three sciences!! is any1 else doin 3?? (1 Viewer)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Yeah, i can't wait until Year 12 Physics. In our first lesson this year, one guy asked whether we had to do the complicated maths on the board (he sounded very scared!). The teacher said that is was Year 12 stuff to do with time travel and he told us a bit about it, but then said we didn't have to worry about it for now and I was like noooo, it sounds so interesting! I've read a bit about it and I can't wait till we study it!
Me either!! ... Apart from the motor business that is :mad1: :p

Gee we sound like two physics nerds so eager to get into the mind-boggling stuff :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Trust me, the HSC physics course so far in my experience is absolutely intriguing! ...except for maybe motors and generators. You guys'll probably love it. XD

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Hopefully Physics will start getting interesting because right now, we're doing waves...

and personally, I find it boring.

Suprisingly, I'm enjoying chemistry and I'm actually handling it better than I thought so far.

Biology is by far my most hated science subject right now because I hate ecosystems, sampling population and environment stuff. I chose Biology for the genetics and human body topics but the prelim has none of that! :(

P

pLuvia

~shinigami~ said:
Hopefully Physics will start getting interesting because right now, we're doing waves...

and personally, I find it boring.

Suprisingly, I'm enjoying chemistry and I'm actually handling it better than I thought so far.

Biology is by far my most hated science subject right now because I hate ecosystems, sampling population and environment stuff. I chose Biology for the genetics and human body topics but the prelim has none of that! :(
lol, what do you expect. Nar biology was great fun in year 11, too bad I dropped it in year 12. Don't worry keep it till year 12 and you can be doing all the molecular biology you want :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. physics is fun! ^_^
i don't know why many people think of it as the "hard" subject.

special relativity plays with your mind ... haha. love it ^^

motors and generators aren't that bad. i've been accelerating learning it myself; and doesn't really focus on "machines" per se. it focuses moreso on the actual components of motors and generators; "BACK EMF"; direction of the current or watever in the coil. and yeah.

it's a really cool subject.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hey; well i didn't think much of motors and generators until i read it!
don't judge a book by its cover black cat! :p

doesn't beat the subject of space though!!!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
webby234 said:
I agree - space is interesting, but motors and generators is boring. If you get a choice, do astrophysics.
We met one of the syllabus writers at Cosmology. He had some interesting things to say in the defence of the syllabus, which some teachers dislike.
lol. i wanna do astrophysics; but teacher said that we're gonna be doing q2q. as he is more familiar with that topic than any other.

lol. i don't mind the syllabus ... its just sometimtes it's a bit too "brief"

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
shinji said:
hey; well i didn't think much of motors and generators until i read it!
don't judge a book by its cover black cat! :p

doesn't beat the subject of space though!!!
Are you implying I am superficial? :p

I did Physics last year at my school (subjects work differently to my new school and NSW) and we studied how radiators work and it was SO BORING!!! I think it could have been the teacher too though, he kind of sucked.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Are you implying I am superficial? :p

I did Physics last year at my school (subjects work differently to my new school and NSW) and we studied how radiators work and it was SO BORING!!! I think it could have been the teacher too though, he kind of sucked.
of course i am! :p haha.

of course; i've onli done accelerated studying of m&g. . so i dunno how it is in-class. my teacher has the habit of going slow-ish .. we were supposed to have started doing m&g ... but he's doing some review over special relativity.

which the rest of the class really needed. .. ..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I think that most of the people here really like physics, going by the posts in the last page
I hate physics so far im stuck with the worst teacher in the whole school for 2 years, he always gets formulas wrong and doesnt explain things properly. Im going to get tutored soon.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Well, last year I hated Physics, my teacher was terrible and the material was boring. I guess it comes down to the teacher, a good one can make any subjet interesting. I've been pretty lucky actually, all my teachers are good.

HSC
I've now started physics, and I love it!! Now I know I made the right decision changing classes!! :D

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I've now started physics, and I love it!! Now I know I made the right decision changing classes!! :D
Yay! Now you can be a crazy Physics lover too! :p
So what class did you change from?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)