This is how badly I am at English... (1 Viewer)

jellybeans4me

HSC
Can anyone recommend a good related text for Module 3: Conflicting Perspectives?
We're studying 'Julius Caesar' but I cannot find another related text other than the documentary 'Go Back to Where You Came From'.

Can anyone help or shall I be doomed to fail English?

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Look on the resources section. Some kind people have uploaded information on various related texts. There pretty useful too.

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Look for a newspaper article:

I'd suggest do something about the whole Kevin Rudd/Julia Guilard story
Osama Bin Laden assassination
assassination of JFK

simply google these topics and you will have heaps of resources heading your way
They have a substantial amount of conflicting perspectives and you can easily link it to Julius Caesar!

yours

HSC
use your belonging RT? Honestly there's no trick to this. I recycled my texts from belonging and they worked fine. The teacher even made a point in the trials that common texts like To Kill a Mockingbird were marked down because she said that such well-known texts have to be analysed especially-well to get good marks. My related texts were absolutely obscure and there were no marks on the paper about them (also gives you the freedom to stretch the truth if you want... so your text is more appropriate for the question) though module C questions are the most general there are. Just find something two people disagree on in the text and pluck out some techniques. Tada it's conflicting perspectives.

Also, NO it does not have to be political or a media article or WHATEVER. That seems to be the slant for this module but it doesn't have to be! My film was just a story about a woman getting married.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)