• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

thinking beyond the hsc? (1 Viewer)

great_guns

HSC
the picture i see im my mind is me gettin a solid 70 uai (im aiming for 85+ but no chance) and still doing wot i want in life anyway. bein sucessful, inventing some lifesaving treatment or machine.

wot r ur thoughts about your future, going beyond the hsc pressure and into life?

fakingtheday

HSC
If i stick with it i can probably get a 90. But i feel destined for more wordly endeavors rather than uni or working. Writing books, writing music. Tearing holes in the universe.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well what is the whole point of journeys if you dont learn from it :eek:

im aiming for psychology/law and would be devastated if i dont get into my course :(

but i have a goal to publish my works one day :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I'm going to get a full-time job (hopefully) straight after school for a few months, then go travelling for a year, then go to uni... haven't thought past that.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
fakingtheday said:
i refuse to read da vinci code
Me too.

There are too many choices for the future. First stop is uni and medicine but I'd like to fit in some philosophy and pure math if I can (and a smattering of physics and psychology should time permit). On the side I'd like to play a bit of music. A platinum album would be nice... and an eventual nobel prize, maybe a unified theory or something? Other than that I plan to own an island beach home with perfect surf, a wall full of bass guitars, an extensive library and a large deck where I can throw nightly beach parties. All that stands in my way: the HSC.

ChrisE

HSC
speaking of beyond the hsc, after finishing the hsc last year, i took a year off to work before uni and its the best thing i could have done. im working a near 40 hour week and im looking at my uni friends doing near stuff all and doing well it makes me appreciate student life so much.
plus my friends who went straight to uni arent living it up as much as they would like, i just turned 18 a couple of months back and having a blast with plenty of money while the rest are lamenting their lack of funds and time between uni and work. i cant wait to study next year, but having a year break from study is the best thing you can do. you learn so much about life outside school and you can just go nuts and enjoy yourself.

believe the hype, da vinci code is a great book

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I honestly shudder in fear when i think about life after the HSC. i try, try so hard with all my might to imagine what the hell i'll be doing next year.... or even what i'll ber doing when im 25. Its like, its not there! i feel like im going to die before next year. What do i do?! I dont even know what im aiming for in going to school. I suppose i want a UAI, but i have no idea what for. Uni sounds good, but what bloody course do i do?! I have no ambitions, no aspirations, not even any real interest that would carry me through some type of career. I could work for a year before jumping into uni, but where do i work? Ive worked at my work now for over 3 years. I most definately want to quit after the HSC.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I want to be rich.
And famous.
And important.
Fast.

The HSC isn't helping.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hopefully I'll get a rural scholarship into photovoltaics at UNSW. There I'd like to work on methods of energy conversion and hopefully get a job at BP Solar in their research and development division. Make a bunch of money, et cetera.

Peasant dreams really which all essentially outline two things: contentment and purposefulness.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I went to see a Jobs Pathway Careers Advisor today to give advice on life beyond the HSC and what I could do.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I was planning to rob a bank - but your way is good too.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Slide Rule said:
And what did they say? :p
I have to do personaltity quizzes and then they can see what I'd be good at. It's like a psychologist.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i did one of those tests at school. It said the job most suited to me is an interior designer.
1. i dont do visual design or any other practical subjects like that
and
2. I WOULD HATE TO BE AN INTERIOR DESIGNER!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)