Timetable for MW (1 Viewer)

blake.stuart

HSC
hey, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent schedule or something that their teacher/tutor/whatever has given them in terms of what you should be doing/completeing for EE2 MW?

just curious about how they think we should be moving and i know that some people have already finished drafts etc and was just wondering how all that is working out.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
... I dunno about timetables but at about this time last year I had ~1500/8000 done. No one in my group had finished any first drafts, some had done ~2000/8000 and some had done precisely 0.

Our aim was to have it completely finished with about three weeks to spare and then spend the rest of the time on self & peer editing + reflection statement. Of course it didn't exactly happen that way, but it was a good plan in theory :D.

Maybe sit down with your own teacher and try to work out a suitable timetable because these things are extremely personal due to the unique nature of your work.

stleonard

HSC
At our school it was...(for short story).

First term --> Concept, and initial research.
Second term --> More research, more development, beginning of a draft. They wanted us to have 1000 words finished by the end of the second term.
Holidays between second and third term --> Our teacher wanted us to draft 4000 words of the Major Work. I know this seems like a lot...but for me, it took a way a lot of the stress later. You just have to keep working at it...it actually isn't too bad. I found doing a thousand words a day was fairly achievable, and only took away four days of the holidays.
Third term --> Complete the Major Work draft.

Then, the third term holidays can be used to complete the reflection statement, and edit the major work until it is perfect. That way, there's no stress nearer to the trials. This is what I've been following, and I've found it pretty good. I'm at 6000 words right now, and will finish the next two thousand over the next few weeks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)