them Sydney Trains moments (1 Viewer)

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
Re: them cityrail moments

dislikes the train announcer that speaks like thissssssssssss and sssssssssoundssssssssss like a ssssssssssnake. wth is wrong with you?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

dislikes the train announcer that speaks like thissssssssssss and sssssssssoundssssssssss like a ssssssssssnake. wth is wrong with you?
Better than the ones that you can't understand at all. It's a gamble with those trains, especially when you don't see the indicator board before you get on, and the train doesn't stop at the one station you need it too.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

Better than the ones that you can't understand at all. It's a gamble with those trains, especially when you don't see the indicator board before you get on, and the train doesn't stop at the one station you need it too.
true. like the ones with indian or asian accents.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

But don't most stations have the screen thing where the screen rolls through the list of stations that the train will stop at?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

But don't most stations have the screen thing where the screen rolls through the list of stations that the train will stop at?
Apart from Blacktown and Parramatta there hardly any stations that have a screen in the west.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

Yep Jannali doesn't have a screen, we have this old one that the dude has to manually change, which is tucked away from sight when you're on the station.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Apart from Blacktown and Parramatta there hardly any stations that have a screen in the west.
Oh, my bad. Even my piece of shit station has the screen (and every station on the Bankstown line has it), so I assumed all stations would've received at least one screen per platform. =\

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

Yeh some stations don't even have the manual ones I think, they just have a timetable poster on the wall.

spazamataz

HSC

Goulburn. Lol, you wouldn't really want to get off at any other stations between there and Sydney though. And all trains arrive and depart from the same platform! how weird

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Goulburn. Lol, you wouldn't really want to get off at any other stations between there and Sydney though. And all trains arrive and depart from the same platform! how weird
Wait. Goulburn is a main station ish, isn't it? Wouldn't it have like (relative) state of the art equipment compared to nearby stations? :p

spazamataz

HSC

Wait. Goulburn is a main station ish, isn't it? Wouldn't it have like (relative) state of the art equipment compared to nearby stations? :p
You would think so wouldn't you?
Theres some stations on the line that aren't even staffed and dont have ticket machines, so i dont get how that would work (ie. Marulan).

Oh and G-town > Bowral any day!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You would think so wouldn't you?
Theres some stations on the line that aren't even staffed and dont have ticket machines, so i dont get how that would work (ie. Marulan).
Free rides? Do trains even stop there? :p

spazamataz

HSC

Free rides? Do trains even stop there? :p
Yeah, but i've never seen anyone get on there! Its a run down station too, you have to walk across the train line to get from platform to platform, theres no bridge or anything!

KnifeySpoony

HSC

How about Casula, no indicator boards, no ticket machines, nothing.
My friend even saw transit officers there once, how shifty; considering they can probably fine people tehre without a ticket yet they can't actually purchase any.

pman

Banned
HSC

The only time Golbourn would have been any good was when the freeway passed through it, now it is just a shadow of what it used to be. Personally I prefer to live in nice green Bowral then shithole Golbourn, no offence to you personally.

And with regards to tickets, there aren't barriers at anywhere from Golbourn to Mac Square that I know of, so if you so chose you wouldn't need to buy a ticket. I've never seen a guard on the train either.
the day you don't buy a ticket is the day there's a transit officer

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

What did transit officer say?

philphie

Banned
HSC

the day you don't buy a ticket is the day there's a transit officer
true i've been fined $200 twice, $300 the third time for trying to a runner, well it was more like a walk off slowly inconspicuously-er

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)