To the stooges who wrote more than 8 pages per question (1 Viewer)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
superbird said:
ur obviously jealous because u couldnt do better

Wrong again sunshine.

Like i said before, if the Bored of Studies wanted to imply that you had to write excessive amounts, they would have provided extra booklets before the exam began.

Like that other clown, you can also sit down.

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
the modules are huge and especially for transformations there are many different aspects:
themes, values, characters, language, conventions etc. just cause you write more than one booklet doesnt mean that its not quality writing! you could write three pages of shit! yet some people can write 10 to 14 pages of quality writing!
how do you know about prepared essays, well duh you get your teachers to mark them and you experiment in trials! Plus if your prepared essays has all the multiple parts of the module you can pick and choose what to put in and how to mould it to the answer. sounds like you ran out of time and didnt finish - why dont you find a rock and crawl underneath it, no one wants to hear your whining

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
vicburke said:
the modules are huge and especially for transformations there are many different aspects:
themes, values, characters, language, conventions etc. just cause you write more than one booklet doesnt mean that its not quality writing! you could write three pages of shit! yet some people can write 10 to 14 pages of quality writing!
how do you know about prepared essays, well duh you get your teachers to mark them and you experiment in trials! Plus if your prepared essays has all the multiple parts of the module you can pick and choose what to put in and how to mould it to the answer. sounds like you ran out of time and didnt finish - why dont you find a rock and crawl underneath it, no one wants to hear your whining
this coming from somone who claims Matthew Burke is the best ever rugby player :lol: how can i take you seriously?

Your telling me that in 40 minutes (yes that right 2 hours to do 3 essays = approx 40 mins per essay) you have enough time to plan what your going to put in and not put in from a planned response, yet at the same time adress the question but write up to 20 pages???

I think we are running out of seats here...

superbird

HSC
i think somebody here has nothing better to do with their time than to criticize those who didn't plan their essays well.
i suggest u get off and start studying for maths next week.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Myg0t, what is the point of this thread? Why don't you vent elsewhere....
No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get beyond 8 pages in 40 minutes. That's not because I don't have any more to say, but because I just can't write any faster. Some people can - I wish I was one of them, but there's no need to have a go at them just because I'm not.

Some people probably are just bluffing their way through 14 pages, but I'm sure others are just genuinely giving it their all. Either way, it doesn't concern you. Your argument that if the BOS wanted heaps of writing, then they would have bigger booklets is ridiculous - if they DIDN'T want people to write as much as possible, they wouldn't have extra writing booklets available. There's no need to waste paper providing 20 pages to everyone when only some will use it. If you had read the notes from the marking centres they often comment that stronger responses used 2 booklets.

renny

ok d00d. here are the facts - look at the 2 opening paragraphs of my essay and tell me whether or not i "answered the question"

"In 1961, E.H. Carr in his seminal work observed, ‘Every human being at every stage of history, or pre history is born into a society and from his earliest years moulded by that society.’ Carr’s statement can be applied to the textual arena, and emphasises the extent to which conceptual matrices inherently determine literary discourse. Such conceptual matrices are intimately shaped by our contemporary context and culture. Thus literary practice can be established as being influenced by culture. Indeed the two temporally and contextually diverse texts Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World and Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner, manage to satirically represent humanity’s dysfunctional relationship with nature. Whilst the subtleties of these texts have been shaped by contemporary context, they largely exhibit similar dystopic definitions of ‘the wild’ and the prospect of human advancement.

Scott’s eclectic pastiche BR, drawing on elements of ‘Film Noir’, science fiction, and the detective genres, denounces assumptions about the evolution of civilised society. The film implicitly challenges our interpretation and understanding of ‘the wild.’ Indeed humanity’s non-existent relationship with ‘the wild’ appears to have hurled Scott’s futuristic society, into a veritable moral ‘wilderness.’"

ill let u be the judge

Ziff

HSC
N/A
myg0t said:
This tells me two things,
1. You have written absolute garbage, quantity not quantity. How the hell can you write a band 5/6 essay that completely adresses all aspects of teh question in the given time frame.

