• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The worst job you've ever had? (1 Viewer)

gella

HSC
Re: What was the WORST place you've worked at?

lol
exactly :(

gella

HSC

which store do you work at now?

akrinis

HSC

I started work there in December last year, at the start of the holidays. The manager Tarah is a lazy manager who most people hate. Christoffer "Pico" is a cheap store manager. Listen to me - I worked NYD for 6 and a half hours and he payed me no extra that day - it was TOTAL BULL because the other guy (forgot his name) got double time that day.

They take advantage of trainees and young crew, especially, because they know they can. They just think, "oh well, he's getting a bit older now and since it's already 15 weeks we can't put him on training wage, so... we'll just cut his shifts down to two a week".

As soon as someone new gets hired, they work them to the BONE... then as soon as you're off the training wage, your shifts get reduced to nothing.

Christoffer Pico and his no.2 Tarah are two NASTY people you won't ever want to meet; the bitch is a hypocrite - she gave food away and is the strictest person yet.. two faced..

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC

I'm 16. JJ is a very nice guy but he didn't speak up for us crew when we weren't paid properly on NYD. I know at least 3 other people who should've got double time but didn't..

I didn't get a break on NYD. Oh, and here's what else pisses me off about Liverpool F/C... it's my right to work, so don't go asking me to go on a break.. I'm no tired yet. I work 5 hour shifts some days and I don't even get a break... and when I'm working 4 hour shifts Tommy tells me to go on break - what's wrong here? I was so tired one time when I was doing a shift for 4.5 hours. I just asked for a break and Tarah the fat bitch tells me I can't cos I need to work over five hours... someone works 3 hours and you tell them to go on break. I work 4.5 hours and I get shit for asking for a break.

How could you defend Pico? He's a fire-breathing dragon. He always looks at me like 'oh he's going to do something stupid' and screams at me. It's not my fault some silly crew trainers he hired didn't teach me properly. Why am I the one copping slack? And when I confronted him about why he didn't pay me double on NYD, all he could say was, "the company doesn't recognize it as a public holiday" he's the one that pays us crew.... how could you stand up for someone who doesn't pay us right? And guess what? He doesn't even let us crew members drink coke... I mean, let me ask you a question: when you were working with Pico, did he ever get to drink coke? And the guy gets to eat food from the store all the time so why shouldn't we get the same right? Oh that's it - we're worthless crew- we don't mean shit... so unfair.

I think JJ was involved in some lost money in the safe... Don't know how he's going now but I still spot him working there..

Last edited:

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC

I worked as an admin assistant/office girl type thing for a businessman who was the weirdest person you ever, ever met. He used to go on about conspiracies theories, talk about what would happen when I got married, insist on driving me home, and he did work for brothels. His office was in a run down building where there was cardboard on the floors instead of carpet.
My job was creating a filing system for him from the mountains of papers he brought from his home, in which were also wedged family photos, dead insects and food wrappers.

I took a week or so off for exams and when I called him again to ask when he'd next like me to come in, I was told he was moving his office back to his home because he could no longer afford where he currently was, and that I was no longer needed.

:\

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A

Probably the worst job I had was one of my promo gigs...12 hour shifts over Christmas in Myer in HIGH HEELS handing out perfume samples and encouraging people to buy the brand I was promoting...

It was an ok job, great pay and conditions, but the HEELS!!! They hurt when you're on a shop floor that long! We weren't allowed to wear flats (though I did a few times when the supervisor wasn't around).

Plus the management in the Myer I was in were so up themselves. I wasn't employed by Myer but needed my timesheet signed by floor management at the end of each shift (they are impossible to find) and on Christmas Eve I finished at midnight and was so proud that I personally made 4 figures in sales, but the floor manager was such a bitch to me and belittled me to the point of me walking outside and crying (and I'm someone who NEVER cries).

I used to work in a drycleaners for 5 years, where it's constantly 33 degrees with no air con, the customers abuse you and you handle stained smelly clothes, but the staff made it so much nicer for me so I liked it there a lot. But that promo job at Myer, I only lasted 2 months. I will never wear heels to work again - at my current job in surf retail, we wear Havaianas so yay!

akrinis

HSC

Tell me about it. Myer's the worst place in the world when it comes to customer service. Ambermorn, I find it strange that I keep seeing old hags working there. They always give you this bitchy look. I'm so over the Clothing Departments. And why are there always old bitches working in Children's Clothing? God, why can't they find younger employees?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A

Old hag describes that floor manager perfectly! She was on such a power trip, it was insane! I wasn't even her employee, just a contractor. When I walked out of the store crying I vowed to never ever take a shift there again, thankfully they didn't need me after Christmas anyway. I met a couple of late teens there but they tend to only be in on the weekends, the rest are mature people (and a lot of them think they're perfect..but they're expendable retail workers who are ageing disgracefully hahaha).

Katherine XD

HSC
I would have to say working at hungry jacks.. yes embarassing, stop laughing.
my pay was $5 an hour, i worked shit hours like i would work to 10pm one night and have a 5am start the next day, I would get yelled at by the shithouse managers, and i would get hit on by some undesireable people.
But overall it was a good experience, it made me realise that sometimes it isn't worth all that just to earn some money and i would rather be happy.
So now instead of spending my weekends working flat out until i am exhausted, I spend my weekends with my mates, and I volunteer up at the RSPCA and i am so much happier.
I must admit though, i do miss having money. But best to look on the bright side. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)