez. So it doesn't really give a time frame as to when the employer has to make contact with the employee before cancelling their shift :S

I didn't think of the FWA site, but I'll give that a shot as well. :read:

SpongeHead

HSC
Ah thanks for that babikakez. So it doesn't really give a time frame as to when the employer has to make contact with the employee before cancelling their shift :S

I didn't think of the FWA site, but I'll give that a shot as well. :read:

OK I tried searching it and couldn't find anything :( If you come across it please let me know :p

SpongeHead

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

i found it really easily the first time i looked and now i can't find the link!
if i can't i'll pm you and send you the copy i have :)

success!
http://www.fwa.gov.au/documents/agreements/fwa/AE877944.pdf

THANKS soo much for that babikakez! Lifesaver hehe

The only clause I could find in the agreement relaitng to the cancellation of shifts is this but somehow I don't think "permanent employee" refers to casuals, only part and full-timers:

4.5.3 A change to a permanent employee's roster may occur
upon not less than 7 days notice, or
by agreement between the employee and the Company without notice.

4.5.3 A change to a permanent employee's roster may occur
upon not less than 7 days notice, or

by agreement between the employee and the Company without notice.

HSC

My understanding is that you can cancel a shift prior to the employees arrival at work, so 1 hour beforehand is kosher unfotunately.

SpongeHead

HSC

My understanding is that you can cancel a shift prior to the employees arrival at work, so 1 hour beforehand is kosher unfotunately.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. Anyway thanks for your help - I really appreciate it :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

I've only ever had 1 shift cancelled on me. It was a Saturday. I was still new so I was completely bumbed about not being able to work lol.
Thankfully another store was DESPERATE, so I worked there. MY FUCKING GOD WAS IT BUSY. A big wakeup call for me. Mind you, I was shit scared of working at another store because I was so new lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

And it's fricken annoying how first aiders get an allowance in some other states but not here.
What's the point of a national agreement if each state has their own rules still?

SpongeHead

HSC

I've only ever had 1 shift cancelled on me. It was a Saturday. I was still new so I was completely bumbed about not being able to work lol.
Thankfully another store was DESPERATE, so I worked there. MY FUCKING GOD WAS IT BUSY. A big wakeup call for me. Mind you, I was shit scared of working at another store because I was so new lol

Only 1 shift ever? That is pretty good man haha. And yeah I don't know what the deal is with the national and state agreements. Seems like useless duplication to me :S

The breaking point for me was today when the 2IC called me in the morn to tell me (not ask me) that my shift had been changed from 3pm to 6pm to 7pm - 10pm. I said ok fine, I didn't want to come in the early arvo anyway. Then 10min later, she calls back to tell me my shift has been cancelled because they need to save hours (again). She apologised after I told her I don't want this to keep happening to me because this was the 3rd time this week they cancelled a shift on me.

Anyway I just got another call from a supervisor asking me to work 5pm to 10pm tonight and I was like wtf are u people on down there. I politely told her that I originally had a shift today, then it got changed, then cancelled so I made other plans. And fuck me, I wasn't prepared to go in tonight after all of that.

I'm soo over it...

Last edited:
HSC

^ No wonder! they fucking screw me around constantly with my roster,

they cancelled my shift yesterday, I just hope I have like 2-3 shifts next week :) no 24.5 hours bullshit!

HSC

^ No wonder! they fucking screw me around constantly with my roster,

they cancelled my shift yesterday, I just hope I have like 2-3 shifts next week :) no 24.5 hours bullshit!

HSC

zero shifts for me next week! thank fuck.
i wanted to get rid of my crap 5.30-8.30 shift tomorrow night but noone with safe access could/wanted to do it :(

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Only 1 shift ever? That is pretty good man haha. And yeah I don't know what the deal is with the national and state agreements. Seems like useless duplication to me :S

The breaking point for me was today when the 2IC called me in the morn to tell me (not ask me) that my shift had been changed from 3pm to 6pm to 7pm - 10pm. I said ok fine, I didn't want to come in the early arvo anyway. Then 10min later, she calls back to tell me my shift has been cancelled because they need to save hours (again). She apologised after I told her I don't want this to keep happening to me because this was the 3rd time this week they cancelled a shift on me.

Anyway I just got another call from a supervisor asking me to work 5pm to 10pm tonight and I was like wtf are u people on down there. I politely told her that I originally had a shift today, then it got changed, then cancelled so I made other plans. And fuck me, I wasn't prepared to go in tonight after all of that.

I'm soo over it...
Yeah, but i am the ABSOLUTE cheapest they can get, I kid you not. Probably hence why I am on 24 hours a week contract.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Haha, just quietly I have NEVER had a shift cancelled in over the 2.5 years I've been there. And only once have I been given zero shifts for a week (last Christmas it was). I am sooo lucky :p

_be

HSC

Ha, I completely forgot about Storenet, I was looking for the new EBA myself recently.

Stupid question, would Storenet be available via the Internet? I know our new produce Product Check is.

britto89

HSC

Ha, I completely forgot about Storenet, I was looking for the new EBA myself recently.

Stupid question, would Storenet be available via the Internet? I know our new produce Product Check is.
Storenet (or something similar) is already available via the internet for those authorised and who need it to perform their jobs. To my knowledge nobody at the store level is granted remote access to internal applications like HOST, emails, corecomms, etc.

The best the rest of us get is Wow Noticeboard, lol.

britto

HSC

Its on the POS system, near where you sign onto your register. Quick question I ordered my new discount card on the 12th of June, how long would you say until it comes in?? If anyone knows Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)