• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tony Abbott - Do you want him as PM? (2 Viewers)

You think the 2010-11 Federal Election should go to the:

• Labor Party under Kevin Rudd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal Party under Tony Abbott

• Other

• Total voters

BOS Negro

HSC
Obama is a jerk-president.

Everybody hates his corporate bailout, reckless spending, retarded healthcare plans and outright infringements on personal liberty.
have u seen that nigga play bball?

he play that basketball like butter play toast

he got game

fuck his policies, aint nobody from my hood care about his policies

BOS Negro

HSC
abbot>rudd

nothing>ridiculous spending and retarded policy
yall need a black man in yo faggot parliamenrt

a black man would straighten shit out

black people dont even need to spend no money

we self sufficient motherfuckers

BOS Negro

HSC
Before the American Civil War, the Democratic Party generally supported slavery and the Dred Scott decision, and after the war passed what are commonly referred to as "Jim Crow" laws to enforce segregation. The Republican Abraham Lincoln led the opposition to slavery, and ultimately brought about its abolition.
nigga abe lincoln wanted to expand slavery, not abolish it

get yo shit straight motherfucker

nathanf

HSC
Tony abbot is a Catholic Monarchist ( No idea how that works )
And is one of the more conservative out of the liberal ranks.

Just from knowing that, I dislike him. He is religiously and politically biased. He supports a system where the utmost power is held by someone who merely inherits the position because of their bloodline or marraige. And he also supports a religion which is something a politician should be free from.

Mind you, most politicians are still restricted to say they are a family orientated person with a wife and they go to church on Sunday. Mainly because many Australians think that's normal. Paul Keating had to do that even though he was gay. Because he knew that people are intolerant.

No, fundamentally I don't want him in power, but also I like Rudd more :)

nathanf

HSC
nigga abe lincoln wanted to expand slavery, not abolish it

get yo shit straight motherfucker

No, He actually said he personally disliked it. However he even said he would do whatever is ultimately good for the nation. Whether that be expanding or destroying slavery.

Lauchlan

HSC
Until about a week ago, I subscribed to the theory that T-dizzle was put up as a "dummy leader" - the libs thought they'd lose, so they sacrificed this idiot, and whoever became leader of the party afterward would look awesome by comparison.

But now it seems like people might seriously be considering him as a potential PM. If that happens, I'm leaving the country.
woah man... i dont see abbott lasting longer than 1 term and his chances of getting in this term are still tough

Lauchlan

HSC
What a ridiculous criticism. Tony Abbott shouldn't be prime minister because he is a right wing, xenophobic, homophobic, climate sceptic free market loving, bible bashing toff from Manly but his performance as leader of the opposition has been fine. Not brilliant, he's done some dumb stuff: All the speedo stuff, talking about his sex life, the whole health argument and the opposition to the CPRS but lets not forget Kevin Rudd's leadership involved scandals about doing dodgy deals with corrupt premiers, being caught out on interest rates and calling the incumbent prime minister a threat to national security.

But the other major parallel between Rudd(and Beazley and Howard) is that all of them campaigned on small target strategies as well. I remember David Marr heckling Rudd's election campaign with "Who needs a right wing when you have a consensus?" It was called the me too campaign, attempts to merely check the governments every move and wait for an unpopular one to deviate from. Even then most of the actual policy came out in the two months before election day not before. Small target campaigning is sensible, it's what delivers changes of government in Australia so if your going to heckle Abbott, make it for something he's doing wrong.
its not ridiculous criticism - its my viewpoint on what an opposition leader should do ie. deliver alternate policies - this is an area in my opinion that tony is slow and scrappy at. therefore i criticise his opposition strategy - however i am not saying it is ineffective. i agree that kevin needs to lift his game and push forward some decent policy conflicts towards the election - i dont think he should have postponed the ETS.

EDIT: Also, don't assume I 100% agree with the video. I agree that Tony Abbott isn't a bad politician, also. But still, PM is a big step. That is the issue I am trying to discuss with you. Again, its obvious that I have an opinion, but I also acknowledge the value of the liberal voter's view.

Last edited:

Lauchlan

HSC
Rudd threatens the economic future of this country so no
you have a fair point - i admit to that.

the liberals are economic freaks who try to save every penny. however your point would be valid if we had an example of what the liberals call 'value for money'.

doing nothing is not an example.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
you have a fair point - i admit to that.

the liberals are economic freaks who try to save every penny. however your point would be valid if we had an example of what the liberals call 'value for money'.

doing nothing is not an example.
keeping out of the affairs of business so they run efficiently and have sustainable growth and not raising taxes to cripple industry is an example of Liberal economic policy.

if Rudd gets in again he will invest in his Keynesian ways once the economy crashes again in about a few months or a years time and we will end up like Greece at the moment, a total fucking mess

Lauchlan

HSC
In a lecture the other day, some douchebag behind me said "That's why I love Tony Abbot so much, his maternity leave scheme would cut abortion rates by 90%".
It saddens me that people like this are voting.
+1

Religion + Politics = FAIL

Lauchlan

HSC
reasoning like that is common among voters.

you get things like this policy will have a A+B-D = E effect

people only care about E they don't give a shit about the affects that it will have on A,B or D.

the majority of the masses will vote for what sounds good not what works
the majority of your posts are you winging about this.

you have made your point now say something else, stop repeating yourself or gtfo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)