them Sydney Trains moments (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: them cityrail moments

it's funny how if you speak a word on sydney's public transport, people think you're either insane or under the influence.
People always think their public transport is shit. I went to Melbourne and I told them their system was awesome, and they looked at me as if I was insane. Melbourne's transport beats Sydney, but they still think theirs sucks.

sinophile

HSC
N/A

Anyone remember T-Card?

I wonder how long it will take until Cityrail adopts an automatic fare paying system?

lala2

Banned
HSC

Or a TravelTen system for those who work <5 days per week. And they really need to do something about the pricing of DayTrippers. The other day when I was job hunting I caught a total of 5 trains and 5 buses, with the 5 trains all being along the same line. Because I'm still a concession I effectively pay child fare, yet there's no such thing for DayTrippers. It's either $18 for an adult or $9 for a child. Yup, no concession category. I decided instead to buy a TravelTen and just hack the costs of buying individual train tickets (and no I couldn't have bought one ticket for the whole area and simply gotten off at each station because all 5 stations I alighted at had ticket barriers).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Anyone remember T-Card?

I wonder how long it will take until Cityrail adopts an automatic fare paying system?
About 2 years after a Liberal State Government gets sworn in. :p

KnifeySpoony

HSC

People always think their public transport is shit. I went to Melbourne and I told them their system was awesome, and they looked at me as if I was insane. Melbourne's transport beats Sydney, but they still think theirs sucks.
The actual difference though is ours really is shit.
Not only that, expensive. I was talking to a relative over in brisvegas and even he laughed at our shitty "non-integrated ticketing/transport system" (well i guess it is kind of, now atleast) and our bullshit prices.
Us: $5($5.40 now) concession peakhour, my relative is onyl charged $1.93 in concession peak hour for train tickets. It's even cheaper than our off-peak bullshit.

ilikebeeef

HSC

Lets see:
-Cityrail decided to decrease the number of cars to 2 as opposed to the usual 4, and the train trip is about 3 hours, so there were people sitting on the floor
-Saw a chick beat up a little kid...
A train leaving at 4:58am is a peak hour service
And, apparently when the train gets to Moss Vale, the back two carriaged drop off, so you have to be in the front two if you want to continue on.
Wtf?? Lol. Do the dropped off carriages get picked up by another train or something?

Some old guy was masturbating in full view of everyone, and it was on my way home from school, so yes, a train with high school kids and some old man is jerking off.
On a packed train one morning this Indian guy got on at Hurstville. I could feel him rubbing up against my bum but i thought it was just the movement of the train. It was getting really weird so I turned round and he had his hand down his pants, masturbating while rubbing my ass.
probably the same guy that thought he could "discreetly" try to fondle my left boob by folding his arms and then leaning over as far as he could in the seat towards me lol
O.O

once me and my friend were on the train back from the city, and some guy around our age started showing us magic card tricks for the remainder of the trip.
Halfway through a trip, a man and his son started showing how they can make a coin disappear. Was pretty amusing.

does anyone else lol when the voice comes on and its like "This train has been delayed by *pause* 1 minute"?
Lol yep.

On The Way to Town Hall two guys (looks mentally ill) were singing Barbie Girl o_O The whole Train was like wtf??
Going home from this year's NYE at 4am, I found a warm beer bottle in my bag and I didn't want it so I uncapped it and shook it heavily (don't know why?) and the pressure was too much and it literally goes everywhere and onto around 10 people. I just got up bolted to the next carriage with my mates
^LOLs.

Yeah all that crap reminds me of the douchey old man character that Andrew Hansen played on the chaser.
Douchey old man? You mean Clive the slightly too loud commuter?

taking the stickers off the trains :)
Lol I know someone who did that and stuck them all over her folders for decoration.

In year 5 or 6 I was going to school in the train in the morning - we stopped at Epping station (I think) - and the train stopped there for ages. The train had hit a kid who had fallen down onto the tracks - police/ambulance/crowd everywhere :eek:. The kid died - I threw up. Oh the horrors of cityrail :\ :uhoh:

R.I.P. kid
Once the train stopped at Epping and I could see that there was another train which ran aground, up the slope. It was crowded, people took pictures and a Channel 9 reporter came along.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

yesterday was a travel disaster for me and my friend lol. we got our return ticket to parra in the morning, and went through the booth to wait for the train... but it wasnt coming for another 15 minutes so we decided to go to the westfield accross the road. i put my ticket in the booth to go back out, and it ate it up :( so i had to get the cityrail lady, who was a grumpy bitch, to get it out for me, and she explained that it had already been used so it wont work anymore.... but i wasnt about to get a new fkn ticket!

so yeah after we went to westfield, we realised we had 2 minutes to get back to the station!!! we ran, and just as we got on the platform the doors closed and the train left :( so we had to wait another 5 minutes for the next train....

when we got to parra, because my ticket didnt work i had to follow my friend through the ticket gate quickly when she put hers in.... however i wasnt quick enough, and almost got stuck between the little door things, so i had to jump over them and bruise my leg in the process.

later that day on the way home, the ticket gate/booth things were a lot busier, however there was a transit officer there :( but he became distracted by another person, so my friend put her ticket in and i followed her through the gate quickly and smoothly this time :D

when we got back to our station, we had to take the bus home- and then my friend realises she has absolutely no change left. i check my wallet, and ive only got $1.85 for her. so we were like, wtf are we gonna do... and so we started looking around the ground for 25 cents >_< so embarassing. then some guy comes up to us and asks us if we LOST something! and my friend goes "nah... we just need 25 cents" so the guy gave us 50c and said keep the change >.< i felt like such a scab... anywhoo, we waited at the bus stop because our 4:10pm bus was about to come any minute.... it still hadn't come at 4:30 so we were like wtf.... check the timetable at the bus stop, and apparently the bus came at 3:45, even though my friends book with the timetables said 4:10pm. and the next one wasnt coming for another hour >.<

so we went back to the westfield opposite the station for a while, then had to get her mum to pick us up from the station

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

Lol I know someone who did that and stuck them all over her folders for decoration.
thats what i did. but i had to hide it coz of the transit officers

meilz - that must've been a hell of a day. :( hows the bruise now.

i tried to go through the barriers with my ex once but it closed in on me and i couldnt force it open coz their were heaps of cityrail guys there so i went back down to the platform.

then my ex came with a ticket and we went though the gates where the city rail guys were and he was like do you have a ticket? and my ex showed him and i thought he was gonna ask me for mine but he didnt :) so that was good.

pman

Banned
HSC

love the people that put the beware of closing doors stickers over the doors so they wont open

debts

HSC
N/A

About 2 years after a Liberal State Government gets sworn in. :p
doubt it lol, but only because i don't trust the smug demeanour of bazza o'farrell.

cityrail isn't so bad actually, it's the suburban private bus network which is terribly embarrassing. ideally a city like sydney should have suburban buses which don't stop at 8 at night; which is why melbourne's trams are so so good.

sinophile

HSC
N/A

The buses aren't run by the government though, so its expected that they'll be 1984-style shit. The company needs to save money.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

doubt it lol, but only because i don't trust the smug demeanour of bazza o'farrell.

cityrail isn't so bad actually, it's the suburban private bus network which is terribly embarrassing. ideally a city like sydney should have suburban buses which don't stop at 8 at night; which is why melbourne's trams are so so good.
Yeah, Melbourne's trams are phenomenal. And in peak hour, they come once every 6 minutes.

Even at night, they come every 20 mins or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)