timetables (1 Viewer)

spence

HSC
ok wtf... ive just noticed that two of my math subjects only have lectures at 8am or 11am (on two days) for both...

now i know that for one of them, im going to have to go to the 8am lecture on friday because i have the WORK1003 lecture (there is only one, and its on friday from 10 til 12) which is absolute shit because it takes me 1.5 hours to get to uni wtf. although i dont really understand it..

Each student enrolled goes to one of the following 2 classes. Class allocations are preserved on 07/03/10.
A Thu 08:00 [1 to 13 of sess 1], Fri 08:00 [1 to 4, 6 to 13 of sess 1]
B Thu 11:00 [1 to 13 of sess 1], Fri 11:00 [1 to 4, 6 to 13 of sess 1]

could somebody please explain what that means? does it mean that because of my WORK1003 clash on the friday, i will have to go to the thurs and fri 8am lectures, or can i just go to the 11am thurs lecture and fri 8am lecture?
You'll be put into group A, so you'll be allocated both the 8am ones, but you may still be able to go to the Thurs 11am one. Although if there are different lecturers, it may be hard, as they may split up the week differently

Soubrette

HSC
great, cant wait to wake up at 5am on thursdays and fridays for a whole semester, YAY!

if i get the 8am lectures on tues and wed as well, i think i might die.
I had a friend doing maths at usyd, and he said that your brain applies itself better to maths early in the morning, hence these 8am starts :(. But, sound like death! I hope you find a good coffee place!

KarmaKitten

HSC
Simply constantly refreshing your timetable page won't guarantee you the timetable you want. That can be dangerous actually, as you might get a worse timetable.

You need to specificy which days/or period you can't do. Hopefully it will give it to you.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i havent got or modified my timetable yet, i just know that for one of my math subjects i will have to go to the 8am lectures on thurs and fri because the 11am session clashes with another one of my units. (i found this out by looking up the class times for all my units on the myuni student website)

HSC
i havent got or modified my timetable yet, i just know that for one of my math subjects i will have to go to the 8am lectures on thurs and fri because the 11am session clashes with another one of my units. (i found this out by looking up the class times for all my units on the myuni student website)
When I saw those 8am times I was like fuck off. I hope I dont get the 8am time slot :/

bio_nut

HSC
8am maths isn't that bad, you get used to it. If you go to the 11am ones, you might have to stand or sit on the floor, they tend to be PACKED. (no one wants to come earlier if they can help it)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You'll be put into group A, so you'll be allocated both the 8am ones, but you may still be able to go to the Thurs 11am one. Although if there are different lecturers, it may be hard, as they may split up the week differently
There is nothing stopping one going to the 11am lecture. The lecturers should be roughly in sync.

bio_nut

HSC
There is nothing stopping one going to the 11am lecture. The lecturers should be roughly in sync.
Except not having a seat, lol. 11am ones were always ridiculous. Sitting on the stairs in carslaw lecture theatres SUCKS.

cathyjun28

HSC
last year i could only go to the 8am maths lectures, so i had four 8am starts every week. so tired :sleep: so glad that i don't have anymore this year :D

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah when you say it like that 8am isnt that bad. But, i live so far from the uni that i have to catch the 6.18am train to redfern which gets there at about 7.30am, and i cant get a later train because theres only a train to the city every half hour from my station. And it'll take me about 15 minutes to drive to the station and get parking, meaning i have to leave the house at about 6am. meaning i have to wake up at 5am to shower and get ready, etc.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

... so does this mean that even though my timetable says i have to go to the 8am maths lecture on Thursday, i can just skip it and go to the 11am one instead, even though i probably wont get a seat? would it have the same content as the one i missed at 8am do u think?

bio_nut

HSC
Well that's silly if it takes you an hour to get ready! Seriously, get ready quicker and sleep longer instead! I live far away too and had to get early trains.

No one cares what you look like at 8am, do your makeup later. I used to get up 20 mins before I had to leave. Shower, dress, quick brekky, go!

bio_nut

HSC
... so does this mean that even though my timetable says i have to go to the 8am maths lecture on Thursday, i can just skip it and go to the 11am one instead, even though i probably wont get a seat? would it have the same content as the one i missed at 8am do u think?
Roughly, yes, though sometimes they finish on a slightly different point.

Remember, it IS exactly the same course!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It's the same course with the same syllabus. Some have mentioned different endings, but for assessment purposes you are taught exactly the same thing. The quizes, assignments and final exam are all the same for everyone.

holly.holliday

HSC

how do you look up the class times?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)