this years exam - band 6 cutoff? (1 Viewer)

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah perhaps.....please god i just want 80 and above......PLEASE!!

i think 9 cut off will be about 85ish...

it was a pretty good exam.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
dangerousdave said:
doesnt look like a band 6 for me :(
I doubt I'm right. You can never adequately predict these, have a punt yourself ;)

richz

i think u guys are aiming a bit too high, a 6 would prolly be a high 70 low 80, no way a high 80

Last edited by a moderator:

Hardenne

HSC
I think 87-88 is abit too high for the band 6 cut off. I think it would be more like 83-85. But agian thats just a guess

HSC
prob 80. I think it was a bit more straight forward but there was still some difficult questions. Especially in that stupid forensics option topic.

richz

Hardenne said:
I think 87-88 is abit too high for the band 6 cut off. I think it would be more like 83-85. But agian thats just a guess
i concur :)

HSC
Band 6 is nowhere near 88. In fact i believe it's 75-85 range. Because if a band 6 cut off was 88, that would almost be the same thing as the raw mark. Chemistry, in case some you you didnt know, is a high scaling subject (maybe not as high as extension subjects, but nonetheless is), so you can expect the scaling to be quite an amount.

Wrightson

I dont know how this band 6 stuff works, dont you just have to get in the 90's? i dunno im confused, but i do think ill prolly get about 85ish... so what do you lot think that'll be does it stay at 85 or go up? also im ranked 3rd, if i beat the person thats 2nd does that mean they get to steal my mark :- | better not! lol.
The test was fairly good, there was only one question that had me stumped, the battery question worth 3 marks i hate them question, i didnt answer it in the half yearly, didnt answer it in the trial, so i figured why mess with what works lol. oh well reply if u want so i can find out how this works, cheers mate.

n00b

mike is the one who answers questions correctly

yeh mike you know what the score is 88 band 6 cut off is ridiculous.

richz

well, u will still get ur exam mark for ur exam mark, but if u come first in the hsc exam, the guy coming first internally will get ur exam mark as their assessment mark and then his/her own exam mark.

rama_v

HSC
Mike Long Le said:
Band 6 is nowhere near 88. In fact i believe it's 75-85 range. Because if a band 6 cut off was 88, that would almost be the same thing as the raw mark. Chemistry, in case some you you didnt know, is a high scaling subject (maybe not as high as extension subjects, but nonetheless is), so you can expect the scaling to be quite an amount.
Actually, scaling has nothing to do with aligining ;)
So even if chem scales up, it could actually align down...The two processes are completely independent. But practically all subjects are aligned up , which is good news for us :)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I predict around 83. Basically, for myself I predict an aligned mark of 90.

100percent

HSC
Wrightson said:
The test was fairly good, there was only one question that had me stumped, the battery question worth 3 marks i hate them question, i didnt answer it in the half yearly, didnt answer it in the trial, so i figured why mess with what works
most funny thing i've read in a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)