There's still hope (1 Viewer)

ljubo

HSC
One of my teacher's son is doing a double degree at ND (B Law/ B Commerce and he got a UAI of 88) and when he went to the interview, there was another guy who applied for the same course with a UAI of low 90's or something.. anyway she told me they rejected him because they didn't see him being a lawyer because of the way he spoke idk lol

I don't really care anyway, as long as I'm in SOMEWHERE :)

johony

HSC
oh fuck me really? i ended up with something similar and i was seriously considering UND for communications/arts. i will have to contact them soon.

jasonlouie

HSC
Is there anyway with a ATAR of 56 that you could gain a place in any course at USYD ?, i also was really shocked to have so much hope, but ended up with a huge depressing ATAR.

if anyone knows any methods of getting in, please let me know

Also, congratulations on getting your place.
i just hope there is a way for me as well

HSC
Is there anyway with a ATAR of 56 that you could gain a place in any course at USYD ?, i also was really shocked to have so much hope, but ended up with a huge depressing ATAR.

i doubt it for first year.

philphie

Banned
HSC

short andswer no, but never give up

johony

HSC

i've given up any prospect of making it in first year too.

i'll still ask about flexible entry tomorrow at notre dame, unsw and usyd to see what concessions they're willing to make - i've got EAS and good marks in 4/5 in my subjects so we'll see.

edit: actually fuck usyd, flex entry is only available if you are 5 below cutoff; probably the same for unsw too haha.

Last edited:

colinl

HSC
N/A

i'll still ask about flexible entry tomorrow at notre dame, unsw and usyd to see what concessions they're willing to make - i've got EAS and good marks in 4/5 in my subjects so we'll see.

edit: actually fuck usyd, flex entry is only available if you are 5 below cutoff; probably the same for unsw too haha.
i got atar in the low 40's, i get bonus points (uws and eas) any hope for business/commerce at UWS? cut offs are 72.55 at parra and 68.8 at campbelltown.

If not wat about financial advisng (63.4)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, I don't think you have much chance, to be honest. =\

Schoey93

HSC
Hmmm, I don't think you have much chance, to be honest. =\
Don't be a shit T...Aerath... whatever your real name is Ionno

OF COURSE you have a chance. YOU ALWAYS have a chance to make things right and succeed in life, and uni(versity) is no exception! So PLEASE PLEASE don't listen to people like Aerath he doesn't know how to cope without gettin ATAR of 98+ :(

Poor guy, Aerath

Schoey93

HSC

USYD is a bitch to get into if you don't get 80.00 or AT LEAST 75.00 and then they are really strict because of "our prestige/rep" dickheads

That said; I'm still going to USYD for medicine if I get 99.95! :hat:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath is just making a point that he doesn't have much chance getting directly into the course he wants with 5 "Bonus ATAR". Of course, he can still get in but it won't be via direct entry.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't be a shit T...Aerath... whatever your real name is Ionno

OF COURSE you have a chance. YOU ALWAYS have a chance to make things right and succeed in life, and uni(versity) is no exception! So PLEASE PLEASE don't listen to people like Aerath he doesn't know how to cope without gettin ATAR of 98+ :(

Poor guy, Aerath
I meant he has very little chance of getting into the course of his choice.

HSC
What if half of the top 20% students in NSW die suddenly on Jan 3rd?

You have a chance.

colinl

HSC
N/A
Aerath is just making a point that he doesn't have much chance getting directly into the course he wants with 5 "Bonus ATAR". Of course, he can still get in but it won't be via direct entry.

oh ok... what do you mean exactly when u say "still get in but it won't be via direct entry"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)