Tips for organisation for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

2loseyourmind4

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys have any organisation tips for people going into year 11 next year?

Im not an extremely organised person, but i can keep everything in check.

I've seen some people say things about having 2 books for some subjects and was wondering why so.

If you guys have any advice in general it would be much appreciated!! :tennisclap:

Subjects:

Ancient
Business
Mathematics (2U)
Chemistry
English (Advanced)
SOR 1
Photography

Jakulore

HSC
I found it best to make a study timetable and try to stick with it, if you get into the habit now it will be easier for you when you are in Year 12 and completing the HSC. If you are unorganised it may be a bit trickier to stick to so I recommend just starting small with the amount of time you put out studying and then work your way up as you better acclimatise yourself to the schedule.

I can't speak for most of your subjects, but for English Advanced and Ancient History, you just need to make sure you stay on top of everything. Read all of your texts in a timely manner, and summarise what you have learned into note form shortly after learning it to save yourself time and stress in the long run!

Most importantly of all, relax! Try your best, and you can't disappoint yourself!! Good luck! :)

dianethedog

HSC
N/A
I'm entering grade 11 next year, I don't know if I should study accounting or informational technologies...

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm entering grade 11 next year, I don't know if I should study accounting or informational technologies...
You can list the pros and cons for studying and non studying each subject and choose the subject that gives you the most pros.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
To be honest, what I liked best during Year 12 was having a bullet journal. But that shit gets complicated at times.

To keep things simple, I used a notepad and every day (for my after school routine), jotted 3 - 5 things down that I needed to do. I also tended to break these tasks into smaller tasks to enable myself to know what I need to focus on in the present in order to move onto the next task.

In addition, I also used a timer so that I was working under pressure and that I wouldn't stay on something for hours.

egal

HSC
In terms of organising tasks, I'd make daily/weekly to do lists and try to do extra tasks like practice questions/making notes before homework.

The prelim course for ancient is kinda weird, but if you write notes from the textbook as you go, you'll be sweet. The HSC course is more straightforward

Business, I'd recommend a glossary, (for me it helped to make crosswords out of the terms) and then your usual study notes

Mathematics 2u is the only subject id recommend having two books for, have one for doing exercises and one for writing key formulas and examples.

English is fun, I'd recommend reading the texts you have before you need to for school (or at least summarys and analysis online)

Just read ahead and it will come easier, work hard but not too hard. Don't burn yourself out in prelim, take care of yourself and go out with your friends plenty. Being happy is much more important than your prelim marks so don't get too caught up in thinking that the atar is the be all and end alll. Everything in moderation and you'll do great! Good luck xxx

WildestDreams

HSC
For Business studies definitely keep on top of your work. Its extremely simple and isn't time consuming so make sure it's not one of the subjects you are behind on.
Instead of using books however, I recommend you using binder arc folders using loose sheets as your notes. With this you can store all your sheets and notes in one place. And you can change the order of your work. IIts really good I'm not really bothered giving more reasons but it's sreally ddgood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)