Thoughts on UTS (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
What do people think of UTS because I am seriously considering changing to USyd for Commerce/Business. I have the marks and everything needed.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
What do people think of UTS because I am seriously considering changing to USyd for Commerce/Business. I have the marks and everything needed.
I find it tolerable, though there is a severe lack of the sandstone and smugness you'd get up the road.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Hmm is this like a troll convention or something?

it's not trolling when facts are being presented.

USYD pretty much slays UTS in Commerce/Business, you'll meet more ambitious, well connected, better looking students at USYD..That's a fact!!..great chance to network and make the right contacts. It's really a no brainer, the OP has already made his choice, he just wanted re-assurance, which I'm providing....

The truth is, people only go to UTS Commerce/Business because they couldn't get into their prefered course at USYD. You don't see anyone transferring from USYD to UTS for business now, do ya?

SFinspired

HSC
Good: It's not UWS

bAD: it's not USYD, UNSW or Macq
LOL

UTS is a bit of a mix. It's a not a shit uni, and its also relatively not a good uni. (Although Communications is tops there).

Overall, UNSW is better I think.

layzeehbum

HSC
it's not trolling when facts are being presented.

The truth is, people only go to UTS Commerce/Business because they couldn't get into their prefered course at USYD. You don't see anyone transferring from USYD to UTS for business now, do ya?
So not true
I didnt bother applying USYD at all coz its way too far XD
But yeah.. wud be in UNSW if I did get into their commerce instead of econ course XD

layzeehbum

HSC
I reckon its better since my friends goes der. It seems their subjects are more challenging, and you have to do more core subjects (3 semesters worth of core subs O_O) And the ppl der are more... err... competitive? HIgh standards..they expect more out of you. USYD is quite strict I reckon.
If you can cope with that.. then move?
Btw, the USYD timetable is not that flexible like UTS, you cant choose your lecs and tutes, etc. And you have to attend 80% or 90% of your classes unlike UTs which doesnt seem to care whether you're there or not. Um, you do more quizzes and class tests I heard.
And besides, if you move from UTS and USYD, the chances are you have to repeat most of the first year subs.. so not so sure if its worth it or not.

jaihson

HSC
I've studied at both UTS and USYD. I haven't studied business, but communications. In my experience, both are good. I found the subjects at Usyd to be more rigorous, and you are taught at a much faster pace. I don't know if that goes for all subject areas though.

But really, go to usyd. It's a no-brainer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)