This years ACCT1511 is freakin hard (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Distinction is still pretty good in my opinion. Congratulations on finishing your first year.
Thank you for your kind words. It's not a pretty good mark, it's just not too bad in my opinion. I probably did badly in final... I'm sure I could do better in next sem......

Alkanes

HSC
Thank you for your kind words. It's not a pretty good mark, it's just not too bad in my opinion. I probably did badly in final... I'm sure I could do better in next sem......
79 is still a spectacular mark. Well to me it is. Some might think otherwise. Were you getting full marks up until the finals?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Not bad not bad :). Distinctions are always good :p, have some faith in yourself.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
This is generally how I feel with a mark <80 :haha:

But to my understanding, a lot of unis provide past papers to students. Some subjects change barely anything on those papers except maybe two or three words or some numbers in each question, and this happens a lot in commerce subjects (personally I hate that because it feels like the people who didn't prepare properly will be given a chance to get a good mark). But that shouldn't mean you should expect every exam to be like that. You should take it upon yourself to be prepared to answer anything. It's too easy to get complacent with uni exams (particularly commerce/business subjects which aren't exactly all that hard), so at least take this opportunity as a learning experience for the future to be prepared for anything :)

And 79 isn't a bad mark and that's all that matters :haha: well done!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
This is generally how I feel with a mark <80 :haha:

But to my understanding, a lot of unis provide past papers to students. Some subjects change barely anything on those papers except maybe two or three words or some numbers in each question, and this happens a lot in commerce subjects (personally I hate that because it feels like the people who didn't prepare properly will be given a chance to get a good mark). But that shouldn't mean you should expect every exam to be like that. You should take it upon yourself to be prepared to answer anything. It's too easy to get complacent with uni exams (particularly commerce/business subjects which aren't exactly all that hard), so at least take this opportunity as a learning experience for the future to be prepared for anything :)

And 79 isn't a bad mark and that's all that matters :haha: well done!
I DID preparr for EVERYTHING. I am a person seeking for details. I prepared for al the possible questions ever came acrossed... but the questions arevjust way off the normal standard..

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I DID preparr for EVERYTHING. I am a person seeking for details. I prepared for al the possible questions ever came acrossed... but the questions arevjust way off the normal standard..
Oh well. It happens sometimes. I guess maybe your cohort was unlucky.

Like for many people who complained that 2U and 4U this year were hard, even though there is still aligning and stuff.

Did your mark get aligned up?

Also, was the final worth 57% of your course?

heyhsc

HSC
Any ideas if the rest of accounting is going to be like this as well?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh well. It happens sometimes. I guess maybe your cohort was unlucky.

Like for many people who complained that 2U and 4U this year were hard, even though there is still aligning and stuff.

Did your mark get aligned up?

Also, was the final worth 57% of your course?
I think the final worth 60%.... (3% are bonus mark .........yeah.....)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Well it doesn't matter how difficult it was, it was still a fair exam since all those eligible sat the same exam and it was under correct exam conditions. Fair does not mean easy.

If the grading distribution is different to previous years, then the marking committee should recognise this and scale the exam or final mark appropriately.
Yes. It's not unfair it's just hard for the whole cohort. But I looked at the past paper today, and it's f**king ridiculous...
What's worse is that, my tutor said we will get scaled down... Dafuq?!?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Let us pay our respects to our fallen comrades who will live to the tale of getting 40/40 internally, yet were destroyed by finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)