timetable is out for sem2 2014 (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Progressively getting closer to the enrolment start date - my time is: 01/05/2014 16:00. I bet Law is first as usual.
D94 you psychic!!

Yea I am enrolling on 30/04/2014 11:00. However, 3rd year and 5th year law students are also enrolling then >.> The system has crashed the last two times they did this >.> You think they would learn lol.

Not sure about 2nd years thought but I know 1st years are enrolling on like 02/05/2014 think 9:00?

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
is there a chance the times of classes will be changed before enrolment?

D94

HSC
N/A
is there a chance the times of classes will be changed before enrolment?
Highly unlikely. Enrolments are in 2 weeks; changing times will most likely mean changing rooms and that is a massive task of organising. They might add more times or remove whole time slots for tutorials (unless it's clear that all tutorials run at the same time), but I'd say the lecture times won't change.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Highly unlikely. Enrolments are in 2 weeks; changing times will most likely mean changing rooms and that is a massive task of organising. They might add more times or remove whole time slots for tutorials (unless it's clear that all tutorials run at the same time), but I'd say the lecture times won't change.
I had a tutorial get moved rooms one week before O-week, after I had already printed out my timetable, without notice.

Its possible but highly unlikely.

D94

HSC
N/A
yeah i wish it was 2x2hr lectures instead of 4x1hr, btw does book help or will course pack be enough for discrete?
I didn't do discrete, but I don't ever recall my friend using a textbook for discrete. Go with the course pack first, then if you need the textbook, just borrow it from the library. Or borrow it first, keep renewing it and see how you go.

Thief

!!
HSC
yeah i wish it was 2x2hr lectures instead of 4x1hr, btw does book help or will course pack be enough for discrete?
I'm doing 1081 right now and everything is recorded on echo360. Don't be afraid to schedule your timetable so that all you have on a certain day is just 1hr of discrete lecture and nothing else, so you can stay home that day. That's what I would've done.

HSC
N/A
That's typical for discrete maths though.... But still unlucky.
But the lecturer is one of the best :). More people might understand the subject better next semester. Also don't buy any textbook, they are most likely in the notes, at least for chapter 3 and 4.

About timetable: Check out https://my.unsw.edu.au/classutil/index.html as Octangles does not list tentative classes which may open up in the future.

jameeeesto

HSC
Damn wtf is up with comp sci students getting to enroll only on the 7th of may? Will this cause a lot of free elective/gen ed courses to be taken up?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn wtf is up with comp sci students getting to enroll only on the 7th of may? Will this cause a lot of free elective/gen ed courses to be taken up?
Possibly as almost everyone needs to do Gen Ed at some point in their degree

D94

HSC
N/A
If you are in your first or second year, then that is normal. Earlier years have lesser priority. There's like a list of 100+ courses that are also considered as gen eds, so the argument that you won't get a specific one, won't fly with your School.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)