timetable woes (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
The timetable builder on the website has me confused, especially since my brain has been in floppy, no school mode for the last, oh I don't know, three months. According to one of the booklet things I got in the mail, the courses that I have to do are ECON1101, MATH1115, LAWS1201 and LAWS1203. Are these the only courses a first year LLB Actuarial kiddie can do or just the suggested program?

The other thing is, my timetable is quite full of clashes, and there don't seem to be any tutorials for eithor LAWS1201 or ECON1101. What the hell?

Oh, and any suggestions on which tutorial/lecture times are best?

Venusian

HSC
Chances are youre clashes arent really clashes just tutorials, have you tried just selecting (with the check boxes next to each session) just your lectures?
Also i think they run ECON1101 in the morning and afternoon (that is the lecture is repeated) so theres another option (afternoon can be better cos they tend to be in the smaller lecture theaters and you can see and hear stuff better)

I dont do a double degree but it'd be unlikely for them to tell you to do subjects that clash especially for first year, have you gone to melville hall for your enrollment, sometimes they switch semeters for perscribed courses (eg in econ they swapped EMET1001 and STAT1008 so that EMET ran in Sem 1 and for most students STAT was in Sem 2)? the other thing too from what ive heard from double degree LLB/Actuarial and LLB/Econ (and im sure for anything else 'cept LLB/Arts) kids is that you basically get no choice until second semester in your second year.

As for tutorials, especially with the School of Econ, you wont have the foggiest idea until the first week of classes, and your lecturer will let you know when you can enrol in ETA (like isis but smaller for college of econ and comm tutes only)
Though since youre doing ECON1101 and theres literally hundreds of people doing it theres pretty much a tutorial every hour

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Both of those programmes by themselves have cor courses. To combine them means that you'll probably get no electives. That first year combo looks about right. Looking into it, I think I'm right. Next semester you definitely have 2 more law subjects, 1 more maths subject, and very likely one more economics or commerce subject.

Note that some of the large teaching groups don't run 100% of the time):

"NOTE: School of Economics has asked that some activities (usually tutorials) belonging to this module not be published."

This explains the lack of tutorials you noted, and also is why there may still be lecture/tutorial clashes (though it is highly highly unlikely given you are doing a pretty mainstream degree combo)

I cannot tell if you will have clashes or not. I could make a timetable (one of many possible ones) for you now without clashes, but the timetable builder doesn't have all the data (Econ tutorials missing), so that wouldn't be very helpful I don't think. Oh well, see below:

Reference: http://timetable.anu.edu.au/class/m...H1115_S1Y&weeks=1-52&days=1-7&intYear=&type=7

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You should do the suggested program otherwise you will make everything FAR more difficult.

The law kiddies should be able to help you with the law stuff (which will be what is confusing the whole thing by being everywhere). In short you dont go to all of the law things on the timetable just some.

To make it easier and because of course size econ1101 runs morning and afternoon, the lectures are duplicates and you just go to the one that suits eg slept in - go to the afternoon one...... miss that too then listen to it online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)