2. You have extremely large writing and/or fat fingers

I think if BOS would have wanted you to write more in the first place, the examiners would have provided extra booklets initially.

If i were an english marker, 9pm on a friday evening well then its good night sally horn if you think they'll be bothered reading through it all...
Check the band 5/6 and exemplar answers in the standard packages you gouche.

Band 5/6 answers are usually approx. 7-9 pages (often more than one booklet)

Exemplar answers are usually approx. 10-13 pages (always more than one booklet)

BlindGuardian

OMG this is the thing...all theses ppl that write 5000 pages dont necessarily write more!
my essays were all bout 1000 words each and i wrote only 7 pages.
Some other people may have written 1000 words but takn up 2 booklets taht doesnt count for shit
i write about 11 words per line whereas i know most ppl do bout 5-6
the number of pages doesnt matter if anything compare the number of words and the quality of ur shit

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
guys... Guys... GUYS LISTEN

I basically threw up on my paper 2 - all these random sentences I heard this year, splattered onto the defenseless writing booklet. I filled up 7 and a half pages of pure and utter mess...

What's done is done.

Candypants

myg0t said:
1. You have written absolute garbage, quantity not quantity. How the hell can you write a band 5/6 essay that completely adresses all aspects of teh question in the given time frame.

I think if BOS would have wanted you to write more in the first place, the examiners would have provided extra booklets initially.

If i were an english marker, 9pm on a friday evening well then its good night sally horn if you think they'll be bothered reading through it all...

Could it be that you are jealous of us 8pageplus people who can fit in extra information?

Sure they say quality not quantity; but 12 pages of quality is better than 8 pages of quality.

I had incredible concise notes for Module A, for instance, and it was the most succinct, best argument stuff. I wrote 14 pages, but still didn't fit it all in.

In effect, I wholeheartedly disagree that people who have the ability to write FASTER must henceforth write crap.

And no; the BOS people give you 8 page booklets because that's what the majority of students write. The ones who go over the limit, at face value, identify themselves as better students.
[That is not an attack on anyone who can only write 8 or less than 8 pages. Please nte the words, 'at face value'.]

So stop whinging, and learn to write faster.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
myg0t said:

Well i got two booklets each question and in 40 minutes usually write about 12 pages of BoS booklet - and not to sound up-myself but i am one of the top two english students at my school - and my writing is rather normal.

i know my texts very well and have worked exceptionally hard - thats why i can 'pump out' on excess on 8 pages in an exam thank u

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
You say what you wrote is quality stuff but you're not expecting a band 6?

Who cares what other people do, they might write big, they might write fast and they probably do have a lof of quality stuff to talk about.

Some people seriously need to grow up and stop thinking about what others do.

grimreaper

HSC
Ziff said:
Check the band 5/6 and exemplar answers in the standard packages you gouche.

Band 5/6 answers are usually approx. 7-9 pages (often more than one booklet)

Exemplar answers are usually approx. 10-13 pages (always more than one booklet)
erm no thats not right. I have an exemplar answer for frontline which is 8 pages. I have band 5/6 answers which fill two booklets as well. Another thing I should mention is that my tutor marks module C for advanced english every year, and she says A LOT of the people who go into 2+ booklets do ramble on about irrelevant crap\story line, however there are equally some people who put the extra pages to good use - it really is about quality, not quantity

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
nope
i wrote a line with 4 words on wednesday, cause they were all massive words :)

but yeh ppl do like 4-7 on average i think
Yeah I tend to do like 6-7 wpl

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
myg0t said:

i wrote in adv eng
section1 8 pages
section2 5 pages (suck my dick Lear)
section3 8 pages

i aced both section 1 and 3 but fucking lear can suck my dick.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
myg0t said:

worry abt ur own fuckin mark n00b ... just coz ur jealous others can write more than u

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
withoutaface said:
Yeah I tend to do like 6-7 wpl
Hehehe, as pathetic as it is, i actually BOTHERED to count how many words i was doing p/line in Paper Two..... i was probably averging about five or six, sometimes four, but sometimes up to eight. It varied ;)

Managed 25pgs all up for paper two..... i was really quite impressed with that perfromance hehe :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)