or you could try and get them second hand when they are not so expensive

GloomyBear

HSC
Wow, pricey books o.o;;;
That's nearly 1 month pay gone ;__;
Do they sell only new books at that shop? :(

Can someone help me with hecs? ^^;
I paid $500 but they havent discounted the amount from the account summary? :/
Like when I looked at it last week it had the discount shown on there..
or is it best to ring up? :/

I haven't really got time to go visit before ACU before hand :/
I work and there's the Japanese summer festival on..+_+;
I'm buying on of those train & bus passes too :D
The red one zone one? :3

Melody

HSC
N/A
I'm a student/staff member at Strathfield entering my 5th year and I'm still figuring out which room is where! Trust me when I say many of the room numbers do not make sense.

Definitely come to orientation and go on a campus tour. Print off your timetable beforehand and you can check off the rooms you will be in :)

To give you a general idea, on Strathfield campus only, C in front of a room number means Clancy building which is the newer building just down from main buildings. CL, however, means computer lab. TS stands for teaching space.

Don't stress, just ask someone :) everyone is really friendly and willing to help :)

I'll prob be on the Second Hand bookstore Mon-Tues, raising funds for our fellow students in East Timor, come along and say hi, maybe buy a few books :)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
catch the bus what i am going to do is buy a travel pass covers me for train and buses
I still have my concession card which is still valid until the end of next month......got it last year. lol
What's the travel pass? Is that different? hehehe

BoyNextDoor

HSC
HSC
Cool, thanks for this.
This will really help. :)

But wait a second, shouldn't we wait until our first lecture, cause that's when they tell us if we need the textbook?
This is only a price estimate
You can wait until the lectures just incase. But the lines at CO-op book store are very long in the first two weeks.

What campus r u goin 2?

GloomyBear

HSC
I'll prob be on the Second Hand bookstore Mon-Tues, raising funds for our fellow students in East Timor, come along and say hi, maybe buy a few books :)
Where is the store? :0

Yeh I'm going to the orientation~ Is Thursday that much different than the other days?

I still have my concession card which is still valid until the end of next month......got it last year. lol
What's the travel pass? Is that different? hehehe
It covers train and bus routes in a certain sections.
TravelPass - Sydney Buses
Like it's an actual pass than concession card 0-0'

Melody

HSC
N/A
Where is the store? :0
I'm on Strathfield campus. We'll be under the archways near the quad. Books are assorted clear outs from people's bookcases, not textbooks as such. We raise money for students at the teacher's college in east timor throughout the year :)

Yeh I'm going to the orientation~ Is Thursday that much different than the other days?
If you go here: Orientation 2009 - ACU National (Australian Catholic University) and then click on your campus then on your course, you will find out what is happening when on each day. The week starts off with mainly information sessions with the end of the week being more workshop based.

I'm helping to give the community engagement session on Tuesday afternoon :)

BoyNextDoor

HSC
This is only a price estimate
You can wait until the lectures just incase. But the lines at CO-op book store are very long in the first two weeks.

What campus r u goin 2?
Oh ok.
Yep, I will wait for my first week of lectures to find out from my lecturers...

BoyNextDoor

HSC
It covers train and bus routes in a certain sections.
TravelPass - Sydney Buses
Like it's an actual pass than concession card 0-0'
Oh, so you live near the city....cause that's for Sydney Buses. hehehe lol

But doesn't out Student ID card from ACU have some sort of sticker or print on it that acts as a concession card/travel pass or something?

Celtic-Faerie

HSC
I'm fairly unhappy with my timetable actually. My lectures and tutorials are inconsistent and I've only got Mondays off with significant gaps between classes.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Didn't you try and pick the best times for you, using Tutorials Direct?

GloomyBear

HSC
Melody- Ohh ok xD
I'm going to the North Sydney one >.<

BoyNextDoor- Yeh..I'm from the eastern suburbs lol o-o;
the sticker will just represent like we can buy tickets at concession prices otherwise we have to pay adult fare?
I've never caught the train by myself..cept from bondi to city haha.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Oh I see.
Yep, that's what it does.......so we get to pay at concession prices for both the trains and buses. :)
So I don't think we need to apply for a travel pass. Because of that.

Celtic-Faerie

HSC
^
Didn't you try and pick the best times for you, using Tutorials Direct?
No, I actually picked the times which would be most conflicting with my schedule /sarcasm

It seems I did not receive my preferences, however, I did leave it later than I should have. It's not an issue, I am sure I can find a way to entertain myself between classes :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Oh I see.
Yep, that's what it does.......so we get to pay at concession prices for both the trains and buses. :)
So I don't think we need to apply for a travel pass. Because of that.
travel pass is different to what it was at school, this one is just a weekly, train and bus ticket, that covers you anywhere in area, as many times as you want in that week, heaps cheaper then individual tickets

Roy9

HSC
Hey guys, this isn't timetable related but I have noticed this thread is a bit active so I thought I'd post my question here:

Where/how do you check your ACU email? And how do you find out your password?

mz`ds

HSC
Hey guys, this isn't timetable related but I have noticed this thread is a bit active so I thought I'd post my question here:

Where/how do you check your ACU email? And how do you find out your password?
when you go on the home page of acu - Home - ACU National (The Australian Catholic University) on the right side of the page it says "login" then scroll down to email and it will take you to another page which says: All Students How to Access Email.
your password is your birthdate dd/mm/yyyy. eg: 02/11/1990.
hope that helps :)

HSC
No, I actually picked the times which would be most conflicting with my schedule /sarcasm

It seems I did not receive my preferences, however, I did leave it later than I should have. It's not an issue, I am sure I can find a way to entertain myself between classes :)
If yor first year, they always get the WORSt preferences!
it wil get better ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)