Toddler art fools gallery (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Art gallery fooled by toddler's work

A Melbourne gallery has reportedly been fooled into showing the artwork of a toddler.
Fitzroy gallery director Mark Jamieson judged the vivid paintings of Aelita Andre good enough to feature in his Brunswick Street Gallery after it was recommended by Russian-born photographer Nikka Kalashnikova, The Age has reported.

Rainie

HSC
We know that she's going to be one of a artist in the making.. :D

But meh..abstract art is difficult to tell, but..as far as I know, they can be..pricey.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Rainie said:
We know that she's going to be one of a artist in the making.. :D

But meh..abstract art is difficult to tell, but..as far as I know, they can be..pricey.
I remember around a year'ish ago i was watching the news and there was a large blank white canvas on sale as art.... for $40,000

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i saw this on the news today - i gotta admit that kid can really paint a masterpiece

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
georgefren said:
How Is That Art?!
Often people don't understand how abstract paintings can be considered art. Its often the painters intention for the painting to look like its painted by a 2 year old, they are trying to mimic the way a two year old 'just paints' with no regard for likes/dislikes/meaning/concepts, they believe this is pure art, it just 'is'.

Pace_T

HSC
-may-cat- said:
Often people don't understand how abstract paintings can be considered art. Its often the painters intention for the painting to look like its painted by a 2 year old, they are trying to mimic the way a two year old 'just paints' with no regard for likes/dislikes/meaning/concepts, they believe this is pure art, it just 'is'.
and those people are fucking idiots.

the guy isn't embarrassed because he shows off the artwork of a 2 year old, he's embarrassed coz now its crystal clear that abstract art is athetic garbage and anyone can make an abstract artwork that could be put in a gallery

these artists, and those who promote the paintings are scumbags and i hope they all go broke.

georgefren

HSC
I see your point. However - this is not that. This is a 2 year old kid fingerpainting. Do not call it art.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Pace_T said:
and those people are fucking idiots.

the guy isn't embarrassed because he shows off the artwork of a 2 year old, he's embarrassed coz now its crystal clear that abstract art is athetic garbage and anyone can make an abstract artwork that could be put in a gallery

these artists, and those who promote the paintings are scumbags and i hope they all go broke.
never said i agree with them, that's just what they believe

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
georgefren said:
I see your point. However - this is not that. This is a 2 year old kid fingerpainting. Do not call it art.
lol, maybe the kid was trying to express his inner feelings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)