There's still hope (1 Viewer)

ljubo

HSC
I would just like to say that I had an ATAR of 59.85 and I was really shocked, since I had 2 band 5's but I guess my band 3 scaled me down lol

Anyway the day after I recieved a letter from uni, offering me a position in bachelor of arts :) It wasnt my top preference but I don't care, I'm in uni :D

So it is still possible to get into uni with a low ATAR :D..

Last edited:

mamoz

HSC
I would just like to say that I had an ATAR of 59.85 and I was really shocked, since I had 2 band 5's but I guess my band 3 scaled me down lol

Anyway the day after I recieved a letter from uni, offering me a position in bachelor of arts :) It wasnt my top preference but I don't care, I'm in uni :D

So it is still possible to get into uni with a low ATAR :D
you got in b of arts at wat uni?

Klutsov

HSC
It is still possible, however it is just harder to gain entrance into more popular courses.

penguin.ali

HSC

So it is still possible to get into uni with a low ATAR :D
Well done! :D

philphie

Banned
HSC
uni notre dame really is a saviour for people in yur circumstances because for an arts degree i think all you need is a band 5 or higher in english adv

ljubo

HSC
uni notre dame really is a saviour for people in yur circumstances because for an arts degree i think all you need is a band 5 or higher in english adv

Yes it is! but I didn't get a band 5 in Eng Adv lol.. I got band 3 (69)

philphie

Banned
HSC
were they in your preferences?

it's a bit odd to get a offer this early (scholarship recievers aside)

ljubo

HSC
were they in your preferences?

it's a bit odd to get a offer this early (scholarship recievers aside)
It wasn't in my preference for U Notre Dame but it was for UWS and UNSW.

I rang the uni up the other day and they said they'll be sending offers to those who got in before christmas...

ljubo

HSC
Yeah it does have a cool name lol..

But I had an interview with one of the professors in October, as far as I know, everyone that is accepted had to have had an interview lol..

philphie

Banned
HSC
Yeah it does have a cool name lol..

But I had an interview with one of the professors in October, as far as I know, everyone that is accepted had to have had an interview lol..
i think that's a pretty good policy, they obviously know sometimes your ATAR isn't an accurate interpretation of intelligence

HSC
One of my friends got into Biomedical Science at ND last year with a score in the 40's, but they gave her the offer based solely on school results (which weren't that good anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)