things you do before the exam (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
what do you do to get ready for it?
*some say take a shower to help you "wake up"
*some say go for a short run, get your blood pumping around your head
*drink some coffee to help you "wake up"
*eat a hearty breakfast

has anyone tried the above? does it work?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
i have a shower every morning anyway and as usual eat weet-bix

HSC
N/A
i usually don't have showers in the morning, but i have for last few exams.
but showers makes me too relaxed and i don't think i perform well when i am relaxed.

H.S.What?

HSC
i started drinking smart juice, u can buy like 2L bottles of it from the supermarket. Its got ginger, ginkgo and ecinacea in it which helps brain activity and circulation. Dunno how effective it is but im willing to give it a try. its really good for ur immune system as well.

HSC
i've been doing all these things - the running, breathing- don't ask, cold showers and hot ones, lolly eating, etc. before the test and they ain't been making me sharper during the tests. i've been running out of time unlike previous tests.

i refuse to drink coffee!!

HSC
N/A
H.S.What? said:
i started drinking smart juice, u can buy like 2L bottles of it from the supermarket. Its got ginger, ginkgo and ecinacea in it which helps brain activity and circulation. Dunno how effective it is but im willing to give it a try. its really good for ur immune system as well.

yep... i was thinking of natures own tablets and stuff...
the advertisment was like "ginkgo improve concentration and memory"
havn't tried it yet... but i don't think i will with only 3 exams left.

i

chinkyeye

HSC
i have a big breakfast not from maccas but like a big one like either tuna n bread n fruit ..but theres one thing i must do, have a toss no joke. it calms me down...... for da english paper 2 exam, i done it twice in da morning cos i gotta calm myself down shit lolz... well i got it gonig twice cos like i woke up around 7 and i didn't have 2 leave till 9 so i could eat breakefast , toss twice, get ready (not all in that order)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I always have bacon and egg muffins + coffee in the morning (not maccas ones)

..mmm... bacon and egg muffins...

al_x

short*
HSC
I go for a run the night before, and TRY and get a good nights sleep, no matter how much i have studied (none of this staying up all night cramming the night before)
get up at 6 coffee and revise notes
eat something (i always feel kinda sick in the morning for the first 2-3 hours after i wake up so i dont normally eat but for exams i just have an apple or something)
then shower.
i find that especially in 2 and a half or 3 hour exams i get hungry in the middle though because i dont eat beforehand, but havent found a way around this yet

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
have a really really good sleep, but try not to alter your sleeping pattern too much.
I read notes lightly in the morning after a shower then go to breakfast. Then talk to people before exam as they may tell u something u completely forgot about, i gained about 30 marks this year from that i reckon.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Showers wake me up :)

I like to make a big fruit smoothie thing aswell (oranges, bananas, rockmelon and stuff with ice, blended, YUM)

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
i go for a run the night before too... helps me sleep better.
i always have a decent breakfast anyway but on exam day especially so.
and i always have a shower in the morning. when our shower screen fogs up i draw all stupid maths formulas and things on it lol :) thats pretty sad isnt it

the_thomasu

HSC
Get up early the day before (same time as I would for exam to get into routine), study hardcore cram style _ALL_ day, some 12 hourse or so (listening to hardcore goa trance or metal the whole time), then have a good hearty dinner, a good early night, a strong short coffee after I get out of a lengthy soothing shower. And as I live about 30mins from my exam centre, I listen to hardcore goa trance pumped up insanely loud in my car and try not to run off the road with head banging. I bet the people behind me think I look retarded.. damn, I probably am when I think about it. :-/

I will let you know if these methods pay off...

A friend of mine says he watches a full lengthed movie before he goes to sleep the night before the exam.

scoby_2000

HSC
i go to sleep at 9pm (without fail) :D

get up at 5:30, have breakfast.. do two hours of work of the subject (past papers, quick revision) write a 4 page summary of the subject and thats all i read coming up to the exam

elissyia

i usually play ps2 the night before and then wake up early revise a lil pump up dance n techno in the car to get me in the mood n then say a lil prayer b4 the exam n i feel pretty good b4 the exam..

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I log onto msn and BoS at 6am

then I laugh at all the *-discuss* threads

perhaps a can of tuna and boiling water

then brush my teeth and go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)