Thongs (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
My sister refuses to buy them on account of the price (she's such a cheaparse), and buys the cheaper Target imitation haivainas, claiming they're exactly the same but they're not. They're flimsy and of shoddy quality. The real things are worth the extra money. They last ages and ages and can be worn with almost anything. $17 is quite reasonable, I think.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeah i think the price is a bit ridiculous. My mum goes on and on about how she used to wear thongs when she was a kid and they only cost like a dollar. they're just flaps of rubber! why do they have to be so expensive?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
daiana said:
does anyone get blisters from havianas? my friend and i have been arguing endlessly abt whether or not they're really "the worlds most comfortable rubber thong" yet on thsi thread heaps of ppl complain abt how uncomfry roxy ones are.. yet i find mine really comfy!!
is sth wrong with me? or are the havianas just not suited to me?
and my friend complained that the bit btwn the toes.. was way too thick, and she couldnt even walk in them!! HMM!
i wear havs because any other kind give me blisters

havs used to also, but now that i've been wearing them for ages, it's fine..i have a pair of roxy ones that i've never been able to wear because they give me blisters..so annoyed

i've never felt that the strap in between my toes was too big :S just felt normal..

nataliie

HSC
i love thongs! they go really well with jeans or a denim skirt. it's a nice and simple combination. :)

i have havianas and they are the best. they're so comfy to walk in as well. one time i got these cheapo thongs and the plastic at the front was so stiff that i couldn't walk in them. :(

Last edited:
HSC
the price of the basic havaianas is fine with me! like everyone has said, they are so durable and can stand everyday wear, and they're the most comfiest things EVER.

the other day i saw, i think it was the "flash" ones and some other type and they were $25-$30. that's just fkn ridiculous

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Just bought my first pair of thongs for 5$ (original price 15)

thongs feel weird...

they're rubber.. is that good.. lol

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I bought a pair of the metallic silver ones last week.
They are teh secksy

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thecurtainfalls said:
RRP $17.95 for your basic ones. :)
hmm i think the price went up because i bought a pair of black ones around may? for my cousins bday at hehe

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
hmm i think the price went up because i bought a pair of black ones around may? for my cousins bday at hehe
i remember them always being $17.95 since the end of 2003. maybe you got them on sale or a different store sells them for $15.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im not much of a thong person at all...not that there's anything wrong with them, i just dont like wearing them. if im at home i dont wear shoes anyway, and if i'm going out i put on proper shoes. thongs make me not feel dressed properly, sort of like going out in your pyjamas. not cool :eek:

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
yea i totally agree with the thick straps on the havs! so..billabong ones? how much are they? i assume i'd get them at surf stores?
im not sure if my toes can take rubber thongs..it annoys them.. so i just have fabric ones instead coz they dont rub against the big toe..thus no blisters..

yes i know $18 doesnt seem to be justifiable price for a pair of thongs, but many say is the best investment..i mean 2+ years of durability! (if u can wear them!)

i want yellow/red thongs.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)